Chapter 191
6.8k 25 221
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mr. Ye, I hope you are aware of how strict the defamation charges in Netheria are." Keith calmly said as he looked the man right in the eyes. 

"It is not defamation if it is the truth." Ye Tian confidently said. "Do you think I am saying this without any proof? I will see you in court, Demiliore, and you are more than welcome to file defamation charges against me." 

"If that is the case, why would you announce it at this event?" He curiously asked. 

"Because I want the world to know your true face, Demiliore. I want the world to know that you, who are regarded as a prince, are an evil person who kills innocent people and rapes helpless girls! I know what you did with Ayesha, and I know what you did with your secretary, Nana!" Ye Tian turned to take a good look at all the people present and then glanced at Nana, who was wearing a deep frown on her face as she sat next to Qingyue. "Why don't you tell us how you got to know your secretary, Demiliore? And what exactly is your relationship with her?" 

Keith stayed silent at his question and kept looking at Ye Tian. 

"That's it? No answers to share? And here I thought that you would, at least, try to clear your name." The Chinese man smirked. 

"You disappoint me yet again, Mr. Ye." Keith sighed and shook his head before he ignored the man and turned to smile at his secretary. "Nana, please come up here." 

The girl who was wearing a cream-coloured pantsuit immediately related to his words and walked up to him, and right in front of everyone, Keith sipped a kiss off her lips. 

"You want to know what my relationship is with her, right? Well, she is my lover, my mistress, as well as my secretary. And this is something that everyone in the upper echelon of Sameran is well aware of." He calmly said, and some guests nodded their heads at his words. "As for how we met, why don't we ask the very person whom you have dragged into your childish game of slanders, Mr. Ye?" He smiled at the girl who was a little nervous and urged her to speak. 

"Good evening, everyone. It is sad to see that someone is trying to use me to further his nefarious agendas, but since Keith wants me to answer this man's question and tell all of you how we met, I will do it. Let me say it first that I have always admired Keith since we were in High-School when he was my senior. The first time we spoke was on a call when I had mustered up some courage and got his number from my English Professor's office files. Yes, I know that some of you might frown over my act, but I was just a silly girl who had a helpless crush on him. I did not know what to say to him and immediately ended the call after he picked it up, and when he called me back and I nervously told him how I got his number, which amused him a lot. He was kind enough to not be offended, and though we did text each other every now and then after that day, it was mostly I asking for his help in academics. And if I am being honest, I was just looking for a reason to talk to him." 

She had a light smile on her face as she recalled the past events. 

"Later that year, my mother got sick and we needed a lot of money for her treatment. I did not know what to do and called him for help, and again he was kind enough to readily offer his help. You can call it my silliness or whatever you want, but when he came over to meet me at a restaurant that day, I professed my feelings for him and selfishly kissed him. If you want Mr. Ye, you can file a harassment case against me on Keith's behalf since you want to act like a good man who goes around, determined to get justice for strangers." She smiled and then her eyes narrowed at Ye Tian. "He did not rape me, Mr Ye. And I am not going to indulge anyone anymore in my private life, but know that I feel cared for by him and that we have an honest relationship. Please refrain from speaking nonsense and dragging bystanders into your childish games." 

Ye Tian had a frown marring his face as he listened to Nana's words. He did not think that this girl was so stupid in love with Keith that she would make up such a story. It simply had no loopholes.

Little did he know that Nana had not really lied about what happened all those years ago. Yes, she did keep some information, but the story was not tweaked much. 

The guests who were present in the hall could not help but admire how well Nana handled everything. They had seen her accompanying Amelia at events as her secretary, and though most of them had thought that she was just a flower being raised by Keith, it seemed that they had underestimated her. She was quite confident and was capable of putting people in their place. 

Seeing the unsightly expression on Ye Tian's face, Keith sighed again and then patted Nana's back before speaking into the microphone. 

"Since we have now concluded that you made a false accusation against me, why don't you apologise to my secretary, Mr. Ye?" He lightly smiled. "I will be frank, I am not a man who tolerates disrespect for my ladies. And you seemed to have not learned your lesson yet. Might I remind you that you still owe Qingyue an apology for what you did and said yesterday in front of our classmates?" 

Ye Tian burst out laughing when he heard Keith's words, trying to mock him, but ended up making a mockery of himself as everyone looked at him as if he had some screws loose up in his brains. 

"And just because I did not apologise to an unfilial and shameless girl, you targeted my company and spread those negative news about me! Aren't you a little too vindictive, Demiliore?!"

There was a stunned silence in the hall after Ye Tian's latest words, and even Lin Houtian and Lin Zihan felt embarrassed that this man was standing next to them. 

Qingyue had a deep frown marring her face, and those who knew her could see the anger flashing in her gorgeous eyes. 

"Negative news?" To the surprise of everyone, Rebecca stepped forward and lightly smiled at Ye Tian. "Are you saying that the news about you being given 20% Shares in the Lin Group of Industries is false, Mr. Ye? You do realise that we have some government officials present here today who know the truth of the matter?" 

Her words caused Ye Tian's smile to stiffen, and he inadvertently glanced at Zihan, whose face was a little unsightly before looking back at the stage. 

"I will see if you still have that smile on your face when your Fiancé will be dragged into court on charges of murder and rape, Miss Grayson." 

"He's not my Fiancé, Mr. Ye. He is my husband." She corrected him. "Since you intend to take this matter to the court, I really hope that you would do it and that it is not some stupid attempt to defame my Husband. And I can assure you that I will keep smiling, Mr. Ye, and that is because I know my husband better than to believe in your nonsensical talk." 

She narrowed her eyes at him, and everyone could sense that she was angry now. 

"And I also know what kind of man you are and what your truth is, Mr. Ye. A disgraced soldier who was going to be kicked out of the Military for defying the orders of a senior and harming his colleague. You only received an indefinite suspension because your Master who trained you called in all his favours and used all his means to save you. Why don't you tell everyone where you have been for the last six years and how much blood is on your hands? Enlighten everyone present here tonight to your true profession, Mr. Ye." 

Her words caused everyone to look in the direction of Ye Tian, who had a stunned expression on his face. But Rebecca was not done with him yet. 

"The first time you committed a crime was when you were only eleven years old. You stabbed a man in the eye because he was disrespectful to you. Is not that true, Mr. Ye?" She smirked at him. "An orphan who was raised at an orphanage and who always got into trouble. You were always the problematic child, weren't you, Mr. Ye? You were almost expelled from the orphanage when only at the age of fourteen you were caught inside a brothel by your Headmaster." Her eyes got colder as she continued. "And you were a child who never learned to become a better man. You have no respect for the opposite sex, and your brazen eyes are always hungrily looking for your next victim." She smirked. "It was just two months ago when you forced a certain model to sleep with you in exchange for the help that she asked for." 

Her words stunned Ye Tian again as he could not believe how Rebecca knew so much about him. 

"You disrespected Qingyue, harrassed your childhood friend, Ayesha, leaving marks on her arm, and today, you brought Nana into your farce. You are only to blame yourself for what you sow, Mr. Ye. No matter what you think of yourself and entertain in your head, all I see and I think most people see is an insecure man who is not ready to acknowledge that he lacks in all the qualities that the one he envies is blessed with." She chastised him. "You are not a respectful man, and you are not a man who can speak about justice with all the blood that you have on your hands. You are a stupid and barbaric man who can not accept the truth that Qingyue and Ayesha, two women whom you lust after, belong to Keith. Isn't that right?" 

She bluntly mocked him and smiled brightly when she watched his face turn red. 

"What, Mr Ye? Are you thinking about ending my life? I must say, taking a person's life is something you are really good at. It is probably your second-best forte, the first being pathetic to levels that have never been seen before." 

Everyone was stunned after they listened to Rebecca's words. They had never thought that the ever-so-graceful Miss of Grayson Family could be so ruthless with her words. But before the whispers could start about what Rebecca had implied in her words, they watched as she signalled to the guards and the door of the hall opened. 

Dozens of Policemen, including officers in the black uniform with Federal Police Badges, entered the hall and surrounded Ye Tian, urging everyone to get away as they drew their handguns at the Chinese man. 

"Mercenary, Ye Tian, alias Wolf Fang, you are under arrest on charges of murder of Jun Gouzo!" A Police Officer stepped forward and showed the stunned man the arrest warrant. "Do not resist the arrest....." 

Keith was disappointed when Ye Tian did not resist the arrest. He was just too stunned after everything that had happened. 

Everyone inside the hall was silent, still in disbelief at what had happened, and soon whispers broke out as someone looked up on the latest news about Jun Gouzo's death. 

There was a video being circulated in which a man could be heard laughing as his killer took off his mask. 

These were the last moments of Jun Gouzo's life, and it seemed that he had a hidden camera inside the room where he was killed. 

It was a short clip, but it was more than enough evidence for what happened. 

Keith could not help his smile when his blonde bride turned to look at him and grinned. 

Though he was surprised that she had investigated Ye Tian so thoroughly, he was not shocked. She was very dangerous to her enemies, and everything that happened tonight was the plan that she had come up with last night. 

221