Chapter 12: Strutting Through the Weak
391 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lyden thought about the conversation he had just had with the mysterious man. After all, his life was still in danger in one way or another.

"To do the impossible... I do not understand... " This was something that Lyden could not find an answer to. After several minutes of thinking of it, he decided to ignore it for now.

Right now, he needed to find some clothes and contact someone from back home.

He climbed the cliff that was several meters with ease until he reached the top.

From afar, there was a tower that was in the middle of a small town. Even though it was at least four miles away, Lyden could see it as if he was up close.

From, there, at least twenty Asian men were standing around the tower. Besides them, there was no one else in the town. It seems that the resident might have abandoned it after the tower rose.

"Those must be hunters. Perhaps they can help me." Although the mysterious man said Aspecter, he decided to keep the word a secret. He would keep on using the term hunter to not attract the attention of other Aspecters.

Lyden strutted naked until he got into the town. The town seemed to be badly damaged as there was rubbles and broken down houses everywhere.

Regardless of the reason, he continued to make his way to the tower where the men were standing guard.

As he got nearer, he could hear them shouting something. However, he could not understand them.

"Is this Korean?" He said to himself. He watched Korean drama with his friends once and a while that he could make out a dozen words or so.

"Perhaps this is Korea then."

Many of the guards were holding guns except for a few.

They turned there head to see a butt-naked man walking like he was in his own home. All of them with guns pointed at him.

However, a buff Asian man walked in front of all of them with a big grin. He had a tattoo sleeve of an ocean on his right arm. He was one of the men who did not carry a gun.

Instead, he raised his pointing finger at him, and his finger turns black as night.

'I can see it. He is activating his aretisite. It is most likely long-range aretisite.' Lyden stood there casually as he looked at the man with the tattoo.

Lyden did not know where his own confidence had come from. If this was him before he entered the tower, he would most likely run away in fear.

In a matter of moments, a thin stream of fire shot out of his finger. It was not as fast as a bullet, but it was still fast enough that would make it hard to dodge for a normal human.

However, Lyden was not a normal human anymore.

The stream of fire was slow in Lyden's eyes. He could have easily dodged it but he stood there like a statue. He wanted to test his new body of his, a body made by a 6-stars aretisite.

He flexes all his muscle to prepare for the attack.

When it made contact with Lyden's torso, the small stream of fire grew big until it covered Lyden from head to toes.

The yelled of victory could be heard from the other side of Lyden. They were like children throwing rocks at animals and laughed about it when they hit the target.

However, Lyden stood there as if the fire was just clothes he could wear every day. It did not affect him at all.

"How cold this flame feel..." He can see trash he was stepping on burning. Yet, the flame feels like nothing more than a warm shower.

They all stopped cheering when they see him still standing. They all see the flame died, but not one burn mark on his body. Not even his hard was burned.

The hunter who fired at him stood there in shock.

Some men yelled towards his fellow mates to take him down in Korean.

Bullets came like rain towards him.

'I just wanted to talk to them, and yet they want to kill me.' Lyden felt a strange emotion he had never felt before.

He felt disrespected and wanted to teach him a hard lesson.

With his new profound body, he kicked off the ground and dashed towards the thug who first attacked him.

He closed the distance of one and a half miles in an instance. The rest of them did not even notice before it was too late.

He punched the man who attacked him first square in the chest. The man did not fly forward as Lyden expected. Instead, his right fist jabbed straight through the hunter's heart and out his back.

Lyden pulled his arms out of the now-dead man.

'I'm sure I held back and yet it felt like he was made of paper.'

The other Korean men turned pale in fear. By the time they turn their head around, the corpse flopped to the ground bleeding.

"AHHHHH! Hunter!" They shouted.

They aimed and shot at Lyden out of fear, however, it was for naught.

All it did was caused bruises on his skin.

The 2 other hunters, who did not attack, were smart enough to figure it out and instantly retreated to the tower.

Lyden ignored the two men running away and went after the gunners first.

Dozens of gunshots have already been fired and it was stinging Lyden.

With a ruthless vigor, he rushed towards the nearest one while avoiding as many bullets that he can.

The man shouted something that Lyden could not understand, however, Lyden did not stop.

-Crack

He grips the gunner's hand and crushes it along with his pistol he was holding.

"Ahhh! AHHHH!" The thug screamed in pain as he screams bloody murder. He kneeled in pain holding his crushed hand.

The others could hear the sounds of bones and metal being crushed at the same time causing to feel grateful that they were not him.

Lyden let go of him and scowled at the rest of them. The others lowered their gun and placed their arms up.

Ignoring the cry of the man beneath him, he walks to another man who was wearing a black tank top and blue jeans.

The man spoke like he was pleading for his life. Lyden did not care what he was saying nor did he understood.

"Do you mind donating your clothes?" Lyden pointed at his tank top and jeans.

The man understood what he wants and stripped right then and there, down to his underwear.

"Thanks" He replied with a smile. This made the now naked man scared.

Lyden then wore the clothes that the man 'donated' to him.

"Now, do any of you guys know English?" Lyden spoke loudly. Despite his question, he had no response.

He slammed his foot on the ground causing a tremor. "I will ask again. Do any of you guys speak English?" This time he heard a response after a couple of seconds.

"Y-Yes I do." A weak feeble voice said.

He was a middle-aged man with lots of tattoo around his body.

"Ok, good, now answer my question. First, what's your name? Second, where am I?" Lyden kept his dominating domineer to prevent the others from acting up.

"I-I am Sim Chul-Soo. You're on Jeju island which is the province of South Korea. Please do not kill us, we were just following orders." Sim Chul-Soo stuttered with a heavy accent. He felt shaken up by the whole ordeal.

Lyden had guessed right. That mysterious man had sent him to South Korea, which was the other side of the planet from where his home was. Much less, an island. He felt a headache coming.

"What are you guys trying in there?" He was curious about why they were guarding the tower. And also what happened to the civilians who lived here.

Lyden recalled that the hunters in South Korea had a system that was different from the U.S.

The U.S. had a system that the government were the only one who could hire and recruit hunters. It was essentially controlled by one power but scattered all over America.

Instead, South Korea have guilds that can be created by private citizens. Guilds can recruit hunters to join their forces and the South Korean government does not have the authority to command the guilds. They were more like private companies.

"You guys do not look like any guilds in Korea. You guys are more like a mafia." He commented out.

Sim Chul-Soo hesitated to reply. Lyden was scarier than any other hunters he had met so far.

"Tell me what is going on with this town, the tower, and your gang." Lyden was curious about what was happening.

3