Chapter 17: Puppet Type Aretisite
251 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After taking the attack from the blonde-haired man once gain, Lyden was losing beginning to lose patience.

Lyden got up and dusted himself off. His clothes were already torn all over the place that he needed to get a new one.

"It was a good thing I came here before entering that sea tower. I'll be dead many times over for being careless." Lyden slowly understood himself and the power of aretisites that they have to offer.

Aretisite were too illogical compared to reality. Without experience, Lyden would die without knowing why someday.

Even though his body was strong in terms of raw physical strength, it can easily be nullified.

'My strength is useless unless I'm on the ground. Since I can't freely control the way I move mid-air, my attack and speed will suffer... It was good that I held back so I can learn from experience.' Lyden thought.

Lyden knew now that by grounding his feet firmly to do the ground, then he can bring out his strength.

Without a firm footing, it was like a missile without speed. Even with all that strength inside Lyden's body, without speed, it was not as effective.

However, Lyden attacks were not something an average person could take on regardless.

Coming out of the boss's den, Park Rim headed towards Lyden with a fearless expression.

"I think that was the 1-star hunter I was tailing." Lyden was vigilante towards other hunters now. He wanted to overcome his arrogance as soon as possible now that he knew his weakness.

Park Rim stopped 100 meters in front of Lyden.

"Lyden, right? What happened to my brother, Park Yoon-Jae?" Park Rim uttered with anger.

"He is dead. I killed him." Lyden said bluntly.

"I, Park Rim, will avenge him here by killing you!" He shouted that everybody in the town could hear it. He was shaking with anger as he stared at the man before him.

With a wave of his hand, he threw out his small aretisite, Drill Worm, onto the ground. The Drill Worm started to grow until it was the size of a dog and long as a python.

The white worm had a drill for its head that was screeching as it spins.

Lyden slightly widened his eyes. He never saw such a type of aretisite.

"That a puppet type aretisite. It is rare for a 1-star aretisite to be such a type." Black-hair man said out loud.

"Why is that?" The blond-hair man questioned.

"I do not know if you know this, but the most common type for a 1-star aretisite is the armament type. They turn into weapon or armor depending on each aretisite. Unlike armament type, a puppet type aretisite is very valuable that could be rival 2-star aretisite. Because puppet type aretisite does not need to rely on their host strength, they are more flexible than many of the 2-star aretisites. You should know by now that your aretisite is not as flexible in terms of distance. And my aretisite lose its strength if I distributed its evenly throughout my body."

The blonde-haired man nodded. "I understand, the higher the stars on an aretisite, the more flexibility of its skill as well as power."

"And for a puppet type, they are more flexible. Along with its unique skill, it has strength beyond its host and can attack its opponent from afar. The only downside is that if the aretisite died outside, then the hunter using it is defenseless."

The two stopped speaking and carefully watched the battle that was going to occur any second now.

Yang Seung-Joo, who was laying down on the couch, was still trying to assimilate with the aretisites. But, he could hear everything that was going on.

With great agility, the Drill Worm dug deep into the ground to avoid Lyden's careful watch.

Lyden tried to see where will it appeared, but nothing came out of it.

Instead of wasting his time on the Drill Worm, he tried to attack Park Rim directly. "How are you going to protect yourself if you don't have your aretisite?" Lyden lightly kicked the ground enough to propel himself forward to Park Rim, but the floor beneath began cracking instead.

"You should worry about yourself," By the time Park Rim said that Lyden felt his footing wavering and then the ground collapse under his feet.

'Tsk, he already caught onto my weakness?' He admired Park Rim for his quick decision that left Lyden off guard.

Lyden was falling without anything to grab on.

'It already did such damage to the ground? How fast is this worm?'

Charging him at the left side through the soil, the Drill Worm drilled at Lyden's left side.

Its drill was rotating at such a speed that it was piercing Lyden's skin, although, barely.

Park Rim was nervous going against Lyden.

'Not only he has high strength, but I cannot even piercing through his skin. How monstrous is this guy?' Park Rim was able to see what was happening through his aretisite like it was his own eyes.

'No, I do not need to kill him. I just need to buy time.' Park Rim was drenched in sweat. It was because controlling the aretisite took a lot of stamina out of him.

When the Drill Worm was not able to pierce through his skin, Park Rim commanded it dive into the wall inside the hole to escape.

'I will bury him here.' Park Rim quickly thought of a way to stall for time.

Lyden already landed onto the floor of the hole, but he was not able to grab the Drill Worm when he attacked him.

Just about when he was going to leap out, the wall shook violently.

In a matter of seconds, the wall of hard soil collapsed and buried him.

'That should be enough time for Yang Seung-Joo to finish assimilating with those two aretisites.'

On the couch, Yang Seung-Joo opened his eyes and pulled himself up.

"Ahahaha, I finish. Now I have two more aretisites inside me." Yang Seung-Joo rejoiced. He finished assimilating his aretisites and could feel the rush of ecstasy from it.

"That is great, and now you can fin-"

But before the black-hair man could finish speaking, Yang Seung-Joo pierced his neck with his muscular finger.

He already activated Muscle's Muscle aretisite and directed to his fingers the moment he finished assimilating both of them.

Seeing this, the blonde-haired look at Yang Seung-Joo with anger and regret.

"You?! You planned on killing us this whole time." The blonde-hair man said as he watches his friend bleed to death.

Yang Seung-Joo replied with a jab towards his heart.

"Ahh, this aretisite feels great. I feel like I have the strength of a bodybuilder in one finger." Yang Seung-Joo could not wait to test his new aretisites against someone.

"Now where is that kid, Park Rim? He has a rare aretisite. I want it." Yang Seung-Joo heard everything about Park Rim aretisite from the two men.

He stepped outside where the fight between Lyden and Park Rim was held.

"Where is Park Rim? It seems like he ran away." He looked around but found nothing. "And it seems that he buried that guy before he left. Whatever now I can go to the tower where the Hwangsaechi is in and take over that tower."

Underneath where Lyden was buried, a small tremor shook the ground above. Then it grew larger and larger until the ground exploded like a volcano made of dirt and rock.

1