Chapter 52 “Master of the Martial Art”
362 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a conversation with Zhang Jue, Yang Xue made up her mind that she wanted to find out the truth about her father's disappearance, and her first priority was to become stronger.

She called Guan Peng, the captain of the "Red Ying" Mobile Task Force. The team had already known about Yang Wenbai and started to comfort Yang Xue. After a few simple chats, he learned that Yang Xue was "asking for help" from him. Guessing Yang Xue's purpose, he left an address for her.

Zhang Jue and Yang Xue drove to a small village a hundred kilometers south of Jiangzhou City on the weekend. The village looks very dilapidated, with only a few people around. Looking at the architectural style, it seemed that the village had some history that they protected it.

Most of the people that live here are old, sick, and disabled. As for the young people, they moved to the city long ago.

Following Guan Peng's instructions, Zhang Jue and Yang Xue carried a pound of beef and a pot of high-quality wine to a family at the end of the village. But unfortunately, no one was home. The two were walking around the village trying to find someone to ask, but then they suddenly heard a loud shout.

"Old Chen Tou! You stole my chickens again! That chicken is for my grandson to lay eggs to eat!"

"Your precious grandson looks white and fat, unlike your son. Go ask your grandson-in-law. Father and son do not look like each other, Hahaha!" This person is on another level, and Zhang Jue secretly thumbs up, can't wait to find a small notebook to write it down.

However, Yang Xue frowned slightly. As a girl, it was not easy to accept such jokes.

Old Man Chen was chased with a broomstick. He ran wildly, and his legs were swift. He soon left the neighbor far behind, and he turned around to taunt others, "And the rabbit won the race again! Hahaha!"

Two people still have a business. They had no time to catch him and planning to leave. Zhang Jue and Yang Xue didn't expect Old Man Chen's head turned back.

"Tsk tsk, this is at least 10 years old red sorghum. Good wine, good wine!" He looked down and sniffed the bag in Zhang Jue's hand, enjoying it immensely.

Just by smelling it, he knew what kind of wine Zhang Jue was carrying in his hand and what year it was. Without saying anything else, this old man was definitely a connoisseur in this aspect of wine drinking. Zhang Jue smiled and pointed to the very back of the village.

"Old man, just to confirm. Is that Chen Xiao Yi's house over there? Do you know where he went?"

The old man's face changed, "What are you looking him for?"

Zhang Jue and Yang Xue looked at each other and smiled, "Don't get the wrong idea. We were introduced to him and told to ask him for help, look-" Zhang Jue lifted the things in his hands, "Is there any point carrying these things if we're only looking for trouble?"

"Oh, that's it huh." The old man hemmed and hawed, "I am Chen Xiao YI, what do you want from me? Let me see what other goodies have you brought." He said and turned his attention to the bag.

Yang Xue hurriedly stopped him, "Old man, are you really Chen Xiao Yi?"

"Yeah." The old man patted his chest, "If you don't believe me, you can ask the others here. They call me Old Chen here, but yeah, I'm Chen Xiao Yi."

Yang Xue said, "So, do you know a person called Guan Peng?"

"Guan Peng?" The old man snorted, "That brat is my disciple, the most untalented one. He has been expelled from my school. I have nothing to say about him."

----

Chen Xiao Yi, formerly known as Chen Shang Wu, was a famous CN master of martial arts. He mastered Chen's Fist and Sword method, and he fought worldwide without any rival. When he was at the height of his popularity, he had a match with Christina, a foreign boxing champion. He lost against her, retired from the martial arts world, and no one wondered about his disappearance.

Unexpectedly, he had lived such a miserable life after his golden times.

Yang Xue never knew that Uncle Guan was a disciple of this Master Chen and was expelled from the school because of his dull qualifications. Old Man Chen invited both of them into his home, and Yang Xue explained the purpose of her visit.

When he heard that he would take a woman as his disciple, Old Man Chen sucked his teeth straight.

"Girl, you are already an adult. It's too late to learn these things. You can learn basic movement, but you have to go through a lot of training. Plus, you look fragile. So, why bother?"

Yang Xue had already prepared herself mentally, "Master, I don't want to become an expert, I just..." she glanced at Zhang Jue, "don't want to be a burden for others."

Old Man Chen looked at Yang Xue, then at Zhang Jue, and gave a long sigh, "So that's how it is."

Old Man Chen reached out and tried to grab Zhang Jue's arm, Zhang Jue instinctively pulled back his hands, but Old Man Chen suddenly increased his speed. Zhang Jue didn't even have time to change his stance before his entire arm was caught by Old Man Chen's hand.

This Old Man skill was excellent.

Zhang Jue gave a dark grunt and was about to speak when he heard Old Man Chen say, "I see that you are a young man with good bones. Would you like to learn it from me?"

Learn what, cooking? Zhang Jue skimmed his mouth secretly.

But on second thought, his Kung Fu was self-taught and not systematic. So, it was not as powerful as normal Kung Fu, which was one of his shortcomings. Learning from this Old Man didn't seem like a bad idea.

Zhang Jue sighed, "Hey, since you are so passionate, then I will reluctantly agree. Let's make a deal. You can't ask me to seek revenge on that boxing champion. I'm not interested in that matter."

Old Man Chen laughed, a strange look flashed in his eyes, "No need that kind of bullshit novel revenge story. It's not my type of character either."

This Old Man really knows everything about martial arts. Zhang Jue and Yang Xue looked at each other and smiled, feeling their spirit had rejuvenated.

----

The next period of time, Zhang Jue and Yang Xue both ran to Old Man Chen's house whenever they could. It was no longer possible for adults to learn martial arts from the basic things like the Horse-Riding Stance.

Old Man Chen's teaching idea was to teach only the basic movement. As for them, it was the Ride Stance. It was enough to deal with the average person. As for what level they can eventually achieve, it still depends on their ability.

A few months had passed, under the guidance of Old Man Chen, Zhang Jue and Yang Xue's training session had come to an end. Guan Peng brought in a few MTF members to practice with them.

Yang Xue could already endure dozens of attacks in an actual battle without any trouble. Zhang Jue easily defeated his opponent. Of course, he did not use any special abilities. Otherwise, Guan Peng would be killed in seconds.

After the match, Guan Peng made a phone call to the village.

After the phone call, Guan Peng cautiously said, "Hey, second uncle. Yes, it's me, can you not always say in front of them that my qualifications are too poor. You were beaten up all over the place by your wife, so I saw it, and you were angry about it to the point you refused to teach me."

Old Chen's voice came from the other side of the phone, "You brat! The next time you came here to the village, I'll rip your skin!"

----

Because of Zhang Jue's presence, the research at Site-14 had gone smoothly, and the incident of the containment breach had never happened again, and those miserable researchers had finally lived a few months of peace.

And millions of miles away from them. A massive storm was approaching…

Read up to 40 chapters on my patreon!
https://www.patreon.com/nahyesq

10