Chapter 5 – Chance encounter
15.3k 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

How should one react in a situation when one is caught bad-mouthing another?

Chen Ruo Yu did not have the experience.  She stiffened and bravely said. "Mr. Li said he can see that Dr. Meng has achieved professional success and has a promising career."

"He has such good acumen, I'm falling in love with him."  Meng Gu went over to Li Jian's side and sat down.  Chen Ruo Yu really wanted to stroke her forehead*. (Expressing a helpless and distressed feeling)

Revenge……he is absolutely here to take revenge!

"My friend has left and I'm feeling lonely."  Meng Gu smiled at Li Jian.  His smile made Li Jian feel fear rising in his heart.

Does this mean he wants to start something with him?  But he is not into this!

Li Jian stared at Chen Ruo Yu and visually pleaded for her help.

But Chen Ruo Yu herself was also a guilty party and she did not even dare to fart.

Meng Gu stared at Li Jian and continued to smile.  His hands started to stroke Li Jian's thigh.  "How shall I address Mr. Li?"

"Li……Li Jian."

"Ah Jian…..ah….."  Meng Gu dragged on his last word which made Chen Ruo Yu's heart trembled.  He called him 'Ah Jian……'   Does he have to be so cheap?!

(Li Jian - the word 'Jian' means healthy and has the same pinyin as the word 'Cheap'.  This is word-play.  The Chinese characters of the two words are different.)

"Ah Jian……ah.  What is your opinion of relationships between men?" 

Goosebumps rose all over Li Jian and he did not care to respond.  He quickly removed his legs away from Meng Gu.  Meng Gu did not move towards him instead he put his hand gently on Li Jian's shoulder. "You don’t have to be shy.  As doctors, we have seen a lot and we are very broad-minded."

Chen Ruo Yu really could not stand it any longer and said.  "Dr. Meng….."

Just as she opened her mouth, he glared at her.  She quickly shrank and shut her mouth.

"Ah Jian, is it because you have little experience, so your curiosity is great?"  What do these words mean?  Li Jian shook his head desperately.  He is not curious at all and he does not need to have this type of experience.

"Since you are not curious, then it must be your morality that is not good.  Otherwise, how can you speak proudly without thinking, make reckless guesses, tarnish another person's character and start a slanderous rumor?  Other people's sexual orientation, who they are with and what they do……..what has it got to do with you?!  If you feel empty, bored, lonely and unsettled, you can hide in your home and spend your time watching romance and action movies instead of coming out and have obscene thoughts of strangers.  This will have a negative impact on social security. Even if you intend to come out and harm someone, you should take a look at yourself first in the mirror at home.  You must prep yourself before you come out to meet people. Look at your dressing and the oil on your hair, it's so tasteless.  Not to mention, with the face of a man approaching 40-plus and also sprouting acne.   Coming for a blind date with this type of look, don't you think you are letting down this society?"

That long speech was spoken in one breath without deep thought or preparation.  His voice tone had done a 180 degree turn from the tone he had used when he initially sat down which stunned Li Jian.

Chen Ruo Yu blushed and felt his words hit her like a slap on her face.

But the one that was injured the most was still Li Jian.  He said.  'You, you……' for a long time and still he could not spit out any words.  In front of Chen Ruo Yu, he could not fly into a rage due to this humiliation.  The most important point is that after getting angry, he is not confident he will be a worthy opponent of Dr. Meng.  When he saw Dr. Meng calm and full of confidence, he knew he was being suppressed. 

"Ah Jian, do you think I am wrong?  Where am I wrong?  If you have any opinion you can speak up.  We can discuss this, even if we go deeper, it's alright.  I don’t mind."

That evil hand started to touch his thigh again.

Suddenly Mr. Li Jian jumped up and quickly left without any formalities.  He did not even have time to say goodbye to Chen Ruo Yu and ran off. 

Chen Ruo Yu watched blankly as he left and did not know what response she should give.

After Li Jian left, Meng Gu turned around to face Chen Ruo Yu.  She straightened her back and knew he was going to deal with her next.

"I came back to tell you that this weekend Yin Ze will be having a dinner party.  A few friends will be having a gathering.  Initially, I had wanted to invite you.  However, since you are a person who fabricates rumors and slander about your friends behind their backs, I think it is best you do not attend."

She stared blankly and her face was burning hot.

"Gao Yu Lan should also be calling you to invite you.  I hope you will reject.  Think of a reason for rejecting her and don’t let it look bad on everyone.  What do you say?"  There was no intonation in Meng Gu's words but for Chen Ruo Yu, his words were severe.

She knows he is angry.

After Meng Gu had finished speaking, he left.

Chen Ruo Yu sat in the same place and felt extremely embarrassed.

She was not this type of person but why did she say this type of words?  And she was caught red-handed by him which made her unable to argue.  In his heart, she is someone who gossips, start rumors and create trouble.  She felt very depressed.

Chen Ruo Yu sat there distractedly for a long time, then paid the bill and like a wandering soul, she wandered on the streets.  She did not flag down a taxi nor ride on a bus.  She was so engrossed in her thoughts, she did not know where she had wandered off.  Her tired legs hurt a little and then droplets of water fell on her face.  She raised her head, looked up and found it was raining.

She sighed.  She is one unlucky girl.  Just as she was about to look for a bus stop nearby to figure out how to go home, the rain suddenly poured.  She put up her hands to shield her head and quickly ran to the entrance of a convenience store.  When she reached the eaves, she saw the door of the convenience store opened and a man came out holding a big shopping bag.  While he spoke on his phone, he pushed the door opened.  "I bought it, I bought it.  The things you all wanted, squid strips, beef jerky, potato chips, beer, dried beans……what?  Do you also want spicy soup?  Damn you!  Playing mahjong, you still have so many requests.  Do you know it is raining now?  Eat whatever there is and don’t make a fuss, you scum……"

As the man spoke, he turned his head and met the eyes of Chen Ruo Yu.

Excellent, it is him again!

Dr. Meng Gu.

In life, there will always be chance encounters and it is good to meet someone but why must it be him?

Chen Ruo Yu felt sick in her heart.  Why did she have a chance encounter with someone she already met?  If it was not him, it would have been so nice.

Her brain was in a mess and under Meng Gu's surprised gaze, she turned around and silently rushed out into the rain.  It was better to be drenched than be humiliated.

He will not think she is following him, right?

He will not think she has ill-intentions towards him, right?

He will not think she still cares for him, right?

Chen Ruo Yu rushed forward in the heavy rain and just then a bus arrived.  She did not care where the bus was going and as soon as the door opened, she ran up.  In the end, she sat down at the tail end of the bus in embarrassment.

After she had sat down, subconsciously she turned around to look for Meng Gu's figure.  He got into a car parked on the roadside.  She recognized that the car belongs to him. 

She turned around, leaned back on the seat and let out a sigh.  The two of them, she was riding on a public bus and he was driving a private car which confirmed the fact, they were from two different worlds.

Wait a minute, the important point is not how she got entangled now.  The important point is he is the villain who had bad-mouthed her behind her back.  But now she had actually become a villain in his heart.  This is truly two worlds.

They despised each other and there would be no more interaction.

This is the result.

Chen Ruo Yu was unlucky to get on the wrong bus and eventually had to change three buses before she finally reached home in the rain.

Liang Sisi waited for her in the house and was very excited to know the results of her blind-date.  "How was it?  Is it correct that your blind-date partner is not up to your taste?"

She nodded.

"Is there anyone that you unexpectedly encountered who made your heart jump excitedly?"

She nodded again.  How could it jump excitedly?  It nearly jumped to death!

"Wow!  Just as I had said, it is so accurate.  Then, then, it was also raining.  Is there any more romantic happenings?"

Chen Ruo Yu turned her head around and with her long hair still dripping water, she quietly said.  "Sisi, ah……  This chance encounter if it is good, it is called romance but if it is bad, it is called a nightmare."

This nightmare is too damaging for her health.  She is going to take a shower then go to bed to change her dream.

And she really did dream.

In her dream, Meng Gu was wearing a smart white coat and gently said to her.  "I'm sorry.  I shouldn't have said to my nurses that you're not good.  It is all because of my bad mouth, will you forgive please?"

Ah…..this is shocking!  He actually apologized to her!

What is even more shocking was she responded shamelessly and said.  "It doesn't matter, I don’t mind."

No, no, no…....who said she doesn't mind?  Obviously, she minded very much and she was also very hurt.

But Meng Gu did not hear her shout in her heart and he continued to say gently.  "Since you don’t mind then shouldn't you also say something to me?'

What is she supposed to say?  She blinked her eyes and blushed.  So soon he wants her to tell him clearly that she likes him?

Wait a minute, does she like him?

Is he really waiting for her confession?

Confession?  What confession?  Obviously, both of them were not even together.

She was struggling with herself in her dream while she was having nonsensical thoughts.  Suddenly Meng Gu's face became ferocious and he began to roar.  "I had only said a few words of truth to you and I have apologized.  You and another stinky man had degraded and slandered me for being gay, don’t you think you should apologize to me properly a hundred times over?  When did you know I love men?  The number of girlfriends that I have had can queue up from the main entrance of the hospital up to the front door of your house.  Do you want to interview them and ask whether I really love men?  You better apologize to me otherwise this will never end!"

Suddenly Chen Ruo Yu opened her eyes and woke up.

Damn!  This is really a nightmare!

14