Chapter 19: Failure and Blacked Out
224 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Under the full moon, Lyden and Yang Seung-Joo were in the middle of the demolished town.

One was crying in pain as he begged the young man to stop.

Lyden lets go of his hand that was covering Yang Seung-Joo's mouth, but he was still gripping Yang Seung-Joo's crushed arm.

"I'll tell you… please let me go… it hurt so much" Yang Seung-Joo pleaded with tears in his eyes and nose.

'How pathetic. You hurt so many more people, yet you plead for mercy...' Lyden thought with scrutiny. He knew that he stole his aretisite from his own members.

That was because he saw the dead body of the two from before.

Nonetheless, he let him go, and Yang Seung-Joo flopped onto the ground.

Yang Seung-Joo did not think of attacking him this time. He feared him more than he feared his father. Lyden reminded him of an old folklore, the Juju-Ra, the one who wear the skin of humans but with the strength and cruelty of a demon.

"Hurry up and tell me or else I crush your other hand." Lyden did not want to give him a breather to instill fear within him.

"I will give it to you..." With Yang Seung-Joo intact hand, he willed his two aretisites to come out of his palm. One was a small octopus with a nose like an elephant's trunk, and the other was a red snake with hundreds of tails, which were very thin like fish wires.

"These are the… Octogust and Muscle's muscles aretisite..." Yang Seung-Joo was barely able to speak due to the pain. "I will now break the link between us..."

As soon as he does, the two aretisites oozed out something gray from their small body. Then it turned into something hard like a shiny fossil.

"Once the hunter break their link with their aretisite… It will become a fossil that allowed someone else to assimilate it."

Lyden was surprised to hear this. He knew that forcefully taking someone aretisite was impossible. He had first-hand experience with Park Rim's brother, Park Yoon-Jae. When he died, the aretisite died along with him.

Lyden picked up the two aretisite on Yang Seung-Joo's palm.

He felt the two fossils were somewhat fragile. He can feel that if he wanted to, he could make a connection with them.

"Will you let… me live? I gave you what you wanted..." Yang Seung-Joo said, hopefully.

5 seconds…

10 seconds…

15 seconds had passed.

He waited for Lyden to respond, but it felt like forever. He could not do anything else but kneel before Lyden in fear.

"Alright, I will let you off the hook this time, but if I see you again, I will make sure you regret it." With that said, Lyden walked away into the quiet night.

Yang Seung-Joo slowly fainted after Lyden disappeared from his sight. He was mentally exhausted.

However, instead of leaving Yang Seung-Joo alone, Lyden watched him from afar.

He sat on the roof of a warehouse, which was a couple of miles away.

"It seems that Park Rim survived. He has been hiding this whole time..." When Lyden was talking to Yang Seung-Joo. He heard the sound of a drill whirling and believed that it was Park Rim aretisite, Drill Worm.

However, the sound vanished after a few seconds. Hence, he could not pinpoint precisely where Park Rim was at.

'I do not know why I need to be wary of him, but Random Monster Transmutation reacted to Park Rim, but very slightly.' The aretisite squeezed his heart after Park Rim seeing him the second time, but ever so slightly.

Nonetheless, the aretisite deemed that he will be a significant threat to him in the future.

'It is best to take care of the problem now... I can't have Park Rim live if he is going to come after me in the future.'

Although Park Rim could help feed the Random Monster Transmutation aretisite in future, there was already one tower that exists that could fulfill its requirements.

Also, a moving human was more of a threat than a stationary tower.

"I left Yang Seung-Joo alive because it seems that Park Rim held a grudge against Yang Seung-Joo. I'm sure he will meet up with him when it deems safe." Lyden said with confidence.

After an half-an-hour of waiting patiently, Lyden had not seen anybody walking towards the unconscious Yang Seung-Joo.

"Perhaps I was wrong..." Lyden pondered on what to do next but decided to wait a little bit longer.

As he waited, he caressed the two aretisites he obtained from Yang Seung-Joo between his fingers. "I guess I can start assimilating with these aretisites now." He was curious about the process. When he first became a hunter, he did not have to do anything to it. The aretisite just appeared inside of him.

Now, he had to put effort to obtain one.

Sitting with his legs crossed, he created a connection between himself and the 2-star aretisite, Muscle's Muscle.

When he does, he could feel thin string like that of a violin.

When he plucked it once, the aretisite and his body vibrated like they were resonating with one another.

He began to pluck the string multiple times.

It was simple at first, but something happened when he plucked the string the 14th time.

The string broke, and he felt a jolt of pain throughout his body.

"What the-!"

Before Lyden could cut the connection, he blackout, thus, he dropped the two aretisite in the fossil states onto the ground.

It happened so quickly that Lyden was not able to react to it.

In the middle of the town where Lyden left Yang Seung-Joo, the unconscious Yang Seung-Joo showed signed of waking up.

Yang Seung-Joo intact hand began twitching. His eyes were slowly opening, and his mind was foggy.

He had been through mental stress that he never experience, which caused him to faint.

He quickly recalled Lyden because of the pain in his other hand. His face turned red with fury. Since Lyden was not here, he did not have to cower to him anymore.

"I will kill that white bastard. That fucking bitch." Yang Seung-Joo said as he gnashed his teeth. "I will get my father to hunt that guy down."

Yang Seung-Joo does not want to forget this moment without paying Lyden back. His pride as boss of the Huin Dong-Gali would not let him. If the other knew that he got beaten and crippled, he would be a dead man.

He made lots of enemies over the years and showing a sign of weakness was costly to him.

Suddenly, Yang Seung-Joo heard footsteps.

'Is that guy back? Dammit, did he hear what I just said?' He was breaking out in cold sweat. The footsteps were coming from behind until it stopped when it got close.

2