Chapter 8 – We are friends
14.7k 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Of course, she did not actually kick him.

And he looked like a normal doctor who was seriously doing his work, carefully teaching the junior doctors.  He was very patient with the sick and answered all their questions in detail.  He was humorous, witty and made the patients very happy.

Chen Ruo Yu did not speak throughout his routine inspection of the ward.  She felt that this man when he was seriously at work, he was really charming and not annoying at all.  And he did not cause her any trouble in front of others but only when he looked at her, he would reveal a kind of ambiguous expression.

No, she had used the wrong adjective again.  That is not ambiguous, this wretched man is disdainful of her.  Wrong, it should be said that she disdains him.

In short, Chen Ruo Yu as a patient and Meng Gu as a doctor did not have any problems with each other for the next two days.  The situation was so harmonious that Chen Ruo Yu suspected she had become stupid after being assaulted by the two wicked men and now she is having illusions.

But on the third day, Chen Ruo Yu finally confirmed that she had not become stupid.  She was still a normal person.

That day Chen Ruo Yu felt better and so dressed in the patient's clothes she went downstairs to sit in the garden and basked in the sunshine.  She was calculating the hospital expenses she had incurred and at the same time wondering whether she should go and ask if she could be discharged.  At this moment, the handsome man in his big white coat floated to her side and sat down beside her.

Chen Ruo Yu felt a bit uncomfortable and subconsciously moved aside.  She coughed twice and her mind became muddled.  At this time, Meng Gu started to speak.

"Chen Ruo Yu, I know what you are thinking."

What is she thinking?  She is not thinking of anything!

At most, she could only think that it would be so nice if she had not met this Mongolian doctor before.  Or perhaps, (she pondered)……after she leaves the hospital, she will pretend she does not know him.  Or else, (her thoughts churned)……this Mongolian doctor had behaved well for the last two days and now, does he want to give her some harsh words again?  This time she must control her mouth and must not embarrass herself.  Maybe, (she thought again)……why was it that when she was determined to stay far away from him, she would always end up meeting him?  Or else, (she pondered again)………

"Do you need me to inform Gao Yu Lan to come over and visit you?"

"Ah?"  Chen Ruo Yu was startled.  She was suddenly brought back to the present from her wandering thoughts.  "No, no."  Her hands and head shook at the same time.  "Don’t tell her."

After being assaulted and sent to the hospital, this type of thing it was better not to let others know.  It was also best not to let others know about her strange relationship with this Mongolian doctor.

"Chen Ruo You, in fact, you don’t understand me."

"What?'  Chen Ruo Yu suspected she had a concussion from the assault and therefore she has problems with her hearing and understanding, or else why is she unable to understand Meng Gu's words?

From knowing what she was thinking then jumping to Gao Yu Lan and then jumping to understanding him again.  In the middle of this, there is no transition and there is no link between the former and the latter.

Chen Ruo Yu raised her badly bruised arm and waved.  "Dr. Meng, please speak slowly."

Meng Gu grinned and smiled.  "That night, you held my hand and refused to let go."

She glared at him.  He is trying to toy with her again.

Meng Gu continued to smile.  "You told me a lot of things."

She was not able to sit still any longer.  "Goodbye, Dr. Meng."

Meng Gu caught hold of her sleeve, pulled her back and said.  "Chen Ruo Yu, I am a person who is straightforward and will tell the person directly in her face if I don’t like her or she is not pleasing to my eye."

This type of statement is a bit too gentle. He never told the person directly in her face.  He had directly made it embarrassing and disgraceful for her to back off and retreat.  This wretched man did not even know the meaning of good manners.

Chen Ruo Yu nodded.  "I had experienced that before."

"So, talking bad about people behind their backs is really not my style."

"Dr. Meng, you don’t have to be sarcastic to me again.  I know I was in the wrong the last time and I apologize to you."

"I don’t mean you."

It will be strange if you don’t mean me!  Chen Ruo Yu tilted her head to one side.

"I'm saying, originally there was a girl who seems to be interested in me.  Every three to five days, she will come to the hospital to look for me.  Even if she is not sick, she will still register to consult me.  She also invited me to join a friends' gathering together with her and sent me gifts of food.  But one day, she suddenly stopped coming and then I met her at the supermarket.  She had an expression as if I owed her 8 million dollars and ignored me."

Chen Ruo Yu was stunned.  This wretched man, he really did not even give her half a face.

"I had wondered.  Is this girl born with multiple personalities or does she have the tendency to like new things and disdain the old, falling out with me and became hostile?  Two days ago, I only learned that she had heard rumors and was hurt."

She gritted her teeth.  Since he had clearly and pointedly said so, she did not have to be polite anymore.

"Dr. Meng, you didn’t know.  The girl was blinded with lard*and didn’t understand the situation.  She did not know anything and created trouble.  Now she has regretted what she had done."

(Lard literarily means pork fat but here it means a person not sensitive to other things or aware of other things except for the feelings in her heart.)

Her expression made Meng Gu laughed out loud again.

She frowned.  What is so funny?

"Blinded by lard is a serious problem.  If she doesn’t take care of it, her eyes will be blinded.  This time, just seeking consultation in the psychiatric department is not enough.  She needs to seek treatment in the ophthalmology department as well.  This girl is really pitiful."

"Goodbye, Dr. Meng."

Dr. Meng laughed loudly and pulled Chen Ruo Yu again.

"Chen Ruo Yu, I have not talked to anyone about my evaluation of you.  Although my words are bold and straightforward with no holds barred, I don’t like to make irresponsible remarks about others behind their backs.  If there are any words I like to voice out, I will tell you directly straight in your face."

Suddenly Meng Gu became serious.  Chen Ruo Yu could not help but perked up her ears and listened carefully.

"I'm not suitable for you and you are also not serious about me.  Love at first sight is something that will not happen.  Moreover, in the first place, you didn’t even know whether you should pursue me or Lei Feng.  Lei Feng already has a fiancée and that is why you turn your attention to me.  So I don’t think your endless expression of good feelings for me has any significance.  Our life circle, personality, etc., doesn't really match but because you are a friend of Gao Yu Lan and I was not familiar with you at that time, so I thought it would be best to wait for you to understand the matter yourself.  Do you understand if I say it this way?"

Chen Ruo Yu nodded her head blankly.

Then Meng Gu continued.  "Suddenly when you did not come anymore, I thought it was because you had thought it out for yourself.  But that time, when I met you at the supermarket, you avoided me like you had met an enemy.  I felt the situation was a bit strange.  Later at the café when I heard you talking to your blind-date about me, I really felt very angry.  But looking at it now, I had also misunderstood you, too.  So, let's discard our past grudges and be friends."

Still friends?

She blinked and continued to nod her head.

Why is it now only that she realizes he can talk like a human being?  So it was she who had misunderstood him and after thinking badly about him, she had felt unhappy.

"Since we are now friends, I still have something to say to you."

What else is there to say?

She stared at Meng Gu.  Having a lot to say is not a good virtue of a man, right?  She silently picked out his thorn in her heart and it seems she felt better that way.

"Your motive is good but unfortunately it came from a pig-brain.  Do you think you are a female invincible King Kong?  Do you think you have such an ability to fight with people?  And it was with two men……..if you are really short of RMB3.50, do tell me."

Before she could even speak, he had started to scold her.

She blinked and was shocked with her mouth agape.  Where had the gentleman who had just talked to her gone to?

"Do you know that if you have not met a kind person who called the police to save you, you would have been worse off than this?  Have you thought of the consequences?  Does your customer really lack that money?  Do you need to put your life on the line?  You are only selling insurance, why are you selling your life?  There is the police, there is the court and the customer also has his own relatives and friends.  Are they useless?  Do you think they are all dead?"

"That…..that person who saved me, who is he?"  She was really negligent.  She had not really thanked him.

"Is this the important point?  Is this the important point after all I had told you?"  Meng Gu became more furious.

"You have told me a lot.  Who knows what the important point is?"  Once he is fierce towards her, she will feel angry.

"The point is that you are a stupid woman."

"What is wrong with being stupid?  What has it got to do with you?"  She became angry.

"You're so stupid that I feel sorry for you.  As a friend, if I don’t lead you back to the right path, I would feel very sorry."

"The times when you are sarcastic and scolding other people, why don’t you feel sorry?"

"If your inborn IQ is not sufficient, it can only be compensated with restraint.”  Meng Gu ignored her counterattack and continued to say.  "Before you do anything, you must first tell yourself not to be impulsive then only will there be hope in life."

Hope in life?   Just listen to him talk!

"Don’t think I want to control you.  If you are not my friend, I will not even be bothered about you."  Meng Gu continued to nag her for the next ten minutes.

He cared about her.  This realization made Chen Ruo Yu's heart beat erratically.

When a heart beats too fast, it can also kill.

Even if one is not dead, it could also make the person obtuse and lose the ability to speak.  So she did not refute and listened to his reprimand for ten minutes.  Finally, she was given a flick on her forehead by Dr. Meng.  "I'm patiently and sincerely giving you advice, reasoning with you and here you're giving me a dull expression."

Chen Ruo Yu continued with her dull expression then rubbed her forehead, turned around and walked off.  In the midst of her cursing, she suddenly realized something terrible.

She likes him. 

Horrors!

What kind of stupid woman would realize her own feelings while she was being scolded?

And it was after he had explicitly rejected her in her face then only she realized she likes him.

On one hand, he is the irresponsible, uncouth-mouthed, thick-skinned Mongolian doctor and on the other hand, he is the serious, big-hearted Dr. Meng.  He simply has a dual personality and she actually likes him?

After she had understood the gap between them and after he saw through her intention from her actions then only did she realize she actually likes him.

She is really sick!  So seriously sick!

She was filled with sadness and in her heart, she shouted out her misfortune.

When one's inborn IQ is insufficient, it can only be compensated with restraint.  In order to avoid further entanglement and she being unable to control herself, a careless mistake would cause an unclear implication.   So Chen Ruo Yu ran away.

Secretly and silently she left the hospital.

13