Chapter 65 – Sisi’s concern
11k 7 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chen Ruo Yu was sleeping soundly and was oblivious to Meng Gu.

He was alone and was too lazy to think much about her silly question.  After sitting for a while, seeing that she was sleeping soundly, he felt a little angry.  Earlier that evening, he had sat at the district entrance for a long time but he could not think of how to apologize to her.  Now they are in the same room but they still did not get the chance to have a proper talk with each other.

After getting crazy from being drunk, she had fallen asleep and it was useless to foolishly stay here.  After sitting for a while, Meng Gu decided to temporarily retreat today and fight again tomorrow.  He tucked in the corners of her quilt, stood up and prepared to leave the room.  On reaching the door, he paused, turned around and walked back to the side of the bed again. Then he bent down and placed a kiss on her lips.  “I told you that every time I see you, I’ll give you a kiss.  I didn’t go back on my promise, Chen Ruo Yu.”

Chen Ruo Yu ignored him, did not move and continued to sleep.

Meng Gu pinched her nose lightly but she did not wake up and subconsciously swatted away his hand.

Meng Gu withdrew his hand and pinched her cheek again.  This time, she muttered the word ‘Hateful’, then touched her cheek, turned over and went back to sleep. 

“Chen Ruo Yu.”  Meng Gu called her.

She did not respond.

He called again and nudged her shoulders.  This made her slightly awake.  In a daze, she turned over with her eyes half-closed.  “What?”

“Do you miss me?  Chen Ruo Yu…….”

She muttered softly.  “Hmm…….”  and slept.

“I miss you very much, Chen Ruo Yu.  But you didn’t try to date me.  If you had acted a little spoilt and coaxed me a little, we could have been together earlier, right?  You’ve to learn to do this.”

Chen Ruo Yu did not respond as she was sleeping soundly.  She kicked out a leg, turned over and hugged her quilt.

Meng Gu sighed.  He stretched out his hands to pull the quilt over her.  “Recently, I’ve become stupid.  I must have been infected by you, so you have to take full responsibility.”

No one took notice of him.  After sitting for a while, he felt bored.  “I will come again tomorrow.”

He kissed her on her cheek, stood up and walked out of the room.  He gently and softly closed the door.  He was about to leave when he saw Liang Sisi sticking out her head from her bedroom.  When she saw Meng Gu, she smiled and asked.  “Is she asleep?”

Meng Gu nodded.

Liang Sisi said again.  “Let’s have a chat.”

Chat?

Meng Gu thought about it and then nodded again.

The two people sat down in the living room.

“Dr. Meng, what do you like about Ruo Yu.?”

What does he like about her?  Meng Gu lowered his eyes and did not speak.  He was not familiar with Liang Sisi and was not interested to confide in her. 

Liang Sisi did not mind and she asked again.  “Dr. Meng, you don’t like me but you like Ruo Yu.  Why do you think I am not as good as her?”

“Why?  Are you testing me again?”

So, he really knows.   Liang Sisi laughed aloud.

“Dr. Meng, I’ve lived with Ruo Yu for more than a year and we’ve talked a lot.  I asked her before about the type of men she likes.  That time, after thinking for a long time, she told me that her requirement is not high.  She just wants someone she can love and also that someone to return her love and at the same time be good to her.”

Meng Gu did not speak.

“Dr. Meng, do you know that in actual fact, her requirement is very much higher than my requirement for men?”

“Is it?”  Meng Gu felt that her words were not to his liking.  Actually, his Chen Ruo Yu does not have any excessive requirements, she is not greedy and he is very satisfied with her.

“Her requirement doesn’t sound like much because she doesn’t know what to ask for and also she is an idealist.  In fact, her expectations are very high…….although they are high, they are not specific.  Do you know what is the result?  In the end, she didn’t know what she wanted but she knows she didn’t get it.  She is sensitive, easily feels at a loss, and she doesn’t even know why she feels sad.   Just like this time, when you lost your temper with her, she doesn’t know what happened and tried to find excuses for you.  In reality, she felt very uncomfortable, but she didn’t know how to talk about this feeling.  You were waiting for her to bow down and explain to you while she was waiting for you to return to your normal self.”

Meng Gu knew that she was right.  His Chen Ruo Yu really loves to think a lot but unfortunately every time the focus she thought of would be different from his.

“Dr. Meng, I used to think you are very rational and perceptive about your feelings.  It’s hard to get along with people like you but in fact, I’m also a person not easy to get along with either.  But Ruo Yu gets along fine with me.  She has her own charms and if I am a man, I think I will like her too.  I think I have veered a bit too far off-course.  Actually what I want to say is……..Dr. Meng, this time you’ve overreacted and behaved foolishly.  I think perhaps, you can really be together.”

What theory is this?  Meng Gu finally could not control himself and said.  “We have feelings for each other, of course, we can be together.”

“Is it true that having feelings for each other will enable the two of you to be together?”  Liang Sisi smiled and said.  “Dr. Meng, have you ever thought about the gap between you two?  Her concept of life is totally different from yours.  She will not be able to appreciate symphony and she likes cartoons.  When you want to watch the current news, it is time for her favorite mentally defective variety shows to be aired.  In order to save a little money, she will ask all the stalls for the prices of the goods when she goes to the market.  Are you willing to accompany her to go around like this?  When you buy luxury branded goods, she will feel heartache, and when she buys cheap goods, you will look down on the goods.  Are you willing to live with this difference?”

Liang Sisi looked at Meng Gu and continued.  “Her parents like to compare.  Maybe they will bring all their relatives and friends to your house for a tour to show off.  They will make you buy gifts for them but they are not really lacking in these things.  It is also not because they are greedy for money but only that they want face.  Can you bear with that?”

Meng Gu frowned and was about to speak when Liang Sisi added.  “Dr. Meng, when you bring her into your social circle, your relatives, elders, and colleagues will ask……what does she do?  Will you not care the slightest and say directly she sells insurance?  Of course, selling insurance is not a job that is unpresentable, but just for her performance quota, maybe she will approach your friends or celebrity friends to sell insurance.  Can you accept that?”

Meng Gu raised his hand and prevented Liang Sisi from continuing.  “Miss Liang, you don’t have to show-off the news that you know.  I understand what you are trying to say.  Perhaps, some things may not develop so smoothly or harmoniously as I wish but being together with Chen Ruo Yu is not an impulsive move.  I had seriously considered this before I committed myself.”

“I know.  As I’ve said, earlier, I thought that your feelings about men and women are too perceptive.  But Dr. Meng, men who are perceptive about their emotions are really not perceptive at all because they don’t care.  When you really fall in love, will you really analyze all the problems rationally?”

“What problems are there to analyze when one falls in love?  Miss Liang, you think too much.  Being a woman, it is better not to be too smart.  Sometimes, it is better to be as silly as my family’s Chen Ruo Yu who is more adorable.”

Liang Sisi laughed.  “Dr. Meng, don’t think Ruo Yu is silly.  In fact, women are the most perceptive about feelings.  They know what is happening around them.  They are silly because they feel they should be silly.  They are afraid of losing, so they will pretend they did not see some things.  They are afraid of being hurt, so they will pretend they can’t understand some things.  But in actual fact, they know about everything.  When a man thinks that a woman is not as perceptive as him and is immeasurably self-satisfied, that is the time when he doesn’t know that in fact, he is the one who is really stupid.”

“Miss Liang, do you have the intention to give me a lesson on the relationship between men and women?”

“No, Dr. Meng.  There is a tutorial in everyone’s heart regarding the relationship between men and women.  Even if a person hasn’t been in a love relationship before, he will still feel he will be able to understand.  Moreover, Dr. Meng had been involved with many peach blossoms before this and being so experienced, I don’t have to give you any lessons.”

“You’ve overpraised me.  I don’t get involved with peach blossoms.” 

She must be joking.  Now he is already branded with the mark of Chen Ruo Yu’s boyfriend…….what is this talk about being involved with many peach blossoms?  This is simply a frame-up!

Liang Sisi smiled and did not argue with him.  She only said.  “What I want to tell you is just about Chen Ruo Yu.  I first met Ruo Yu in our company when she came for an interview.  Our company’s stupid interviewer likes to ask job applicants what they think of the job.  Everyone else gave answers that sounded great and only Ruo Yu that silly girl sat there in a daze.  Later, the interviewer was very unhappy and asked her why she took so long to think for an answer.  She told him that she actually came to look for a job and had never actually worked before.  Therefore, she did not have any idea.  She felt that it would not please anyone if she talked without an idea, so instead, she chose not to say anything.  As a result, of course, she did not get the job.  The interviewer felt that she was too straightforward, did not know how to adapt to the situation and she would definitely not be able to produce work with outstanding achievement.

Meng Gu nodded.  This kind of awkward situation indeed looks like something that Chen Ruo Yu is capable of.

“So you see.  She actually knew what was not pleasing to the ears but she could not think of other pleasing words.  She has her own ideas, she is independent but she does not have a personality.  She is not stupid but she just doesn’t scheme.  Therefore, if you are angry with her, you have to let her know what you are angry about.  If you want to act spoilt or want her to act spoilt to you, it’s useless to act cool.  You’ve to use a more direct approach and a method that is very obvious.”

“Of course, I know.”  Meng Gu was not receptive to her comments.  Of course, he knows what kind of person is Chen Ruo Yu and he had seriously considered this before he decided to be with her.  Liang Sisi need not state this matter to such a great extent.

“Maybe you know.”  Liang Sisi shrugged her shoulders and did not agree with his words.  “Men always say they know but in fact, they never keep this matter in their hearts.  Between knowing and not knowing, there isn’t much difference.”

“Miss Liang, only with things that you are not sure, you will emphasize again and again.  Why do you always say you understand men?”

Liang Sisi was stunned.  She paused and then with a little embarrassment, she said self-deprecatingly.  “Well, you’re right.   I’m not sure about men.”

Meng Gu lifted his eyebrows slightly and did not speak.

“Dr. Meng, in fact, there is this particularly unpleasantness that people don’t like about you.  Chen Ruo Yu is right.  The woman who stays with you for a long period will probably be scared away by your personality.”

“You don’t have to intimidate me.  I and Chen Ruo Yu will be very happy together.”

Liang Sisi nodded and suddenly smiled.  “Then you must accomplish it and give Ruo Yu a good life.”

Meng Gu was taken by surprise.  He subconsciously nodded and understood that Liang Sisi’s words were truly said from her heart and she was really concerned for Chen Ruo Yu.  Meng Gu felt a little ill at ease about the poisonous words that he had spoken to her.  He changed to another topic and asked.  “Where are you going tomorrow?”

“H-city.”

“Not coming back?”  Otherwise, Chen Ruo Yu would not have cried over this.

“Correct.”

Meng Gu frowned.  “How is this house being handled?  Is this going to be rented out?”  With his Chen Ruo Yu’s poor financial status, she would not be able to afford this rent.

“Well, this is a good question.”  Liang Sisi smiled.  “Dr. Meng, our house rent is currently paid up to last until after the Spring Festival.  That is to say, Ruo Yu can still stay here for a few more months.  After these few months, if the two of you can get along well, maybe she doesn’t need to rent a house next year.  If the both of you don’t get along, then she has to move to a small house, live on a tight budget or if she can’t afford to stay in A-city, she may return to C-city.”

Is she trying to intimidate him again?  Meng Gu frowned and felt unhappy over the possibility of Chen Ruo Yu returning to C-city.

“Dr. Meng, this should be considered as a challenge with a time limit.”

This is really a challenge.

Especially now that he had committed a naïve, low-level mistake and he was still in his assessment period under Chen Ruo Yu.  The hardest part is that since they had clarified their relationship, the previous tricks used on Chen Ruo Yu did not seem good now. 

Meng Gu frowned. 

No……it seems that he has to really work hard and resolve this in the shortest time possible.

18