Chapter 9: Random Monster Transmutation Aretisite
526 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Beneath the sea of an unknown location that was far from earth, a massive structure shaped like a halo was submerged at least several hundred meters. The giant structure spun like a fan which created many ocean large currents around it.

The structure looks like it was made up of materials similar to the towers on earth. However, it was filled with shallow cracks everywhere. It was a mystery on how it did not break apart under the pressure of the sea.

Inside a blue-lit room, there were thousands of aretisites of different shape and size were floating around like the gravity had been turned off.

In the center of the room was giant aretisite in the shape of a sphere. It had seven spikes and each spike have a star on it. And of its surface of the aretisite, it seems like there were millions of worms crawling on it.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a person appeared as if he had teleported.

He wore a robe that covered his feet. He wore a hoodie that covered half of his pale face. The only thing that could be seen was his black lips.

He stood there staring at the sphere before he laid his palm upon it.

"For such a long time, someone had made it here... " From where he laid his palm, the outer surface of the aretisite revealed what was inside.

It was Lyden surrounded by a red liquid like diluted blood. Evermore, he looks good as dead. His limbs were ripped apart and crushed by the pressure of the water. There was nothing resembles Lyden beside half of his face.

"Your name is Lyden, am I right? Respond if you can here me."

The aretisite blinked twice with a red light.

"Good. I'm going to let you know now. You are already dead. Your body got ripped by the current and crushed under the pressure of the archaic sea."

When the aretisite heard this, it blinked rapidly like an anxious heartbeat.

"Calm down. I can give you your life back, but I have a request for you."

When the mysterious person said that, the aretisite stopped blinking and waited for what he had to say.

"I cannot tell you much because you would not understand many of it. Perhaps someday. However, I need you to get stronger first. I can temporarily give you a new body similar to your own, return you home, and give you an aretisite."

The aretisite blinked twice as if he was telling the mysterious man that he was excited about the news.

"Do not get excited about it yet. First, I cannot completely revive you. I have a 6-stars aretisite, Give In Give All, that can make a copy of your body and I will transfer your consciousness in it. Although, there is a downside. After three years, it will begin to break down and you will die then and there."

The aretisite blinked feebly.

"Do not worry, I have another aretisite I will you give. This is a 7-stars aretisite called Random Monster Transmutation that I fused from thousands of aretisites as well as bloodlines of hundreds of monsters over the thousands of years. Although it does have a great flaw. What you will turn into is something I do not even know, but whatever it is, it will be stronger than your former body."

The aretisite went silent when he heard about that aretisite.

"Either accept these or die without knowing nothing. These are the choices I can only give you. If you accept these, I will return you to your world. If not I will destroy this aretisite that contains you and you can die in peace. So what will it be?"

The aretisite did not respond immediately.

The man continued to wait as he laid his palmed on the aretisite. He waited patiently for it to blink or two.

The sphere aretisite blinked once.

Then it blinked once more.

"Good, I already peered into your memory before we talked so I have an idea on where your world is. I will also store the Random Monster Transumation aretisite inside the clone body of yours. If you ever activated, you will become a monster. If you do not use before your body decayed, or if you let it out without the intention to use it, it will destroy itself."

The aretisite blinked twice to convey to the man that it understood what he had said.

"Alright, by the time you wake up, you will be back home on earth. And since I already read your memories, I have an idea of how to get you back home. But remember, you will need to get stronger or else you cannot survive what I need you to do for me."

Lyden's consciousness began to fade.

"I will tell you about my request when you wake up."

Lyden could barely hear what he said until he fell into what seems like a long dream.

At the Willwalker's Orphanage, the children were having dinner once again without Lyden.

"It been 6 days and Lyden still has not returned from the tower." Tiff was worried about Lyden.

Ever since she heard the news about him being missing inside the tower, she could not concentrate at school or home. "I did not even know he was a hunter until recently."

"We are all shock like you. There should not be a reason for him to hide about being a hunter. If anything, we will all be proud of him." Joey responded.

Over the past couple of days, they waited for Lyden to return home, but he never did.

They first heard the news one day after by a soldier who was stationed at the tower, where Lyden went to, came to the orphanage.

He reported that the hunter, Lyden, could not be located even after hunters went in to investigate. He was presumed dead.

Tiff did not believe that he would die easily and ignored what she heard from the soldier. She told herself that he was out there somewhere and was unable to return home.

"Joey, can we become a hunter too? Maybe we can help find him." A tear fell onto her untouched soup.

Joey did not say anything. He knew why Tiff was so attached to Lyden. Tiff was a kind person and gets easily attached to people.

Evermore, Lyden once save her from taking her own life. Ever since then, she followed Lyden around.

Lyden did not realize how Tiff feels for him, or he chose not to, but Joey knew. He was always beside her, watching her as she cried or when she was happy.

Joey regretted that he was not there that day, none the less, he was grateful for Lyden that day.

Everybody at the orphanage had their problem. But even if they do not have parents, they had each other. They learned from one another, and care for one another like any real siblings.

When he heard the news, he wanted to rush to tower himself, but it would be pointless. He was not a hunter, nor did he have an aretisite.

"Tiff, we will find a way to become one. We will." Joey reassured the crying Tiff.

2