Chapter 14: Baited
316 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lyden, who was staring at the edge of the cliff, was fixated at the tower within the sea.

Ba-dump-

Ba-dump-

His heart was aching and pounding loudly.

The Random Monster Transmutation aretisite reacts inside his heart was reacting to the tower. It was squirming around and slightly tighten itself around the heart like it was excited about something.

'Impossible… Something impossible of me to do have appeared in less in a day.' Lyden was breaking in a cold sweat.

His body wanted to retreat, but it felt like the aretisite was tugging him to go in there. It was squeezing onto his heart to tell him to go there.

However, Lyden did not move a step forward.

"Let's go." Lyden turned his back and walked away.

"Ok?" Sim Chul-Soo did not understand what happened. He saw Lyden showing a painful look, but that was it.

He thought it might be something he had said. However, he kept silent and followed him.

Lyden's heart still felt the pressure from his aretisite. It did not fade away, and he could not ignore it.

'Even with this body this strong, there is something that exists that I cannot do.' Lyden thought.

"Sim Chul-Soo, that gang, Huin Dong-Gali, where exactly are they?"

"10 miles from here, they occupied a town there. The town with the red boulder in the middle of it. May I ask why you are going there?"

"I am going to help y'all out for a bit. Also, ask your men to gather any information regarding the tower in the sea as soon as possible." Lyden said with a scary expression.

"Yes, Mister Lyden." Sim Chul-Soo shouted as he bowed before Lyden. He did not want to anger him like before.

'I need to prepare myself. I need to gather more aretisites in case I need to go inside that tower.' He was planning on extorting the Huin Dong-Gali for some aretisite. He also did not want to let Sim Chul-Soo that he was going to hunt down the hunters for his own personal gain.

"I'm going to head out now. You go head back alone." Lyden did not need a guide since he could run there. Also, his eyes could see further than anybody so it will be easy for him to find it.

Lyden pressed his foot on the ground and pushed it which causes strong turbulence in front of Sim Chul-Soo.

"Finally, he left." Sim Chul-Soo felt great pressure from being next to him. "I should warn the boss to not go against him." He ran back when he could not see Lyden in the distance anymore.

With one pushed with his own feet, Lyden propelled himself several meters into the air with great speed. He did this continuously throughout his short trip.

He was like a bouncing bullet.

After half an hour, he found a town that Sim Chul-Soo was talking about.

Lyden could see that it was not deserted and people were wandering around everywhere.

However, it was not a peaceful place to live. Robberies were happening, homeless people begging for food, and dead bodies lying on the floor.

It reminded Lyden of his orphanage and the young children living there. A few of them had a rough past, but Lyden did not blame them for their action. They were not born criminal, they were just doing what they had to do to survive.

"Now is not the time to be sentimental. I cannot let me feeling get in the way now..." He needed to remind himself about his goal. If he let his empathy get in the way, he will regret it in the future.

If he could not feed the aretisite that resides in his heart, he will not be able to return home, or at least, not in human form.

He wanted to go back home as a human and talk to all his brothers and sisters again before he becomes a monster or died along the way.

The sun had set and the moon rose to witness tonight event.

Lyden was near the town. He stopped just outside the town where no one else could see him.

'It is best to be discreet about this. I do not want them to run away before I get the chance to meet with their boss. The boss of Huin Dong-Gali must be in equal term or more powerful than the boss of Hwangsaechi. It would be nice to have his aretisite. If anything, I can trade it for something that suits me.'

He stepped into the dimly lit town where the air was eerie with a stench of rot.

Lyden scouted the area, but he did see anybody that had a tattoo or look like someone that belonged to a gang.

Instead, he had homeless people tailing from behind.

'At least four people. Maybe one of them can help find the Huin Dong-Gali,' Lyden could hear the footsteps of them.

Their footsteps were light because they had done this many times over.

Despite trying to be careful as possible, they could not escape Lyden unnaturally good hearing.

'Let's play for a bit then.' Lyden smirked.

Lyden took off running at normal human speed so they could at least chase after him.

The four people stalking him must have guessed that their target had noticed their presence.

Soon after, they began chasing him down.

As they went after Lyden, they knocked over many things which caused a ruckus. The noise alerted many more people.

'Good, a little bit more and that should get there attention.' Lyden thought as he casually ran away.

It was not before long until Lyden was surrounded by at least fifteen people. Lyden stopped running and stood there without a hint of fear.

They said something in Korean, but Lyden did not understand. But if he had to guess, they were probably saying along the line of robbing and killing him. Maybe something even racist about him.

'Now where are they?' He attracted enough people that there should be at least one member of the Hoin Dong-Gali nearby.

Lyden's eyes could see well in the dark and to his fortune, he spotted two men with tattoos who looks likes gangster.

'My lucky day. They are also hunters,' He could see the sigil with stars on their body. One was a 2-star hunter and another was a 1-star hunter.

Without warning, five ragged men out of the group charged at him with weapons on hands.

Lyden violently stomped the ground that caused a tremor. The tremor quickly knocked the men off their feet.

"Know who is your target is before you attack them in your next life..." Lyden moved through the dark with a speed that could not be easily followed in the dark. The only thing they could see was the trail of silver moonlights reflecting off of Lyden's eyes.

Lyden swiftly kicked the five men who fell on the ground. Their body blew up into pieces as if a cannon had shot at them point-blank.

Blood splattered everywhere and got all over on Lyden's body and the surrounding area.

'Shit, I tried to hold back, but I cannot control it… My emotion is unstable right now.' He once again reflected on his mistake. He needed to control his strength and his emotions before he really regrets it.

It seems that this new body of his trigger some emotional response he never felt before when he gets heated.

The two hunters saw Lyden's murderous eyes like he was the devil. They felt like the devil was closely itching at them as Lyden looks towards their direction.

They fled for life pushing through other people.

"They will not escape," Lyden said in a menacing voice.

The men, who now regretted chasing after Lyden, felt the air turn cold.

Lyden strutted casually towards the direction of the hunter before he took off with great speed.

2