Chapter 46 “Donation”
411 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Zhang Jue woke up, it was already late afternoon. The afterglow of the setting sun spilled through the window onto the ground shines a golden yellow. He looked around and realized that he was lying on the sofa in the VIP room of Jiangzhou University, draped in Yang Xue's jacket. He sat up and rubbed his swollen neck.

"Wake already?"

Yang Xue's slightly surprised voice came. She had been by Zhang Jue's side since he had fallen asleep from too much exhaustion. Seeing that it was getting dark, she had was about to borrow a blanket, but who knew that Zhang Jue would wake up in a short amount of time.

Yang Xue poured a glass of water for him. Zhang Jue gulped it all down, looking thirsty.

"Slow down." Yang Xue poured him another glass, "How are you feeling? Still tired?"

There was nothing to be pretentious about with Yang Xue. Zhang Jue nodded, "I'm not tired. Just a little dizzy."

The use of the ability was a total consumption of physical and mental strength. His physical strength was fine, but his mental strength was not adequately trained. Something that was a little bit hard to do.

Yang Xue knew that Zhang Jue was not the kind of person who would easily show his weaknesses, and if he told her the truth, it means that he had completely trusted her and told her the truth. If she hadn't requested Zhang Jue to let those students finish the performance, Zhang Jue wouldn't have fainted from exhaustion. Yang Xue blames herself regarding this situation.

For a moment, she was contemplating herself and said, "Would you like to bring me a compress for your head?" Yang Xue's cheeks were slightly red, and there was an indescribable beauty under the mapping of the setting sun.

Zhang Jue rarely did not tease her and tilted his head, "Sure."

Zhang Jue lay on Yang Xue's lap. His mind was completely empty, without a single thought. Yang Xue's cold fingers were placed on his temples, gently rubbing them. The surrounding silence, it seems that time was frozen at this moment.

----

Suddenly, the sun was setting and went completely dark.

A knock can be heard from the door, and Vice President Zhang's voice came, "Hey, you two. Are you guys awake yet? the dinner is about to start."

Originally, Zhang Jue and Yang Xue had not planned to attend the dinner party here. But knowing Zhang Jue's current condition, their plan was interrupted.

Zhang Jue replied, "Got it, you can go there first. We'll catch up to you later."

The charity dinner was held at the Jiangzhou Hotel across the street from the university's gate. With the guidance from President Bai and Minister Qiu, Vice President Zhang understands Zhang Jue's role for Jiangzhou City. Zhang Jue might be unaware of it, and he didn't dare to go against Zhang Jue's wishes, so he could only tell them about the dinner party and then rush back to continue his duties.

Yang Xue compressed Zhang Jue for a little bit longer and waited until Zhang Jue let out a contented sigh before the two of them went downstairs and went to the party.

The time was 7:00 PM, and the lamplights were on.

Zhang Jue and Yang Xue arrived at the Jiangzhou Hotel. It was clearly past the schedule, but the banquet seemed to have not yet officially started. The guests were gathered in twos and threes, drinking and chatting inside the hall.

Although it was strange, Zhang Jue, who had returned to normal, grabbed the cupcakes on the table and stuffed them into his mouth. His mental exhaustion had gotten a lot better, but he was obviously hungrier than usual.

"Cough, cough..." To the point, he choked himself because he ate too fast.

"Can't you slow down a little?" Yang Xue snapped as she patted his back and smoothed his breath.

Zhang Jue took a sip of water and whispered, "You don't know how hungry I am."

----

The party was about to begin, and the host had already placed the microphone in front of the podium. The main purpose of tonight's party was to raise money for the school's new lab and to raise funds for the poor students at the university.

In short, it could be explained in four words - to ask for money.

Zhang Jue saw that several representatives of poor students were sitting on the side, quietly waiting for the process afterward. Jiangzhou University did not require a uniform dress code, so they all wore their own clothes.

Although clean, both the collars and cuffs were badly worn, and it was clear that it was indeed rough looking. Zhang Jue couldn't help but shake his head just by looking at them.

Students are students. They should think more in a simplistic way. There's a lot of food here. Do they not know how to eat?

He could only say that in his heart, it was fortunate that he hadn't said what he was thinking. Otherwise, he would have gotten another white look from Yang Xue.

"Advisor Zhang, you're finally here!" President Bai laughed and greeted him not far away, with Minister Qiu and Lei Shan right beside him.

President Bai had quite a hard time, having to entertain Lei Shan properly on one hand while not daring to neglect Zhang Jue on the other. After exchanging pleasantries and confirming that Zhang Jue's health was fine, President Bai put his mind at ease.

The banquet was about to start officially, and according to the process. President Bai needed to give a speech on stage, and before he left, he shook Zhang Jue's hand.

"Advisor Zhang, don't let our students of Jiangzhou University down, okay?"

Hearing President Bai say this, Zhang Jue was slightly stunned before he remembered that Lei Shan had come to visit on behalf of the Sirui Group-also known as the SCP Foundation-and Lei Shan had said that the amount of money to be donated and whether or not to plan investments in Jiangzhou City would have to be approved by Zhang Jue. So it could be said that Zhang Jue's attitude would largely affect Jiangzhou University and Jiangzhou City for the future of the Jiangzhou People.

After President Bai's speech, the dinner came to the most important part.

The entrepreneurs of Jiangzhou City who received the invitation and the distinguished alumni who graduated from Jiangzhou University began to donate to Jiangzhou University one after another. There were 30,000 to 50,000. Some donated from 80,000 to 100,000, and others donated more than 100,000 to 200,000.

Then, there are almost no more. No one's money comes to the donation, and the fundraising seemed at its limit. Dozens of millions of money are enough to drag down some small businesses. So that their capital chain broke, not to mention the direct donation that flows like a stream of water.

Those college students don't know that for them, millions of money thrown were nothing for those entrepreneurs.

A moment had passed. The most donations to the college are from the Jiangzhou City local enterprise - Jiangzhou Technology Co. Finally, it was Sirui Group's turn. They were the last ones to donate, which was deliberately arranged by President Bai.

The host handed the paper and pen to Lei Shan, but Lei Shan just smiled without any action. Understanding what he meant, President Bai turned around and looked at Zhang Jue with his eyes. Unaware of the situation, the people in the room whispered silently about them.

Minister Qiu explained the reason to a few people he knew well, and when they heard that the donation from Sirui Group had to be approved by Zhang Jue, they were all stunned. In this instant, everyone's eyes were focused on Zhang Jue, and they gradually became more and more enthusiastic.

A young man in his twenties was able to sway the strategic investment of a multinational group, definitely not a simple thing to do. This was no longer the impact that an ordinary position could cause. Who was he?

Of course, this question may not be answered.

Seeing President Bai looking at himself pitifully, Zhang Jue gulped and glanced at Yang Xue, who was always standing beside him. Yang Xue bowed her head, not forcing him, much less praying to him. But the clenched fist revealed her inner thoughts.

She didn't want to put the pressure on Zhang Jue, but she also wanted her alma mater, her hometown, to become a little better.

After the lunch, Zhang Jue exchanged information with Lei Shan, and although President Bai was a sleek person. The Foundation had not found any shady information about him, and he deserved a lot of credit for how far Jiangzhou University had come.

Without making everyone wait too long, Zhang Jue looked at Yang Xue and then at the representatives of the poor students who were standing left and right in the corners and nodded with a smile.

Read up to 40 chapters on my patreon!
https://www.patreon.com/nahyesq

15