Chapter 188
6.7k 22 191
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Captain, we have found nothing more on him. There is no data on his flight logs, and in the last two and half years, he's been off the radars. I have tried getting into his cellphone but I was found out by a third party who locked onto my location and fried my systems. I am on the run now..." A man on the call explained what had happened, and Ye Tian's expression tightened. 

"And the Grayson boy?" 

"We have nothing on him as well." The person answered. 

"Keep trying." He said and ended the call before staring at his laptop. 

On the screen, he saw a silver-grey Gemera enter a villa in the posh area next to the new Business Street of the city. It was Keith's car that had entered the Starlight Tower in the morning, and occupying the passenger seat was Lin Qingyue, the girl who was meant to be his. 

He had the urge to go there and kill both of them, but after what happened yesterday, he was a little apprehensive about the Heir of the Demiliore Family. 

Ye Tian still did not understand what had happened to his Aura, and by the strength that Keith had used, it was clear that he was an Auror, and surely a strong one given how fast he was. He could not be sure that Keith was also in the Spirit Profound Realm, but he highly doubted it. It should not be possible for a 22-year-old to be in the Spirit Profound Realm, and though he was strong, he was not strong enough to break his bones.

His thoughts drifted to what had happened yesterday in the class, and a wave of humiliation crashed into his heart, which erupted in his rage. 

A loud shattering sound spread in the room as the glass hit the wall, and then there was a deathly silence. 

Ye Tian glanced at his hand which was covered in an orange Aura, and his heart started calming down. 

After he woke up in the dumpster in the empty parking lot, he had still been unable to utilise his Aura. What was scary was that he could not even feel his Aura Nodes and the fear that crept into his heart was greater than ever. He thought that somehow he had turned into a Waste, but thankfully, the weird phenomenon only lasted a few hours, and later in the night, he was able to sense his Aura again. 

It had nearly been a day now, and he had found nothing wrong with his body. But he still could not be sure that what happened yesterday was a coincidence or Keith's doing. And if it was his doing, how did he do it?

He had put his Team that he had gathered over the years to investigate everything about the Heir of the Demiliore Family, and he had found nothing substantial on him.

It was as if the Government itself was protecting all of Keith's data, or it was simply erased from the logs as soon as it appeared on them, and for that to happen, it meant that Keith was a member of Netherian Special Forces. 

Now that he thought about it, it made sense as to why he disappeared two and half years ago. He must have been with the Military, and the former Heir of the Grayson Family was with him. 

The thought of the blonde boy brought another face to his mind, and Ye Tian felt a little suffocated. 

He had just found out that it was Rebecca Grayson, who had driven him out of the Starlight Tower, and as he recalled her light smile from that day he had advised her to give up on Keith, a chill ran up his spine. 

The mockery and disgust in her eyes for him was humiliating, and even though she kept that light smile on her face, it was the smile of someone who looked down on you. And he clearly remembered the words she said to him. 

'Those who try to reach for stars, end up dead in the void.'

At that moment, he did not truly understand what she meant, but now he did. In her eyes, he was but a fool.

"Why?" He softly asked, and it was hard to make out whom the question was directed at. 

Ye Tian could not understand how things had worked out for him in the last six months. It was not how everything was supposed to go.

He had arrived in the city with the wealth and power that he had accumulated abroad, thinking that he would now settle down in Sameran with the help of the Lin Family, something that his Master had prepared for him. But when he arrived and learnt about everything, the dream that he had was shattered. 

His beautiful Fiancée was in love with another man, so much so that she had cut off her ties with the Lin Family. She even lived in the house of the man she was in love with, and after investigating her, he found several images where she was hugging or holding hands with the Heir of the Demiliore Family, not bothered that people could see that she had an affair with a married man.

She was so gorgeous, so perfect that he had felt like he had fallen in love with her at the first sight, but with every day that passed, his affection for her diminished. 

Keith Argus Demiliore, the Heir of the Demiliore Family of Sameran, Grandson of the former Deputy Governor-General of External Affairs, Diana Demiliore, and Retired General of the Dragon Corps, Raizer Demiliore. Son of the president of the Demiliore Consortium, Venessa Demiliore. President of the famous Black Forest Group, valued at over 300 Billion Neris. Fiancée of the daughter of the Head of the Grayson Family and also the Fiancée of the daughter of the Head of the Angelini Family. 

It was as if the heavens themselves had blessed him with everything that they could. And Ye Tian envied everything about him. It should have been a sin for someone to be so perfect, and if that was not enough, he was surrounded by girls who were arguably the most beautiful people in this world. 

Ye Tian's heart trembled a little when he thought of Kiara Angelini. He had never seen a girl so beautiful. She was even more beautiful than Qingyue, and even Kiara's best friend, Ingrid, was a beauty who could rival Qingyue. And then there was Keith's wife and the Vice-President of his Group, Amelia Demiliore, another perfect girl who was revered by everyone for her talent in architecture, and her beauty and grace. 

Everywhere he went in the city, he saw his face on the banners or the name of his family or his own group. There was not a single soul in this city who did not know about the famous Keith Demiliore. That fame irked him, and on more than one occasion, he had fallen out in an argument with random men in the bar. 

People revered him as if he was some God, but everything he had achieved was only thanks to his family. Could they not see that perhaps it was his mother who had helped him with everything? Otherwise, how could an 18-year-old create such a large and powerful group in such a short time?

The things he had found out about the Heir of the Demiliore Family indicated otherwise, but no one seemed ready to believe him. 

He felt hollow in his heart when the image of a sweet girl crossed his mind. The very girl who used to follow him everywhere, chanting his name. How gorgeous she had turned over time, but that devil had taken advantage of her, and the foolish her was now taking the side of her oppressor. 

She was meant to belong to him. After all, it was what she had promised him before he was taken away by his Master. 

Did she not say that she would wait for him to marry him one day? Why was she then willingly spreading her legs for that hateful Heir of the Demiliore Family?

"Bitch..." He cursed, sure that she has fallen for the allure of all the glitter and gold surrounding that man. 

His eyes inadvertently looked at his other phone, which had just vibrated. It was another message from the office. He had received dozens of them since the morning, telling him that the contacts of his Security Company were being terminated. 

There was news circulating in the media about how he had offended the Heir of the Demiliore Family. And now both the Demiliore Family and the Black Forest Group wanted him gone from the City. 

More rage bubbled up in his heart. 

Did Keith think that he owned the city and could do as he pleased? Ye Tian did not believe that. 

What he believed in was that he was someone destined to trample people like Keith in his life, and stand at the top of the pyramid of life. So what if Keith was blessed by the heavens themselves? He would trample the heavens themselves!

He would crush Keith, the Demiliore, the Graysons, the Angelini... He would crush everyone who stood against him. And he was going to make sure that Qingyue and Ayesha regret choosing Keith over him. 

With a renewed vigour, he took a deep breath and picked up his phone. There was something he had to do about what was happening. It was too hateful that his despicable senior brother had killed their Master, and now he needed to find other sources of support. 

And he also needed to clarify something to a fool. 

"Zihan, we need to talk." 

"What is it?" The boy on the phone sounded a little impatient. 

"I did not know that Uncle had transferred 20% shares to my name." He lied. "Let's meet and talk about it. I promised to help you get back the 25% shares that are in your brother's hands. And I now have a way to get it done..." 

Of course, the fool fell for it. The bastard who wanted to swallow all the wealth. Ye Tian smirked after the call ended. It was another fool who would have to be eliminated in the future. A son who was not loyal to his father could never be loyal to those whom he called his friends. Besides, Lin Zihan was not worth his friendship. 

"Keith Demiliore... I shall expose you tonight." He smiled lightly and then with a confident face, walked into the side room to get ready for the evening. 

191