Chapter 64 – Coaxing Chen Ruo Yu
11.8k 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the room, Chen Ruo Yu sat behind the door hugging her legs and felt awesome. 

This inexplicable stinky man had worked himself up to such unbelievable jealousy.   She had not lied.  She had clearly told him the truth and it was all his own foolishness.  He also had the audacity to blame others. 

She did not want to bother about him and felt very sad that Sisi was leaving.  She was wrongly accused by her Mr. Tyrannosaurus.  When Chen Ruo Yu thought of this, she wanted to cry again. 

“Don’t sit on the floor.  The floor is cold.”  Meng Gu’s voice sounded very angry.

She jumped with fright.  She looked left and right but there was no one.  How did he know she was sitting on the floor?  She thought for a long time and then remembered she had spoken just now.  Maybe he had heard the sound of her voice and could guess she was sitting on the floor?

She massaged her sluggish head and felt the start of a headache.

“Dr. Meng, I have a headache.”

“Open the door.  Let me have a look.”

“I’m not letting you see.  It was you who caused it.”

He sighed.  “Chen Ruo Yu.”

“What?!”  Her voice sounded fierce.

“Get up.  Don’t sit on the floor, the floor is cold.”

“No.”  She gave a confrontational answer.

“You’ll get sick.  Just try it.”  He said fiercely.

“I’ll try it.”  She sounded fiercer.

Meng Gu sighed again outside the door and felt like kicking down the door.   He squatted down and asked her with the door between them.  “Chen Ruo Yu, are you not thirsty?  I’ve poured you a glass of water.”

“Don’t want to drink.”

“You’re thirsty.  What are you going to do?”

“Let me die of thirst.  Anyway, no one will feel sorry for me.”

Meng Gu really wanted to swear.  In the future, whoever dares to give his Chen Ruo Yu alcohol to drink, he will cut him up!

“Chen Ruo Yu, how much did you drink?”

“I’m not drunk.”

“I’m not saying that you are drunk.  I just want to ask you…….don’t you feel your bladder bloating up?”

“I don’t know where the bladder is.”

“Well, is your stomach bloated?  Do you want to go to the bathroom?”

“Yi?”  Chen Ruo Yu was stunned.  That is true and she had mistakenly locked the door.  She did not lock Meng Gu outside the door……she had locked herself inside the room.

There is no water to drink if she is thirsty, and no toilet if she wants to pee……..a blunder!

She paused and became a bit clear-headed.

Outside the door, Meng Gu said.  “Open the door, drink some water first and go to the toilet.  Then you can come back and take a good rest on the bed.  I’ll help you massage your head, and when your head doesn’t hurt anymore, you can continue to scold me, is that alright?”

“No.”  It did not matter what he said, anyway, it just felt right to answer in the negative.  This time he was really too much and not disciplined.  What will happen in the future?

Chen Ruo Yu began to cry aloud. 

Will they still have a future?  Why doesn’t she feel confident?

Meng Gu standing outside the door began to massage his forehead.  “Why are you crying?”

“I’m mourning the loss of my two-day love relationship.”  While Chen Ruo Yu wiped her tears, she heard Meng Gu swearing outside.  “You’re also scolding me!”

“I’m not scolding you!”  Meng Gu said with a grim face but Chen Ruo Yu could not see.  “You must get up first.  Don’t sit on the floor.”  He persuaded patiently. 

“You don’t have to bother.”

“I won’t bother you but you have to come out to drink some water then go to the toilet, and don’t hold back, okay?  Why are you shutting yourself inside?”

It was better for him not to say anything, but he constantly mentioned the toilet and she really wanted to go.  She was so wrong but she would not admit it.

The two people were in a deadlock for a long while, one sitting inside and the other one squatting outside.  Finally, Meng Gu asked.  “What do you want me to do before you are willing to get up?”

There was silence inside the room.

Then he asked again.  “What can I do to make you open the door?”

Still silence.

Meng Gu asked again.  “What should I do so you will not be angry?”

“I will inform you when I have thought of something.”  This time Chen Ruo Yu answered loud and clear.

“Then how do you think I should wait for your answer?”

“Go home.”

“Not going.”

“Leave my house.”

“Not leaving.”

There was silence again inside and outside the room.

“Can the two of you be more mentally retarded than this?”  A clear female voice broke the deadlock between the two fools.

Meng Gu turned around his head and looked.  Liang Sisi was neatly dressed with make-up on her face standing at the door of her room with both arms crossed on her chest.  It seems like the cries he heard earlier was just an illusion.

Meng Gu stood up and felt a little embarrassed.  Liang Sisi ignored him, walked forward and knocked on Chen Ruo Yu’s door.  She shouted.  “Ruo Yu, open the door!”

Chen Ruo Yu quickly opened the door and this obedience made Meng Gu scowled fiercely.

The first thing Chen Ruo Yu did was to run to the toilet.  “Wait for me to come back and we’ll talk.”

Liang Sisi and Meng Gu twitched their lips at the same time and both of them rolled their eyes at her retreating back view.

When Chen Ruo Yu came out, Liang Sisi and Meng Gu were both sitting on the living room sofa.  Liang Sisi stood up, looked at both of them and said. “Okay, I’m leaving tomorrow.  There will not be another chance for me to bother about your matters.  Initially, I didn’t want to be involved at all but the two of you are really silly and I can’t stand it any longer.  So now, while I’m still here and if you have anything to say, you’d better make it clear.”

Meng Gu raised his eyebrows and said.  “I’m not silly.  I’m just matching her level.”

“What level am I?!”  Chen Ruo Yu yelled at him.  “I am matured and dignified.  Not like someone who is naïve and difficult.”

“How did you discover the special qualities of maturity and dignity on yourself?   Who was the one who wanted to sing, jot down notes and locked herself up almost restraining herself to death?”

“Then who was the one who bought a durian, then threw it outside the door and later blamed the thief for stealing it?  And who was the one who did not find out the real situation and wrongly accused others……being petty and ignoring others.”

“Stop!  Stop!”  Liang Sisi could not stand it any longer.  “If the two of you want to settle scores, then you should do it slowly behind closed doors.  Ruo Yu, you can speak first.  Why did you lock yourself in the room?”

“He said that he behaved coldly towards me during this time because I went out with you for dinner that day.  He thought that I had gone out for dinner with another man.  That made me angry!”

“Just this?”

“I’ve been wrongly accused.  Obviously, I didn’t do it.  I just met Zhou Zhe at the district entrance and walked back together with him.”

“Okay.”  Liang Sisi turned around to face Meng Gu.  “Dr. Meng, that day Ruo Yu had gone out for dinner with me and then I left to meet other friends, so she came back on her own.  That was what happened.”

Chen Ruo Yu glared at Meng Gu who nodded his head heavily.

Meng Gu knew he was in the wrong.  He felt embarrassed and was at a loss for words. 

Liang Sisi also said.  “What is so serious about this matter?  Dr. Meng, if you had caught her with another man, you should have gone up to her and scolded her on the spot.  Then you would have found out that it was all a misunderstanding, right?  And you, Ruo Yu…….if you’re unacceptable to his cold attitude, you should have gone to look for him and give him a good scolding.  Then wouldn’t everything be clear?  What is the use of holding back for so long?”

The two people looked at each other and did not speak.

Chen Ruo Yu tightened her mouth and after enduring for a long while, she said.  “How can you simply swear and curse?  My feelings are hurt.  Sometimes he is busy, and when the pressure is great, his mood will be bad, so I should be considerate……..so how would I know he was thinking of something else?  I also want to show consideration for him, but this has been going on for more than two weeks, right?  In fact, I really can’t carry on being considerate.”

So, a couple who do not quarrel or do not fight with each other would also have hurt feelings.  Had she passed all these days in sadness needlessly because she made the wrong choice to control her feelings?

Meng Gu looked at her and wanted to apologize but when he thought of Liang Sisi’s presence, he swallowed back his words. 

Chen Ruo Yu felt a little dizzy, could not control herself and picked up a beer to take a sip.  Liang Sisi and Meng Gu glared at her and after taking two more sips, feeling a little awkward, she finally put down the beer.

“It is his fault.  Sisi, you should criticize him.”

“Why should I criticize him?  If you think he is not good for you, you can dump him.  I can take you with me to H-city and together we can look for our spring.”

(Spring here means the season of love.  Sisi is telling CRY to look for another love.)

Meng Gu glared at the two women.

Chen Ruo Yu lowered her head and said.  “I don’t want to go.  There is no Dr. Meng in the spring of H-city.  I have liked him for a long time.”

Meng Gu took a deep breath and Liang Sisi threw a glare at him.  “Don’t get excited.  She is drunk.”

Meng Gu glared back at her.  “A drunk spew true words.”

“Wait until you get to H-city……when you find someone better than him and someone more suitable than him, then you can tell me.  I want someone a little bit more handsome than him.  He must also be gentle, considerate and not petty……”  Chen Ruo Yu continued to say with her head lowered and did not see their expressions.

Liang Sisi smiled and looked into Meng Gu’s eyes.

“Such true words……”

“She is drunk.”  Meng Gu said coldly.

“It’s best if he can also be a doctor.  I like very much the look of him in his big white coat.”  Chen Ruo Yu was still saying and then she added.  “I’m sleepy.”

The two of them turned their heads to look at her.  Meng Gu sighed and pulled her into his arms. 

Liang Sisi looked at them and suddenly felt the rims of her eyes turned hot.  She said aloud.  “Well, the two of you are in a love relationship, so you should feel happy.  I’ve to go back to my room to sleep and the two of you must keep your noise level down.  Be as quiet as possible and don’t disturb me.”

“Then you don’t care for me anymore?”  Chen Ruo Yu suddenly looked up and said with a trace of disappointment.

“How do you want me to care for you?  Should I help you to marry, help you to go to bed, help you to have children?”

“No, no.”  Chen Ruo Yu blushed and leaned against Meng Gu clutching his arm.  “My family’s Mr. Tyrannosaurus is a very chaste man.”

Liang Sisi and Meng Gu both looked at her in doubt.

“She is really drunk.  You’ve to deal with this.”  Liang Sisi spoke to Meng Gu and then turned around to go back to her room.

Meng Gu turned his head to look at Chen Ruo Yu.  She blinked her eyes and looked back at him.

“I’m sleepy.”

“Uh……”

“I’m not drunk.  I’m wide awake.”

“Are you sure?”

“It’s true.  I’m sober and aware that you have wrongly accused me and you were unreasonable.  I was in love for only two days and then I lost my love.” 

Meng Gu did not have the energy to argue with her.  “Go back to your room.  When you wake up after a good sleep, you will find that you did not lose your love.”

“No, no…….I can’t be the only one who lost my love.  Dr. Meng, you have also lost your love.”

“I didn’t.”  Meng Gu stretched out his arms and lifted her up.

Chen Ruo Yu let out a cry and jumped with fright.  Then she felt relieved when she realized what had happened.  Wrapping her hands around Meng Gu’s neck, she leaned against his shoulder and said to him.  “You have lost your love.”

“I didn’t.”

He carried her to her room and had no intentions to carry on such a meaningless conversation with her any longer.

“Dr. Meng, you are actually quite strong.”  She changed to an even more meaningless topic.  While she spoke, she squeezed his arm.  “Powerful and strong.”

“Thank you.”  Meng Gu was unable to catch the praises for him hidden in her words. 

“Why don’t you try to carry me like this and see how long you can hold on?  I can help you to track the time.”

These words had no connection with the loss of love.

Meng Gu ignored her, threw her on the bed directly and pulled the quilt over her.  “Go to sleep.”

“Dr. Meng, tell me…….is loving someone more difficult or is healing someone more difficult.”

Meng Gu was stunned.

“I feel both are as difficult.”  She answered and expressed her opinion.

“Do you know how to heal people?”  He asked weakly. 

Who is actually the doctor now?

“I don’t know but I’ve been to see doctors.  Doctors often say ~ There are many reasons for this disease and now the medical circle is also not clear.”

“So?”  He had really said those words before and diseases are indeed unclear.

“So…...”  She blinked and yawned.  After a long while, she said.  “So……..”  Her voice became softer and softer and then she fell asleep.

Meng Gu was dumbfounded.  Just like this?  She again had caught him off guard.

He sat at the edge of her bed for a while and thought about it. 

So what was the cause of the disease?

18