Chapter 192
6.1k 10 193
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A tall young man nervously stood with his head lowered, not daring to raise his head and meet the eyes of the young man who was sitting at the table talking with his father. 

He knew that what happened today was majorly his fault, and he felt very uncomfortable as he understood that he had put his Young Master in jeopardy. 

"Sit down, Sebastian." A commanding voice spoke, and the young man carefully raised his head. 

Somehow, seeing the light smile on Keith's lips, calmed his nerves down and the sinking feeling abated. 

"I should have gotten rid of him..." He apologetically spoke but was cut off when the blonde lady shook her head. 

"It is not your fault." Rebecca calmly said without looking at him. "And we can not kill all the people who work for us. If we start doing that, we would end up with no one willing to work for us." 

It was something that Sebastian knew too, and he felt embarrassed about the words that escaped his mouth due to his nervousness and guilt. 

"What is done is done. No need to fret over it. What we need to do now is make sure that whatever evidence Ye Tian has on him is taken care of." Keith lightly said. 

"What are the chances that the man he has in his hands would confess his crime?" Rebecca seriously looked at Sebastian and asked. 

"We can't be sure about it or bet on him not having revealed the details already." 

Hearing his words, both Keith and Rebecca nodded in appreciation. 

"You are right. He has already confessed his crime and Ye Tian has a recording of it. The man is dead, and the evidence Ye Tian has on him is nothing significant since the one who confessed it can not appear in court." Keith suddenly said, catching everyone off-guard. 

"What?" The blonde girl looked at him in disbelief. "He was so confident and vocal about it and in the end, it was nothing but a far-fetched conspiracy? How can anyone be so dumb?" 

"Are you sure, Young Master?" Caesar seriously asked. 

"Yes." He nodded his head. "Ye Tian knew that the evidence was not much, which was why he was probably hoping to catch the attention of all our enemies to back him up." 

"I can't be bothered anymore about such a stupid man." The blonde girl disappointedly said and then kissed Keith on the cheek. "Good Night!" 

"Good night." He chuckled as he watched her leave the study. 

She had concluded that her sleep was much more important than fretting over a dog who could only bark before them. And she was right about it. 

Ye Tian was helplessly put into prison tonight. And provided the evidence and the power of the Demiliore Family, no one could bail him out. 

"Just focus on Ye Tian's trial. Make sure that he has no way out. There will be people who will approach us, especially grandfather and grandmother in the next few days, and you must direct them all to me." 

"As you say, Young Master." Caesar nodded his head. "But I think we need to get rid of the evidence Ye Tian has on him. Even if it is not much, we can not let it fall into the hands of the enemies." 

"It will be taken care of. Don't worry about it." He nodded his head and assured the old man. 

"Good night, Young Master." 

After Caesar left the room, only Keith and Sebastian remained in the study. 

"Have you taken care of all the official paperwork of Sylus Continental?" 

"Yes, Young Master. We have...." 

The two of them went over the details of everything and Sebastian handed him all the files that concerned Sylus Continental. Even though everything was taken care of, Keith still read every detail, making sure that everything was in place. 

"You should start focusing on your Cultivation, Sebs." He said after he closed the last file and put it on the side. "You are lagging behind people around you." 

Sebastian felt a little uncomfortable after hearing Keith's words. He had indeed not progressed much in the last few years and had been stuck in the Peak of the Great Profound Realm. 

"Take a couple of weeks off," Keith said and placed a vial containing a lustrous yellow pill on the table. "Consume it after a good night's rest. It will hopefully help you break through and reach the peak of the True Profound Realm." 

Sebastian was baffled after hearing those words and looked at Keith in amazement. After he calmed down a little, he felt a little heavy in his heart. 

"You should keep something so precious for yourself, Young Master..." 

"It is of no use to me." He shook his head and cut him off. "Take it and focus on Cultivation." 

Sebastian nodded his head and picked up the vial. 

"Thank you, Young Master." He respectfully bowed and then left the study, leaving Keith alone. 

"System, how many Fate Points would be needed to erase all evidence Ye Tian has accumulated against me and my family?" 

{It will consume 35 Fate Points.} The System answered him. {Does the Host wish to erase all the evidence?} 

He was surprised that it would only consume 35 Points, but it made sense if everything Ye Tian had against him was not too jeopardising.

"Do it." 

{Initiating Host's request...} 

{Ding! 35 Fate Points have been consumed and all the evidence Ye Tian had against Host and his Family has been erased.} 

"Show me my information." 

[Fate Plundering System: Level 2] 

Host: Keith Argus Demiliore 

Age: 22 

Status: True Inheritor of the God of Darkness, Erebus. Heir of the Demiliore Family. Young Master Demiliore. President of the Black Forest Group. Prince of the Phoenix Cell 969. Lt. Colonel is the Netherian Military, Dragon Corps.

Cultivation Rank: Spirit Profound Realm (Late Stage) 

Strength: 25 

Speed & Reflexes: 27 

Constitution: 30

(10 is the Average

Limit for Cultivators in Spirit Profound Realm. 50 is the Maximum Limit.) 

Charm: 99 (Can not rise. 100 is the Maximum Limit for every living being.) 

Fate: 666 (Black) + 7295 (Rising Trend). 

(Fate Points will keep rising with the growth of the Heroines of Destiny whom you have conquered.) 

Personal Net-Worth: 77 Billion Nr 

Family Net-Worth: 87 Billion Nr 

System Wallet: 1.5 Billion Nr. 22950 System Points. 

Skill-Set: Medicine (Expert), Business Mastery (Expert), Vehicle Mastery (Expert), Weapon Mastery (Advanced), Combat Mastery (Advanced), Swimming (Master), Cooking (Intermediate), Chess (Expert), Administration (Advanced), Diplomacy (Expert), Painting (Intermediate), Calligraphy (Advanced), Drawing (Expert), Piano (Expert), Violin (Expert), Singing (Intermediate), Football (Intermediate), Programming (Advanced), Equestrian (Advanced). 

Note: Only the Skills that have Intermediate and above Levels are listed in the Skill Set.

{System Inventory: 3x Foundation Building Pill (Mortal Grade). 4x Aura Refinement Potion (Spirit Grade). 5x Potion of Youth (Spirit Grade). 3x Aura Soul Potion (Spirit Grade). 5x Baptising Marrow Pill (Spirit Grade). 2x Skill Upgrade Card (Silver). 1x Skill Upgrade Card (Gold). 1x Bracelet of Purest Blue Diamonds. The Devil Sutra. Level Up Mystery Box.} 

"What's the limit of the Golden Skill Upgrade Card?" 

{A Golden Upgrade Card can help the Host level up any one of his skills by three Levels. The limit is the Grand Master Level of Skill.} 

"Any Skill?" 

{Yes, Host. This is why you should be careful whilst using Skill Upgrade Cards. They are extremely rare.} 

"And you did not tell me this information when I used one to upgrade my Stock Trading Skill three years ago." 

{There was not much time Host.} 

Keith sighed after hearing those words and shook his head. 

"Use the Golden Card on Medicine." 

{Initiating Host's requested...} 

{Ding! The skill "Medicine" has been upgraded to the Grand Master level.}

Keith felt waves of information flood his mind, and he felt a tingling sensation all over his body. 

The phenomenon lasted for a good minute, and he took another minute to calm down his excitement. 

Knowledge was great Power, and he possessed the knowledge of something very precious called Life.

He knew that even if he did not upgrade his Medicine skill again, he would still be one of the finest doctors even in the heavens. But there was this craving inside of him for more Knowledge and Power that came with it. 

Now that he had tasted this Knowledge and Power, he was not going to be satisfied with it until he reaches the God Rank of the Doctors. 

He then took a good look at all his skills and could not decide what he wanted to level up. 

"A Skill card would only work on a single Skil? Or can I upgrade a Mastery?" 

{Skill Upgrade Cards can only be used on individual Skills. There are Mastery Upgrade cards to level up an entire Mastery; however, there is a limit on Mastery Upgrade Cards that they can't level up skills that fall in the Immortal and Divine Ranks.} 

"Immortal and Divine Ranked Skills?" 

{Medicine, Alchemy, and Formation Mastery are some examples of Divine-Ranked Skills. Beast Mastery is an example of an Immortal-Ranked Skill. A complete Weapon Mastery falls into the category of a Heaven-Ranked Skill. Diplomacy and Administration are Profound-Ranked Skills. Swimming, Programming, and Football are examples of Mortal-Ranked Skills.} 

"I see." 

"And Combat Mastery?" 

{A complete Combat Mastery falls into the category of Heaven-Ranked Skill.}

"Not Immortal?" 

{No, Host.}

"Interesting." He smiled. "My Alchemy Skill is at Elementary Level, right?" 

{Yes, Host. Do you wish to use a Silver Skill card on it?} 

"No." He shook his head. "Buy me books on Alchemy that will help me level it up to the Intermediate Level. I will use the Skill Upgrade Card later. And buy me some books on Medicine." 

{Curently, the books on Medicine in the shop do not exceed the Expert Level.} 

"That's fine. I need them for Rebecca." 

{Initiating Host's request...} 

{Ding! You have spent 6600 System Points and bought three books from the Shop...}

Keith checked the inventory and found three books inside it. He could not help but appreciate the leather covering and then checked their details. 

Two were on Medicine, and only one was on Alchemy. But it was the one that was the thickest of the three.

He could not wait to start reading it, but he had already promised Yingying that he would test out her progress. 

Just when he was about to close the inventory, his eyes landed on the Golden Chest, which was the System Level Up reward. 

"Open it." 

{Ding! You have acquired a Mastery Upgrade Card (Gold)}

{Ding! You have acquired a Space Storage Ring (Grade: Profound)}

{Ding! You have acquired a book on Magic (Grade: Profound)}

Keith calmly looked at the new additions to the inventory. He has to admit that the reward was a little too generous.

"What's the limit of the Golden Mastery Upgrade Card?" 

{This card can help you level up all the existing Skills in a Mastery to the Expert level. It will not affect the Skills that are above the Expert level.} 

Keith took his time as he thought things through. It was something very precious, and he had keenly listened to what the system had just said. 

If he immediately uses this card, then it would undoubtedly be a waste. 

"System, how many System Points would be required to obtain all the skills I am missing in the Combat Master?" 

{It would cost a total of 745,500 System Points to obtain all the missing skills in the Combat Mastery. Currently, the Host lacks the amount as even after the Fate Points are converted into System Points, they would not be enough.} 

"That's expensive." He frowned. 

{Not all Skills in the Combat Mastery are Mortal-Ranked or Profound-Ranked, there are a lot of individual skills that are Heaven-Ranked, such as the Aerial Combat Arts, Water Combat Arts, Ground Combat Arts, Silent Combat Arts.}

He knew what each of these Combat Arts meant. These were not just limited to fighting alone but also contained the knowledge of how to lead a battalion in a war. And these Aerial Combat Arts were not about flying jets but about fighting in the sky whilst flying, something that he could not do right now. 

"Alright. I will upgrade them later." He sighed and got up from his chair. 

It was very late at night, and the Manor was more silent than ever. Everyone was either already asleep or was in their rooms, working on their things, and most of the Maids had returned to their quarters as well. 

He walked into Rebecca's room first and found her peacefully asleep, hugging a life-sized teddy bear. Subconsciously, a smile crept on his face as he looked at her, and then he walked over to the side table and placed one of the books on Medicine there for her. 

Keith knew that she would love this present, even if she feigns some annoyance. He planted a kiss on her head and then left her room, walking down the hallways to the Multipurpose Room, which was right next to his bedroom.

"Hey," He smiled as he found his Shadow waiting for him inside, all dressed up in a training outfit, ready for their spar. 

"Master." Yingying bowed to him and then blushed a little when she found him locking the door and taking off his shoes and shirt.

Her expectant heart started racing as soon as she laid eyes on his bare skin. She hoped that they were not just going to spar tonight. She needed much more of him tonight. 

"Let's begin." He said after he reached the training ring and smiled at him. "If you manage to land even a single hit on me, I will fulfil your one wish." 

His devilish words only added fuel to the fire that was burning inside of her, and her light brown eyes turned sharper. 

Keith brightly smiled as his dear Shadow rushed at him like a hungry wild cat, looking quite sexy. 

Indeed, she was going to receive much more than just a spar tonight...

193