Chapter 32: Phantom Wolf Pike Aretisite
256 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lyden could not refine the Between Eerie all at once, so he was refining it five at a time. Seeing the five threads, he tried to figure out a way to make them into one. With the help of his Random Monster Transmutation aretisite, he was able to fuse the five thread into one after some time.

Unlike before, where the first fossilized aretisite appeared in his hand, this newly refined aretisite was already assimilated to him. The Between Eerie looked the same, but now it had two stars on its crown.

Also unbeknownst to him, another star appeared on his chest.

When Lyden activated the 2-star Between Eerie, not only the force was slightly larger, there was also a hint of blue and black speckles glimmering throughout the invisible force.

"What are these things?" Lyden willed the force towards his cheek so he can feel it. The speckles felt slightly cold on touch, but other than that, there was nothing much to it.

Lyden ignored it for now and continued to refine the rest of it.

Refining took longer than trying to assimilate with an aretisite since he had to control the threads with precision or else he felt like he could fail.

It took him a quarter of a day to refine seventy-five 1-star Between Eerie. Compared to Ku Sang though, Lyden refinement speed was at an incredible pace since he can do it perfectly after one success.

He still had some 1-star Between Eerie to refine, but he decided to do it later since he was eager to test his newly refined aretisite.

To test it, Lyden only activated the 2-star Between Eerie.

With fifteen 2-star Between Eerie all activated at once, the telekinesis force enveloped from his toes to his neck. The force was not invisible anymore. Instead, it looked like a black aura with blue light glimmering throughout.

He tried to sit up, but it came with great difficulty. He stumbled around like a puppet with broken strings. It was still now easy to control the force wrapped around him.

With his back against the floor, he felt pride and accomplishment for getting this far with his crippled body. He stared at the place he laid in what it seemed like forever.

'I'm not done yet. I can now assimilate with more of the fossilized Between Eerie since I cleared up a lot of them. Then once I finished refining them all to 2-star, I will try to refine the Between Eerie to 3-star. After that, there is one more kind of aretisite I have not yet touch.' Lyden thought out his plan.

After two days without sleep, he completed his goal except refining the 3-star Between Eerie.

He refined at least almost two hundreds 1-star, and now he had forty-five 2-star Between Eerie. He abandoned the plan to refine the 3-star Between Eerie because of how much 2-star Between Eerie it would cost. He needed to refine twenty-five of them to make one.

Now with all of the 2-star Between Eerie, he activated all of it to enveloped his entire body. The black aura surrounded his whole body with blue lights shimmering. It looked like he was wearing a tight suit that looked like the starry night sky.

There was enough Between Eerie that Lyden used what he had left to create his arms.

On the face of the suit, two densely packed blue speckles formed where his eyes were at that could bring a chill down his enemy's spine.

"This feel like an exoskeleton. Although it is a bit hard to move with, once I practice more, I can move like how I used to. Although it seems impossible to bring out the strength of my cloned body."

Lyden tried crushing a rock within his newly formed arm, but only a small crack appeared. Since it does not use muscle, it entirely relied on the telekinesis force to do so. However, it was a tad stronger than an average human.

"Alright the last thing to do is to assimilate with the rest of the fossilized aretisites," Lyden closed his eyes to see only two colors. The pink one and the red-violet one. He ignored the pink one for now since it had no use to him yet.

After assimilating with one of the fossilized aretisite, the thread merged with his skin revealing a wolf with a fish-like-body aretisite. It was a 1-star aretisite called Phantom Wolf Pike.

Luckily for him, this one assimilated above his neck that made it look like he was wearing a black thin fish wire.

He immediately activated it, and the black tattoo around his neck flew out into the open.

Because of the blue light coming off of him, Lyden was able to see what was happening.

There on the ground, a pure black spear appeared.

It was one of the most common types of aretisite, the armament aretisite.

He picked it up with his hand, and it felt very light like a feather. It frowned seeing how light it was.

The room had been cramped, but now there was enough space since Lyden assimilated many of the fossilized aretisite.

He was able to stand straight up with and even have enough space to point his spear upward. He started swinging it a couple of times to test it out.

"Yep, there is nothing special about this aretisite. I will try to refine it to see what it can do." Thus, Lyden started the process of refining all over again. This time, there were so many of the Phantom Wolf Pike aretisite that it was taking a considerable amount of time.

He refined till he had two hundred 2-star Phantom Wolf Pike and still have some 1-star left over. He continued until he refined all the 1-star. In the end, he now had three hundred 2-star Phantom Wolf Pike. The black tattoo on his neck became wider that it now looks like a collar.

Lyden tested it one of his 2-star Phantom Wolf Pike. This time it occasionally emitted a howl every time he swung his spear. He was not sure what does it do, but he started his next goal nonetheless.

Without regret, he refined 300 of them into 3-star. It took him forty-eight hours to refine the first one, but after that, he only needed a day.

In the end, he was able to create 12 of them, each costing twenty-five 2-stars.

Lastly, Lyden assimilated with all rest of the aretisites in the cave and was prepared to leave. "Alright, that should be everything. It is time to face those Blood Nosehound once again..." Lyden, who was covered in the black aura, steeled himself and climbed out of the hole where he fell from. It was easy for him since he can make his arms into any shape he desired.

With small spikes coming out of his arm, he made to the top where the temperature drastically changed. Although it was not as intense as before thanks to the extra protection from his Between Eerie.

3