Chapter 11 – Appointment
13.8k 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That night, Chen Ruo Yu did not sleep well.

It was not only Meng Gu who had made her worried, but it was also her family that had made her worried.  She held on to her phone and had thought for the whole night but in the end, she did not dare to call home.  She told herself that she still had to face the problem presented by Meng Gu the next day.  It was not only the problem of not having the money to treat him a meal but also his attitude.  Why did he bother with her?  It would be so good if he did not bother.  She was confused, she did not know how to talk to her family.  She had no intention to do psychological building and therefore decided to take it easy.

She dreamt throughout the night and was in a daze.  In her dream, she was chased by her mother with a rolling pin.  Her mother hit her with the rolling pin and at the same time, she shouted.  "Don't you want face?  You even dare to tell this kind of lies, our old faces have been shamed by you.  You still have the face to come back home." 

Chen Ruo Yu ran like the wind, rustling through.  On both sides, there were a lot of trees and at a closer look, they were not trees but people.  She ignored them and she could not hear her mother's voice anymore.  When she looked back, her mother was gone.  She felt it was strange then suddenly she stumbled and fell down.  She had fallen on dog mud.  She spat out the mud from her mouth, turned around and saw it was Qi Na who had tripped her.  A fire ignited in her heart.  This shameless person dared to trip her.  She jumped up fiercely, pounced on Qi Na, pinned her to the ground and sat down on her.  Qi Na struggled and yelled.  She gave Qi Na two slaps on her face then grabbed some mud on the ground and stuffed it into her mouth.

She was stuffing and stuffing, then felt as if something was not right.  She opened wide her eyes and looked.  She found herself sitting on top of Meng Gu. She was not only sitting on him but she was also clutching his collar and all his clothes were stripped off.  She could vaguely see his strong chest.

Yi……his figure is not bad.

Chen Ruo Yu's face began to heat up and turned red.  She did not dare to look at his chest and shifted her eyes to his face.  She was startled when she found Meng Gu glaring fiercely at her.  She was so scared that she threw away the mud in her hands.  Before she could speak, a large group of women ran over.  "Chen Ruo Yu, you even dare to act like a rogue towards Dr. Meng......you are seeking death!"

This troop of people came towards her………raging and powerful!

Chen Ruo Yu was shocked.  Oh, Mother!  Looking at the number of people, it was really true they could queue from the main entrance of the hospital up to the door of her house. She quickly jumped up and ran off.  "I didn’t act like a rogue.  How could I act roguish towards a rogue?!"

Suddenly Qi Na appeared again.  This time, she was bright and beautiful like a humanoid and grinning.  "Ruo Yu, don’t overestimate yourself.  Even if you are willing to be a rogue, do you have a chance?  Do you think others are willing?  You are so shameless!"

Suddenly many people appeared and all had the face of Chen Ruo Yu.  "Really, she does not have money, no job, no man, so pitiful…….  No money, no job, no man, so pitiful……  No money, no job, no man, so pitiful……"

Damn!  Does this really need to be continuously broadcasted this way?

Chen Ruo Yu felt her scalp turned numb.  She looked at the dense crowd that was about to drown her.  Her mother suddenly appeared again with a smiling face.  She was gently holding Meng Gu's hand and said.  "Since my daughter had done that to you, let her take the responsibility."

What?  She does not want!

Before Chen Ruo Yu could protest, she saw Meng Gu's face had turned pale.  He swept her a glance and fled in panic.

Wait a minute, why are you running?  She did not say she wants to cling to him.  Even if it's done, this matter can still be discussed………..

Chen Ruo Yu watched his retreating back view, running frantically away and woke up……

After waking up for a while, she was still gasping and her heart was still jumping erratically.  It was really tiring to run the whole night.  She felt a lingering fear in her heart.  After thinking for a long time, she pulled up her quilt and covered her head.  She really wanted to bury herself.

However, suddenly a light flashed.  She stuck her head out of the quilt.  She thought of Meng Gu's retreating back……yes, she knows of a way to deal with him, now.

He was afraid she would cling to him.  He said he only wanted to be a friend.  She had been too subtle and then she hid from him.  This had made him feel safe and superior, so he had treated her with arrogance.  If she also acts arrogantly and clings to him, he will definitely feel afraid.  As soon as he feels afraid, it will be his turn to hide from her, then that will mean she will have peace, right?

Being thick-skinned is powerful!  There is still hope in life!

Yes, it shall be done this way!

 

***#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#***

 

The next day, Chen Ruo Yu reached the hospital at 5:58 p.m.  She was not that stupid to go to his office to be observed and discussed.  So she went straight to the hospital atrium garden.  She found a bench where she could have a good view of the garden, sat down and sent a text message to Meng Gu.

~ Dr. Meng, I've arrived.  I have decided to take you to a place, where birds chirp and the fragrance of flower lingers, to have a sweet dinner with you in a romantic garden-style restaurant.  Quickly come down, I'm waiting in the atrium.  

After thinking for a while, she added another sentence. 

~ If we don’t meet, I will not leave!!!

Heavy exclamation marks emphasized her coquettish tone.

This should be disgusting enough.  I don’t believe I can't make you tremble!

She went over the message three times, gritted her teeth and sent it out.

Meng Gu did not return her text message.  Chen Ruo Yu looked at her phone and imagined the shocked look on his face as he frowned, reading at the message.  She smiled.

Ha, ha……this will make you go crazy.  You forced me to treat you, now I will kill you.

After waiting for a long time, Meng Gu did not come down.  Chen Ruo Yu looked at the time and decided to wait until 6:30 p.m.  If he still did not turn up, she will send another goodbye message full of love to him and then leave.

There were children playing and running around in the atrium.  Chen Ruo Yu looked at them happily and also teased the children.  Just as she was imitating the children in their child-like voice, talking with the children, suddenly she heard a female voice shout.  "Chen Ruo Yu."

Chen Ruo Yu turned her head around and saw Nurse Tian.

Beautiful, poised, gentle and pleasant, the elegant and slender Nurse Tian.  It was said that Dr. Meng always laughed and talked with her and have an unusual affection for this Nurse Tian.

Chen Ruo Yu stood up and was on guard.

Nurse Tian looked at her from top to bottom and her expression did not look friendly.  Her voice also sounded cold.  "Dr. Meng is not free.  Your romantic sweet dinner is canceled.  He told me to let you know."

With one blow, she was taken down.  Very good, this wretched man sent a stinky woman to blast her.  Is she really that easy to bully?

Romantic sweet dinner…….apparently she had seen the text message.  Chen Ruo Yu was furious.  That dead Mongolian doctor actually lets her read the message that she sent and even sent this woman to send her away.

What is this supposed to mean?  Beckon, you must come…..wave, and you must leave?

Chen Ruo Yu silently took a deep breath, smiled and said to her.  "It doesn’t matter.  Being a doctor is always so busy, I understand.  Is he called to do an emergency operation again?  It is only just a dinner, it's nothing.  One night after he had done an emergency operation, at four o'clock in the morning, he even called me and made me lose my sleep.  But I don’t blame him."

She smiled and put on a generous and tolerant appearance.  She was actually gritting her teeth in her heart.  How is it?  Is she ambiguous enough?  Did that annoy her?

Nurse Tian's face stiffened.

Chen Ruo Yu felt slightly satisfied.  She smiled and continued.  "Since he is busy, I will not go up.  You can help me to tell him, the next time he wants to make an appointment with me, be sure it is his resting time.  This can save time.  I'm not always free."

"Next time he wants to make an appointment with me"…..those words were said with emphasis.  She did not lie.  It was indeed that dead Mongolian doctor who had wanted her to come.  She had not wanted to come. 

Nurse Tian's face turned ashen and opened her mouth as if she wanted to say something but she kept quiet.  She glared at her, gave a snort, turned around and walked away.

"Nurse Tian."  Chen Ruo Yu called after her and said.  "I'm really sorry.  I've troubled you to run around passing messages between us.  I will talk to him later."

She grinned and looked at Nurse Tian's face which had turned uglier and she felt very satisfied.

Nurse Tian went off in anger.  Chen Ruo You sat down on the bench and took out her cell phone with the intention to send a text message to Meng Gu.

Let others see, is it?  Deliberately embarrass her, is it?  She will not cower!

~ My dear, carry on with your work and pay attention to your health.  The beautiful gentle Nurse Tian delivered your message to me.  Why did you trouble her?  You must thank her properly.  I'll go for dinner at the garden restaurant by myself.  Don’t go hungry.  Don’t think of me too much.

This time, she did not even re-read the text message and happily sent it off.

Then from her bag, she took out a bottle of mineral water, two pieces of bread and ate it.  While she was eating, she thought.  If she knew this would happen, she would have bought mantou instead.  A mantou costs RMB0.50 and the bread costs RMB5.00.  She had really suffered a great loss.

11