Chapter 189
5.8k 10 194
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment he stepped out of the car, the lights of the cameras started flashing. He ignored everyone and calmly walked over to the passenger seat, opening it for the lady, who was wearing a gorgeous grey dress that complemented her eyes. 

Qingyue was a little shy at seeing him openly admitting to their relationship, but more than anything, she felt sweet and happy in her heart. She wrapped her arms around his and then allowed him to lead her into the Hotel. 

There were people already waiting for them inside the lobby, and the manager of the Sylus Continental Sameran City, immediately stepped forward to receive him. 

"Heir Demiliore!" The aged man politely smiled and bowed to him. 

"Mr. Gon." He nodded to the old man. "Have all the arrangements been made?" 

"Rest assured, Heir Demiliore, everything has been completed." Gon assuredly said and then led the two of them to the presidential Hall that was reserved for the event being hosted by the Black Forest Group.

All the guests were already present inside the Hall, and Keith was half an hour late. 

As soon as he entered the Hall, hundreds of eyes turned his way. 

Amelia and Rebecca smiled at him and walked over to greet him, which they did by taking turns hugging him and planting a kiss on his cheek, something that the enthusiastic press gleefully captured. 

Rebecca, Amelia, Qingyue, and Keith briefly chatted with each other under the eyes of everyone, and then Qingyue left with the girls to sit down at the table under the platform, whilst Keith proceeded to greet all the Special guests who had come tonight. 

To the dismay of everyone, the first group of people he greeted was the Falkens, who were unexpectedly present here tonight. 

"Heir Falken." Keith flashed a bright smile as he arrived in front of Christian, who now stood a couple of inches shorter than him. "It's a pleasant surprise. Thank you for coming here tonight." And he proceeded to pat the shoulder of the young man who was several years older than him. "Also, congratulations on becoming a father!" 

Christian was baffled by what was happening. He never thought that Keith would acknowledge his presence here tonight, but the first thing that the Heir of the Demiliore Family did was greet him. 

Though he was baffled, he was not foolish enough to mistake it for Keith's sincerity. 

Everyone had their eyes on them, and he felt a strange pressure boring onto his heart, making him feel compelled to greet Keith just as cordially. 

"Thank you, Heir Demiliore." Christian composed himself and smiled back. "My apologies for coming uninvited, but I and my family did not want to miss the last details of the Noxville Netheria." 

"I see." Keith understandably nodded. "Enjoy your time here tonight." He said and then moved towards the next group of people. 

"Heir Demiliore." Before Christian could say anything the tall man in his fifties, together with his two sons greeted him. 

"President Hathway." He smiled and shook hands with the old man. "It's an honour to have you here tonight." 

"You are polite, Mr. Demiliore. How could we have missed this event?" Gordon Hathway lightly laughed and then introduced him to his eldest. "This is Jason, the Heir of the Hathway Corporation.... and you are already familiar with Tristan..."

One by one, Keith met with the key figures present here tonight. These not only included the Business Giants of the country and the World, but also the High-Ranking Government Officials. And finally, he greeted the guests who were also his relatives. 

Danielle was present here tonight together with her son, Benjamin, who was not so little anymore and was brimming with happiness at seeing Keith. 

"Hey..." He effortlessly picked up the boy, who hugged him and jubilantly started asking questions about where Keith had been and also told him about how much everyone had missed him.

Though this was an official event, he did not ask the little boy to behave and he did not play around with his words. He took his time and answered his questions briefly, which were also heard by the people nearby. 

"So, you are a doctor now?" Ben asked in surprise. 

"I am." He chuckled and put the little boy back on his feet. "Alright. Stay by your mother, and don't be too playful." 

"Okay." Ben obediently nodded his head to his instructions. 

"Congratulations, Aunt Danielle." The graceful lady smiled at him, having understood what Keith was talking about. 

"Thank you, Keith." She lovingly combed his hair and then chatted with him about how the Angelini Business was doing. 

She was two months pregnant, and soon little Ben was going to have a little sibling in his life to play around with. 

After his chat with Danielle Angelini, Keith walked over to the Grayson Family and greeted Marcus and Susana. 

"Good to see that you two are in perfect health." He happily said and watched Marcus laugh at his words. 

"Rebecca is quite forceful when it comes to our health," Susana informed him, and her eyes were a little misty. 

Keith knew that she was overwhelmed with gratitude for bringing Julian back to meet her, but she was holding herself back since this was not the place to talk about it. 

He then proceeded to hug a young man who was in his late twenties and was standing next to Marcus.

"Good to see you again, Heir Grayson." He politely said. 

"Damon is fine, Heir Demiliore." The blonde boy lightly smiled, feeling a little awkward at being called 'Heir Grayson' by Keith. 

The last time they met was at Rebecca and Keith's engagement ceremony, and a lot of things had changed since then. 

"As you say, Heir Grayson." Keith chuckled and then engaged the young man in a conversation about the business growth in the city. 

Seeing the Heirs of both the Demiliore and Grayson Families chatting happily with each other, a lot of questions that had been raised were answered or were curbed. 

There was apparently no friction between the two families over Damon being named the Heir after Julian disappeared. The former Heir of the Grayson Family had been seen in the city yesterday with Keith, and the gossips were hot that Keith might try to help Julian get back his position. 

After he was done talking with the Grayson Family, Keith walked right past the Lin Family, not even bothering to look at them or the very person who had been in news today and was sitting on that table as well, and arrived at the stage where Aunt May and Amelia were waiting for him. 

"Good evening, everyone. Thank you for coming tonight on such short notice." He smiled brightly. "And my Apologies for coming late. Something important held me back." He politely spoke into the microphone, and the guests unanimously replied to him that it was fine. "I am sure a lot of you have been wondering where I disappeared for the last two and half years, and well, the truth is that I needed a break and needed to invest my time elsewhere. I am happy to inform you that I have successfully Graduated from the Royal Medical School in Austria, and I am now a proud member of the Royal Medical Association."

His words dismayed a lot of people in the audience and even the Grayson and Angelini looked at him in shock.

Qingyue too was surprised since she knew where he had actually been, but she did not doubt that Keith was lying. He was never going to publicly announce such a thing if it was not the truth. 

On the table that was occupied by the Lin Family, a certain young man frowned as his eyes narrowed on Keith. 

"Do you think he's telling the truth?" The boy next to him, who was the new Heir of the Lin Family doubtfully asked, but both Lin Houtian and Ye Tian stayed quiet. 

Lin Houtian knew that Keith was already a doctor, so it was not really a surprise to him that Keith managed to finish 10 years of studies in the two and half years he had been away for. 

Ye Tian who had investigated Keith also knew that he possessed some Medical Skills thanks to an Inheritance, but right now, he was confused. 

The Royal Medical School of Austria was directly under the command of the Medical Association of the Royal Five. The Royal Medical Association was the world's most prestigious and renowned Medical Association, and every doctor who was a member of it was one of the world's finest doctors. In the four-hundred-year-long history of the Royal Medical Association, not one doctor who was invited to become a member of the circle was ordinary.

He did not doubt that Keith was not a member of the Royal Medical Association, but he was confused because his earlier guess was that the Heir of Demiliore Family was away with the Netherian Special Forces. 

There was a little hope in his heart that Keith was actually not part of the Special Forces, but was just someone that the Netherian Government paid keen attention to. And now that he took a better look at the Heir of Demiliore Family, he did not have the presence of a soldier or a fighter at all. He just had that scholarly and ridiculously handsome presence. 

A vicious sneer appeared on his face as he glanced toward Qingyue and then back at Keith. Others might have not paid much attention to it, but he had caught how tired and weak in the legs Qingyue was when she arrived together with Keith. He was certain the important thing that had kept the Heir of Demiliore from arriving on time was this bitch who was in heat at seeing her lover after years. 

His blood was boiling with rage, but Ye Tian kept his calm. Now was not the time to start, but he was going to make sure that the Heir of the Demiliore Family was exposed to the world tonight. 

"I will answer the questions later. Let's start with the main subjects for tonight's event." He refused to answer the questions that the press was starting to throw at him and then smiled at his wife who joined him on the podium. 

"Memoir, the star of the Black Forest Group has been continuously on the rise. And we are pleased to announce to you that there has been a three-fold increase in profits since the last quarter..." Keith started the night by informing the guests how well the Social Network which was soon going to become the world's number one social platform was performing. 

And after that, Amelia took over and informed the guests about the final plans for the Noxville Netheria and the new companies that were going to become part of the Noxville Business Circle.

The reason why the Hathways were here tonight was that they were part of the Noxville now, and would own a proud Tower in the Noxville Netheria. 

What came out as a real surprise was that both the Angelini and Grayson Families had been accepted as members of Noxville Business Circle. 

Everyone understood that it was only because of Demiliore Family that they had managed such a feat since their Businesses were not diverse or profitable enough to make it on their own. 

It was something that everyone had already guessed, but after Amelia finished speaking and did not even mention the names of Falken and the Lin Family, the atmosphere turned a little awkward. It had to be remembered that Falken were the second richest and most powerful Family in Sameran, and for it to not be a part of the Noxville whilst both Grayson and Angelini were, was something that was undoubtedly going to upset them. 

However, despite wearing solemn expressions, the Falken entourage did not stand up to walk out of the Hall. 

Quite a lot of people were exercising patience tonight. 

194