Chapter 66 – Touched
10.9k 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To get something done quickly, cannot be done by only one party. 

To make her totally devote herself to him also cannot be done by only one party. 

The next day, Meng Gu as the driver drove Chen Ruo Yu and Liang Sisi to the airport. 

Chen Ruo Yu was in a gloomy mood and she fought back her tears fiercely.  As she looked at Liang Sisi disappeared from sight, suddenly she thought.  This woman is running to a man……is she running towards life or running into a battlefield?  Or is life a battlefield once a man appears?

She turned her head around and looked at Meng Gu’s face showing a relaxed and happy expression.  Unconsciously, she felt depressed.  He was never with her in sadness and in happiness, and she hated it.

“What?”  Meng Gu asked when he saw her expression.

“Nothing.”  Chen Ruo Yu turned her head and walked away.

Well, she also has her own battlefield.  She must carefully plan how she could be with Meng Gu for a lifetime without changing him.

She will not change him and he will not change her.

She wants to live a lifetime with someone and she hopes the someone can be Meng Gu.

But now it seems he does not feel secure with her and it is reasonable to say this should not happen.  His conditions are so much better than hers and it is normal for her to feel uneasy.  What about him?  Is it because he is not invested in this relationship enough or is it because she is not enthusiastic enough?

Chen Ruo Yu thought seriously about this.  She noticed Meng Gu looking at her carefully.  She threw a glance at him and suddenly realized that she seems more powerful than before. 

Meng Gu asked her again apprehensively.  “What?”

“Nothing.”  She turned her head sideways and decided to maintain her momentum.

But how does one negotiate?  She had not thought of a way.  Suddenly she saw a supermarket and she shouted for him to stop.  She requested to go in to buy something and of course, Meng Gu had no opinion.  It was a good start to go shopping with his girlfriend. 

The two of them pushed a shopping cart and went in.

“What do you want to buy?”

“I’ve not decided.”  Chen Ruo Yu answered.

Meng Gu opened his mouth and then closed it again.

She touched here and there, looked around and it seemed like she was preoccupied.

Meng Gu finally could not control himself and said.  “The next time if you have a shortage of something in the house, you should make a list.  It is more efficient and you can buy directly.”

Her reply came back quickly.  “Shopping is not about efficiency, it is about pleasure.”

Meng Gu was taken aback and did not speak.  In fact, according to him, efficiency equates to pleasure.  Obviously, women do not see it that way. 

She glanced at him.  “How can shopping be like fighting battles?  It is not even enjoyable.”

He kept his silence and she asked.  “Dr. Meng, do you have a fetish for cleanliness?”  She remembered that time when his shirt was a bit dirty, and he had immediately bought a new one to change.

“It’s only I just lo love to be clean.”

“Who cleans up your house?”  She thought of his house which seemed to be spotlessly clean.

He coughed and there was a smile on his face.  Chen Ruo Yu threw him a glance and asked.  “Why do you have a strange expression on your face?”

“No, I just think that the topic we are talking about has finally made some substantive progress.” 

She raised her eyebrows.  “What progress is that?”

“We are discussing who is doing housework.”

“You have thought too much.  I just casually asked to see if you have any particular weird disorders.”

“Why do you think I have weird disorders?”

“The last time when your shirt was dirty, you immediately spend money to buy a new one.  Isn’t that a weird disorder?”

“My shirt was dirty with your snot.”  Just then two women passed by beside them.  They turned around to look at Chen Ruo Yu and snickered.  She was embarrassed and glared at Meng Gu.  “Obviously, that was not the reason.”

“If there is snot, will you continue to wear it?  My whole body would feel uncomfortable if I didn’t change to a new shirt.”

She ignored him and walked to another side.  Meng Gu followed her and said.  “Hey, you can’t be angry because I told you the truth.”

She did not reply and just carried on walking forward.  He added.  “We had clearly reconciled yesterday.”

“Not yet.”  She was still pondering on a method that is both good and alert to communicate and reconcile with him.

“Why not?”  He walked over to her and nudged her shoulder with his arm.  “Petty devil, tell me what do you want to make you happy.”

Chen Ruo Yu had still not answered when suddenly Meng Gu smelled a nasty odor.  He saw Chen Ruo Yu looking in a direction with her eyes shining.  Instantly he had a bad feeling.  He turned his head around to look and saw a rack full of durians not far away.

Chen Ruo Yu turned around to look at him and did not speak.

Meng Gu looked at her and then looked at the durian.  Finally, under the pressure of the heavy hint in her eyes, he said.  “You can pick one.”

She smiled with her eyes curled up and ran straight towards the biggest one.  With the help of the supermarket staff, the fruit was weighed and it came up to a little more than 15 catties.  (around 9kg.) 

Her face was full of regret.  “Last time, that one weighed 20 catties.”

Meng Gu was speechless.  She still remembered the last one.

When Chen Ruo Yu got her durian, her mood became better.  She did not want to shop anymore and wanted to return home quickly to eat her durian.

He helped her to carry the durian to the checkout counter and asked her first.  “Is this considered we have reconciled?”

She nodded.  Then Meng Gu put the durian on the counter and said.  “Checkout, please.”

This is not bad.  Chen Ruo Yu felt very satisfied.  Actually, this should be considered as……a durian makes everyone happy.  Reconciled and alert.  Next time, if he bullies her again, she will buy a bunch of durians and while she eats, he can remain stinky.

After paying for the durian, Chen Ruo Yu took the lead and hurried to the side of the car.   Meng Gu tagged behind and muttered to himself.  He was not acceptable to the fact that he was not comparable to a durian. 

“What are you talking about?”  She turned back and asked.

“Nothing.”  Meng Gu threw the durian into the trunk of the car and Chen Ruo Yu was somewhat distressed.  “Aiya…….don’t damage it.”

He pursed his lips and Chen Ruo Yu said longingly.  “I really feel like eating it now.”

Meng Gu was sullen and suddenly he said.  “Aiya…..I forgot to buy an air freshener.”  He wanted to go back into the supermarket but Chen Ruo Yu glared at him which made him get into the car.

Meng Gu obeyed quietly and Chen Ruo Yu was a little proud with her eyes still laughing.  The durian odor flooded the whole car and Meng Gu had a bitter expression while she felt happier and happier. 

Just as she was feeling proud, Meng Gu suddenly held her chin and kissed her hard on the lips.  “After you have eaten the durian, I will not kiss you.  Let‘s remedy it first.”

She was taken by surprise but did not refuse.  Meng Gu took the opportunity to penetrate deeper.  The two of them were ‘reunited after a long period of time’ and they burned with passion.  This kiss made them breathless and they reluctantly parted.  All the way home, their mood which was gloomy in the beginning had turned bright.  While Meng Gu was driving his car, from time to time, he would reach out to hold her hand.  Chen Ruo Yu felt the sweetness in her heart and for the moment, she had forgotten about all the previous unhappiness.

After reaching home, she stood at the doorway of the kitchen eating her durian while she talked.  And he sat in the living room sofa, trying to stay as far away as possible from the durian.  Chen Ruo Yu felt this is very good since he fears her a little bit.

First, she told him about Liang Sisi’s affairs.  Her intention was to show him that women could also make bold decisions and possessed the power of action.  It was also to remind him that he must not neglect her, otherwise, she could also be as brave as Liang Sisi.

In the end, Meng Gu’s reaction was like this.  “So her purpose of going over there is to marry?  How many weeks have they known each other?  She is really not a normal woman.”

Black lines covered her face while she had a durian stuck in her mouth.  Okay, this case could be a bit extreme and the orientation a bit biased. 

“You feel very worried, is that right?”  She asked.

He had to pull her back and set her on the right path.  He will treat her nicely, otherwise, if she did something stupid, he will regret it.

“I don’t feel worried.  Liang Sisi is a woman who, if thrown into the mountains, she would still be able to make the tigers and lions listen obediently to her.”

“What about me?”  She asked.

“You will be the one who is fooled into obedience.”

“Then you’re saying I’m either a tiger or a lion?”

“The female.”  Meng Gu nodded.

(Chinese people consider the female tiger as the fiercest animal and the wife usually is referred to as a female tiger.)

After a while, she understood his meaning.  “Uh…….”  She disagreed with his views but she could not pick on this topic and admit that she is fierce.  She pretended she did not understand and picked up another durian fruit to eat.  “Anyway, I’m worried.”

“You’re still worried about her?  Why are you not worried about the man she is going to marry?”   Since there was no one else in this house and there was only he and Chen Ruo Yu, Meng Gu felt a lot more relaxed.  “Speaking of this, I really want to see what this man is like.  If I meet him, I’ll beat him up.”

“Why beat him?”  She asked.

“He should have taken this Liang Sisi away earlier so that we have more time for each other and maybe our relationship would not have made so little progress.”

Chen Ruo Yu squinted at him.  “What progress?  Why do I feel your words are solely for your benefit?”

“You can detect that?  It must be that you also have thoughts of me in your heart.”

“Don’t talk nonsense.”  She would not admit that she had had a dream of spring.  Pulling her face taut she said.  “I’m telling you seriously, I want to fall in love properly and I’m not playing.”

“Me too.”  Meng Gu saw Chen Ruo Yu was very serious and he quickly became serious as well.  “I’m not only serious, but I also feel that our progress is a bit too slow.”

“How is it slow?”  If he says that they had not progressed to the stage of getting into bed, she plans to cover his head with the durian rind-shell. 

“Slow in the sense we have not met the parents.  All these seem like we don’t have a clear status.  Chen Ruo Yu, are you ready to meet my parents?”

The parents are going to be brought out……who will be the winner?

Chen Ruo Yu’s momentum immediately weakened.  She thought about it and said.  “I’m not ready yet because your behavior is not good.  I still need to study and observe carefully.”

Meng Gu was speechless.

“So you have to be good to me.  My requirements are not high.  As long as you don’t create trouble unreasonably and make me angry, then it’s alright.”

The requirements are not high.

Well, it is really not very high.  Meng Gu nodded.

His Chen Ruo Yu should be easy to cajole.  She used to bear and tolerated his bad moods, so now that his feelings for her are real, she will definitely devote herself completely to him. 

She saw he was full of confidence and did not know what he was thinking.  “So now, have you decided how you are going to be good to me?”

“Of course, I will make you feel very touched.”

 

The next day, Meng Gu actually bought food and went to Chen Ruo Yu’s house to express his promise to be good to her.  He said he would cook a meal for her. 

She did not doubt him as she had seen Meng Gu buy very expensive steaks in the supermarket.  In Meng Gu’s house, she had seen the food inside his fridge before and in addition, he has a super chef friend Yin Ze.  Taking into account his quality lifestyle, she believes that Meng Gu’s cooking skills should be good.

She readily agreed and expressed she was a little touched by his actions.  Then she left him in the kitchen and sat down confidently in the living room to watch TV.  Ten minutes later, she went back to the kitchen to take a look at the situation. 

She was shocked.

“Who would use a scalpel to clean a fish?”

Of course, there is.

Meng Gu replied.  “My father.”

She opened her mouth for a long time and then asked.  “How did your mother deal with your father?”

“Make him leave the kitchen.”

He looked at her with hopeful eyes and Chen Ruo Yu blinked.  She looked around her messy kitchen, suddenly understood that he also wanted to leave the kitchen.  When he bought food over and said he wanted to cook a meal for her, it was just a pretense. 

Did he think that she would say ‘No need, let me do it.’, then he would push everything to her and let her do the cooking?  And he would make use of his intention of cooking for her to successfully make her feel ‘touched’?

She blinked again.  “Do a proper job, young man.  You will be better than your dad.”

This man really ‘touched’ her!

21