Chapter 11
329 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since the day that Li FangMing managed to coerce Qin YiJun to eat and come out of his room, the Emperor had once again sent an imperial edict to the Li household. The edict stated that Li SunXun’s seventh son, Li FangMing is to stay within the Imperial Palace to accompany the Crown Prince. In addition, Li FangMing was also conferred the title of XingLan Wang despite his age.

As for his residence, he was given his own palace within the Imperial Palace and the location was the closest to the Crown Prince’s own YueXing Palace. This news was being spread far and wide, and it made other officials and prominent families grow green with envy. It was clearly the case of: when one is enlightened, even his dogs and poultry will ascend to heaven.

The Li family’s reputation continued to rise within days and the day when Li FangMing has to leave the Li household finally came. These past few days, Li FangMing had been packing his belongings, especially the important ones. He had just placed the last of his belongings onto the silk clothes and wrapped his items up properly before he carried it.

He then looked around at the now empty room he had been staying for the past two years. Somehow, he felt sad. Although the first few years of his life were not a happy one, after meeting Qin YiJun his life had turned for the better. The treatment was a lot better but Li FangMing knew it was only because of the Emperor’s favour.

Li FangMing was lost in his thought when the door to his room slid open. “Ming-er? Are you done? General Wu is here to pick you up,” the one who came into the room was none other than his father, Li SunXun.

“En. Ming-er has just finished!” Li FangMing answered with a big smile on his face. “In the future, can Ming-er come home?” he asked as he looked up at Li SunXun.

“Of course! Our house will always open its gate for Ming-er!” Li SunXun took the bundle from Li FangMing before he picked his son up. “Now let’s go. We can’t have General Wu wait any longer, right? General Wu also said that His Highness, the Crown Prince is anxiously waiting for you. Do you still remember what father said once you stay in the palace?”

“I must not cause trouble? And I must always keep Yi—His Highness happy?” Li FangMing had almost slipped up and called Qin YiJun by his name. Luckily, he managed to correct himself. Li SunXun didn’t seem to catch it as he only nods his head in satisfaction.

When they arrived at the front gate, Li FangMing could see General Wu waiting with a few other Imperial Guards of the palace. This level of escort is usually reserved for royalties. Even the nobility women who were invited to enter the harem will not have this kind of escort. At most, it would only be a simple soldier who will act as guards during the escort. This shows how much importance the Emperor placed on Li FangMing. The rest of the Li families are also waiting to send Li FangMing off.

“Good day, HouYe,” General Wu saluted Li SunXun before turning to Li FangMing with a smile and bowed slightly. “WangYe, this general had been tasked to pick WangYe up. Once WangYe is ready, we can depart.”

Li FangMing was then placed on the ground while his bundle of items was handed to one of the guards. The young boy turned to face the rest of the family before giving them a bow. After all, they are still the people who took care of him. When he got up, Li FangMing gave them a smile. “Ming-er will come and visit whenever I can!”

After saying his goodbyes, Li FangMing finally left the Li household. Few others who lived nearby had also gone out to witness the event. Only when the carriage that Li FangMing rode disappear did they finally disperse. Once they are sure the escort won’t be returning, the Li family also went back into their house.

Once they are inside, few of those who were dissatisfied with the outcome finally speaks up.

“Just because the Emperor favoured him, that bastard dared to think this is his home…”

“That’s right! If it weren’t for his luck that father decided to bring him that day, then it could’ve been us!”

The two who spoke up was Li FangMing’s older brother, the first son and the fourth son of Li SunXun, born from his legal wife. They have been holding it in for two years and now Li FangMing is finally gone from their house, they felt liberated. Unfortunately, it didn’t last long because Li SunXun heard what they had said and got angry.

“You two better watch your tongue! The walls have ears and eyes, and the Emperor’s reach is far and wide! If he knew don’t think you will be let off!” Li SunXun reprimanded his two sons. “Go to the ancestral hall and kneel down and recite the scripture until dinner! Elder MoFan, I will trouble you to make sure these two rascals do their punishment.”

“Of course, now, come along children.”

The elder brought the two dissatisfied children earlier who now have the wronged expression. They couldn’t believe that their father would side with the bastard child over them. Their mother also has a look of discontent but did not voice it out. It was only when she is alone in her residence did she threw a tantrum.

“A joke! Both my life and marriage is a joke! I gave birth to two sons and the one who ends up being favoured is none other than that bastard child!” she hissed out. “He’s not even the son of a concubine and yet… Aaaah!!” she couldn’t help screaming out loud, feeling that if she held it in, it won’t be good for her heart.

The servants who waited outside was shocked by the sudden scream but knew the reason. If they were to enter now, won’t that only inviting trouble to themselves? May as well stay put and let their Madam calm down a little.

Meanwhile, the carriage that carried Li FangMing had finally entered the gate of the Imperial palace and is making its way to the inner court. Fortunately, because the envoy is being led by the well-known General Wu, their journey went smoothly.

“FangMing!!”

“Your Highness! Please slow down!!”

As soon as they entered the inner court, Li FangMing could hear Qin YiJun calling him out followed by a servant’s plea for the crown prince to slow down. It made Li FangMing stuck out his head on the small window of the carriage to look outside. Sure enough, he could see Qin YiJun running out to welcome him. With a wide smile, Li FangMing waved his hand towards the crown prince.

4