Chapter 50 “My World”
316 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The fog was hazy. Zhang Jue knew that he had once again returned to his world. Unlike before, this time, he had returned at night. The location was still unclear, and he looked around. About two hundred meters away from him, there was a farm. At this moment, he was stepping on the plowed field.

Good grief

He couldn't even see anyone around this time. Zhang Jue moved one foot and then another until he arrived at the front of the farm. The farmhouse was not lit, there was no one inside, or the lights were not on because those people became weird.

It was a bit like the haunted houses in horror movies. But Zhang Jue was not scared of these things at all. He looked around and then entered the yard of the farm.

There was a switch at the gate of the yard. He tried to press it, and the light hanging on the gate came on. In the yard was a large piece of machinery with several letters printed on its body, probably the initials of its manufacturer.

The engine's cover had been opened, and black oil stains were scattered all over the place. Presumably, its owner had been repairing it not long ago.

The mailbox at the farmhouse entrance reads "JAMES", which must be the name of the farm owner. So, is this the western part of the country?

"Is anyone here?" Zhang Jue shouted in broken English.

Obviously, no one would answer him. Zhang Jue shrugged his shoulders and continued to look around for clues.

In the corner of the courtyard, he saw a toolbox, and for some reason, a wrench was broken off. Zhang Jue put the half-broken wrench in his hand and weighed it, finding out that it was very light as a weapon.

He looked around the yard twice and found no more valuable clues. Then he looked toward the door of the farmhouse.

Go inside and take a look?

The feeling of an exploration-type horror game was damn thrilling. Zhang Jue laughed and pushed his hand towards the farmhouse door and couldn't push it.

What a shame.

He was upset and kicked the wooden door forcefully only to put his foot go through the wooden door. He grunted, took his foot out of the hole, put his hand inside, and opened the door from the inside. It didn't look like it was completely locked.

The farmhouse was a small two-story building with a kitchen, living room, bathroom on the first floor, and two bedrooms on the second floor.

Zhang Jue whistled while he explored one room after another. Five minutes later, he confirmed that no one was in the farmhouse. Either a normal or abnormal person.

Zhang Jue looked at the wrench in his hand and thought to himself that probably the farmer had gone out on an errand and then never made it back. Zhang Jue rechecked each room again, and on the refrigerator door, he found a post-it note.

"David, I have to go to the town to buy some tools. If you're home, don't use my computer to play games!"

The people who lived in this farmhouse were a pair of father and son, and it seems their relationship was not very harmonious. Boys, playing games for a while is not a big deal, but... there is a computer here?

In the first round of search, he only focused on searching if there were people in the farmhouse. He did not care much about the furnishings or things in there. He did not expect that a computer in a farmhouse far from the city existed, and looking at the father's note, they could also play games.

Zhang Jue rubbed his hands together. It wasn't that his hands were itching to play games. He simply wanted to get online. Suppose there was even the slightest possibility that he could know what had happened in his world. The internet was definitely one of the quickest ways to know it.

He went to the first room upstairs. This was the father's room because the ashtray was filled with cigarette butts. If this was the kid's room, he was probably going to get beaten up so badly to the point he couldn't recover himself.

Zhang Jue turned on the power to the computer. After ten seconds or so, he entered the login screen and was required to enter a password.

Without a second thought, he directly entered 123456, but it failed. Apparently, not everyone's password was this one. Obviously, the father would not have set such a simple password to keep his son from secretly playing with his computer.

What could it be? A birthday?

I don't think so. That would be very easy. He had to keep it a secret from his son, so he wouldn't use something that both of them knew as a password.

Zhang Jue looked around; he didn't seem to find any valuable clues in the room. He stood by the window and looked out, and the broken-down harvester came into his mind.

That can't possibly be it.

Zhang Jue returned to his chair and typed in a few letters on the harvester's body. The password was correct.

Tsk, I really am a genius. Zhang Jue thought shamelessly.

He opened his browser, set the language to Chinese, and then entered the forum. Unlike before when he was looking for an online person. This time his mind was focused on the news section, searching for those self-published media.

Official news needed to go through multiple audits, and there was usually a delay in the broadcast. While those self-publishers with their main goal attract as much attention as possible, they would be the first person to broadcast if something unusual happened.

Sure enough, Zhang Jue found an unusual thread. It was posted on February 1st, 2221, at 23:57:55 seconds, two minutes before the accident. The tread was called "Red Moon".

Red Moon? You've read so many fucking novels. Can't you be a little creative?

Zhang Jue sighed while very fragrant clicked in. What caught his eye was a big picture of the moon, which was indeed red. There were several irrelevant replies below. All of them were trolling. But Zhang Jue instinctively felt that there was something wrong with this situation.

So, he used "Red Moon" as a keyword to search for more information and found many of the same thread. The time was around 23:58 on February 1st. Because the time from the accident was too short, there were only a few replies.

It was certain that the reason his world had turned into this way was most likely due to the influence of the Red Moon. Zhang Jue thought about it and mechanically opened the thread one by one. When he saw the content of the last thread, he was so shocked that he almost fell off the chair.

That thread was posted at 23:59:30, the last of all the threads about the Red Moon. Inside the post, there was only one photo. In the photo, seven red moons were floating in the sky.

Yes, there were seven moons—a Blood-like Red Moon.

I'll be damned. The moon really did turn into a blood-colored moon.

Zhang Jue clenched his jaw if it was not because Uchiha's clan member messed up the world. Then what caused these Red Moons?

Zhang Jue struggled to think but was completely devoid of any ideas. There was nothing in his memory that fit such information regarding an SCP. After thinking for a long time, Zhang Jue suddenly felt a little tired, and the scene in front of him began to blur. He knew that he was about to wake up.

However, he was out of the dream world just a moment after. A prompt suddenly popped up on the webpage.

"There is a new reply to your post. Click here to view it."

Read up to 40 chapters on my patreon!
https://www.patreon.com/nahyesq

12