Chapter 75 – Home for the New Year
11.2k 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Catmeme6’s Notes:

In this chapter, the Author will introduce the members of the Chen Family.  The Chinese people have specific titles for each and every member of the family.   In the West, whoever is a sibling of one’s parents is collectively called either Uncle or Aunt but the Chinese people have specific titles that will instantly identify the person’s gender, his rank, whether he is an older sibling or a younger sibling and which side he is from i.e. paternal or maternal.  From the title, the person’s connection can also be derived i.e. whether he is a sibling of the parents or nephews and nieces of the parents.  

To make it easier for reading, I will not be translating according to the titles given to each of member of the Chen Family and will collectively give them the title of Elder Uncle or Elder Auntie, etc.

 

Chapter 75 – Home for the New Year

In the past few days before she was due to go home for the Spring Festival, Chen Ruo Yu stayed at Meng Gu’s home.  She finally understood what Meng Gu meant when he told her that he does not do ‘one-night-stands’.  His meaning was he wanted to do it ‘every night’!

He returned his house key to her and she breathed a sigh of relief but she did not pick it up.

If he had the guts to take back the key, then he should not give it back to her again!  How could he tease her like this?  She asked him to apologize, reflect and repent but he refused.  He refused to admit his mistakes, refused to reflect and expressed his refusal to repent.

If he did not want to do it then she also did not want to do it either.  If he did not apologize, she would not agree to take back his house key.

In the end, he did not pressure her to take the key anymore but he would always ‘abduct’ her back to his home every day.

“Have you left your office?  Don’t take the bus, I’ll pick you up.  I’m on my way.”

“My stomach feels painful.  I don’t even have time to eat dinner.  The lunch box delivered by the hospital canteen had long gone cold and I don’t want to eat it.  Since you’ve already eaten and you’re watching TV at home, what should I do?  I don’t want to go to the restaurants outside for my dinner, so can you come over to help me cook a bowl of noodles?  What?  I don’t want to go to your house to eat.  The noodles in my house are more appetizing.  If nobody is going to cook for me, then it seems I’ll be starved to death.”

“One person watching TV is so lonely.  Why not come to my house?  My TV is big and I have a home theatre system.  My bed is also more comfortable.  The point is I’m downstairs at your house.  If you don’t come down, I won’t go home.”

Chen Ruo Yu was already annoyed with him after working hard with him for a few days.  In the first instance, why did she feel that Mr. Tyrannosaurus is so cool and handsome previously?  Obviously, he nags and is annoying!

A man’s IQ is really unreliable!

While Chen Ruo Yu despised him, she would always fall for his tricks.  She knew he was pretending but she still gave in to him. 

So when she cooks, he would create trouble beside her, when she washes the dishes, he would be giving her instructions beside her, when she washes his clothes, he would take off his clothes and throw it all over the place.  When she cleans the house, he would be chanting next to her to allow him to follow her back home for the Spring Festival. 

Of course, she did not agree.  So he would practice what he preaches and quickly imparts to her the life experiences of being a couple.

Chen Ruo Yu had to admit that in just those short few days, they had ventured in and out of the house together, ate together, slept together and they were really like a couple.  They adjusted the inconsistencies in the details and habits in their lives to adapt to each other’s preferences and requirements.

Well, regarding the matters on the bed, she felt it was not bad.  Alright, although there was no comparison, it should be considered good.

The first time they were intimate, she did not feel anything except for the pain and in addition, when he nagged, he ruined the atmosphere.  However, the feelings that followed the next few times could be rated as perfect.

When they were intimate the second time, she was able to reach climax and experienced that feeling.  In his embrace, she tightened and contracted then screamed as she lost control.  He felt proud, continued with the battle, and pushed her to her second climax.  Chen Ruo Yu sweated and cried, panted and trembled with pleasure.  She blushed and felt shy because of her reaction. 

After that shameless man’s panting had died down, he declared that this was his true strength and the first time should not be counted.   After he had finished speaking, he thought about it and said that the first time should also be considered not bad.  He did not make it too painful for her and so she should give him a good rating.  Then he thought about it and added again.  Every time each of them has the aim to achieve a goal, and it should be the best of the best.

It was actually meaningless talk and Chen Ruo Yu closed her eyes and pretended to sleep.  At this time, if she were to continue to chat with him, his tail would definitely rise up to the sky.  But later she really fell asleep but just before she fell asleep, she suddenly thought of the first time…….could it be he was feeling nervous?

When she woke up, she was actually awakened by Meng Gu.  He yelled that he had overslept, time was tight and he was going to be late.  Really, is romance the death route leading to the end?  Him being late was none of her business since she did not have to go to work so early.  But he insisted on matrimonial harmony and in short, when he leaves the house, it must involve her.

Black lines filled Chen Ruo Yu’s face and she felt so angry that she gritted her teeth.  In this world, the most inconsiderate and unromantic man should be him, right?  There was no gentle good morning kiss and no thoughtful whisperings of ‘you have a good sleep, I’m leaving’.  How did the theory of ‘In the early morning, I’m late and you must accompany me to rush to work together’ materialize? 

In short, the few days following the stimulation of a husband and wife’s daily life, they experienced the tastes of sweet, sour, bitter and spiciness in life.  Chen Ruo Yu did not know whether it was because her Mr. Tyrannosaurus was too confident and felt that she could not do without him.  Anyway, he did not make any effort to cover up his stinky flaws, did not even pretend to be a little better and only actually showed his true personality in front of her.

Just like an old married couple, so what about it?

But she eventually did not bring him home with her for the Spring Festival because the day before she was to go back, she received a phone call from her mother and received a scolding from her.  The reason was that Zhou Zhe had brought Lu Bao Ni home with him and after Chen Mother had investigated, then, only did she find out that the marriage plans between her Chen Family and Zhou Family had fizzled out.   After she had investigated further, she found out that her daughter was actually the person who helped them.  It was she who had encouraged another girl to pursue him.  This made Chen Mother very angry and felt her own daughter was deliberately opposing her.

That call was quite unpleasant.  Under her mother’s reproach, Chen Ruo Yu told her mother that she already has a boyfriend.  He is from A-city and is a doctor.  But Chen Mother would not listen and she knew her daughter had a previous record of telling lies which she could still remember clearly.  She did not believe her, would not listen and just hung up the phone.

Chen Ruo Yu sighed and felt she was wronged.  She was worried that if she brought Meng Gu home directly, as a result, he would witness the bad side of her family.  She mulled over this and decided to return home to explain this situation during the holidays.  After obtaining the approval of her parents, and everyone had reached an agreement and were psychologically prepared, then she would bring Meng Gu home.

So under the aggrieved and contemptuous eyes of Meng Gu, she carried her bag and went home for the New Year.

Sitting on the bus, she talked to Meng Gu all the way home until her phone almost ran out of battery.  This guy kept calling her once in a while, continuously throughout her journey and before she had even reached C-city, she had begun to miss him.

The closer she reached home, the heavier her heart was.  When did her family become a pressure that she looks forward coming back to and at the same time she hopes to maintain a distance?  Standing at the main entrance, she took a deep breath and encouraged herself.  She is already different.  This New Year, she should be able to harmonize the relationship at home.  Mom and Dad would understand her. 

Just as she raised her hand to knock on the door, it suddenly opened and she saw a few familiar faces behind the door.  Apparently, they were preparing to go out and on seeing Chen Ruo Yu, they shouted.  “Xiao Yu is back!”

Oh, Mother!  A houseful of people!  Her scalp began to feel numb!

Her Younger Auntie from another city, her Second Uncle, all her other uncles, and their respective families were also present.  Suddenly Chen Ruo Yu felt a little breathless.  How come all her relatives and their families are here to celebrate this year’s Spring Festival?  How is she going to have a talk with her parents?

Chen Ruo Yu’s luck was definitely not very good.  For the past few years, her relatives had celebrated in their respective homes each year but this year, all the families suddenly decided to change their venue and celebrate the Spring Festival in C-city.  Her Second Uncle and his family had also brought along the old Grandmother back home.  A large family celebrating the New Year should be a happy occasion and meeting the old Grandmother who she had not seen for a long time, she felt very happy.  But for her, the situation of being trapped with a group of elders was ~ crying without tears.

“Xiao Yu, your mother said that until now, you still don’t have a partner.  What is the matter?  Look at my family’s Lei Lei, she is getting married soon.”  This was spoken by an uncle, the younger male cousin of her father who had a loud voice. 

His daughter Lei Lei is almost thirty and for her to get married is normal, okay?  Chen Ruo Yu complained weakly and said in a small voice.  “I already have a boyfriend.”

But no one took notice of her words and everyone also magically did not hear.  Chen Mother also threw her a piercing glance. 

She sighed.  What did she do?  She really has a boyfriend!

“Xiao Yu, what kind of work are you doing now?  How much do you earn a month?  Your Second Cousin Brother is now very good and he is the Manager of a wine cellar L-city.  Now he has a house and a car.  What do you plan to do?”

This time, before Chen Ruo Yu could open her mouth to speak, she was glared at by Chen Mother.  She put a mandarin orange into Chen Ruo Yu's hand and was subtly telling her to shut up.  Chen Ruo Yu put a few mandarin orange segments into her mouth and did not speak.

“Xiao Yu, work is not important but for the matter of looking for a boyfriend, you have to make plans early.  To marry well is better than having a good job.  Auntie can introduce a few boyfriends to you, what do you say?”

Chen Ruo Yu swallowed the orange and hurriedly waved her hand.  “No, no need.  Thank you, Younger Auntie.  I really have a boyfriend.”

This sentence was once again magically ignored by everyone and Younger Auntie’s attention was distracted by Chen Mother.  Chen Mother said that originally there was a very good partner but Chen Ruo Yu was too busy at work and was not able to develop their relationship.  The result was Chen Ruo Yu was so unlucky that another girl was faster and caught him first.  If Younger Auntie has a few good partners to introduce to her, it is very good.  The elders can help her look over the conditions of the prospective partners.

So, Young Auntie laid out all the available unmarried young men in hand and the elders of the house began their lively discussion.  Chen Mother felt this one was not too good, and Second Uncle pompously said that based on Chen Ruo Yu’s condition, Chen Mother should not be too picky.  Chen Mother felt unhappy and pouted her lips.

The house was very noisy and no one bothered to ask for Chen Ruo Yu’s opinion.  Silently, she stuffed a piece of orange into her mouth and felt she could not breathe.

The old Grandmother who was sitting next to her reached out her hand to Chen Ruo Yu.  When Chen Ruo Yu turned her head and saw her, she quickly took the old lady’s hand.  The old Grandmother’s hearing was not very good and did not hear everyone’s words clearly.  She asked.  “Are they going to introduce a partner to you?”

“Grandma, I already have a boyfriend.”

“You have a boyfriend?”  Grandmother smiled.  “That is good.  What does he do?”

“Grandma, he is a doctor.”

“Doctor?  That’s good.  Is he good-looking?”

“Yes, Grandma.”

“Is he good to you?”

“Very good, Grandma.”

“What is his name?”

“His name is Meng Gu, Grandma.”

So while her Mother and the Elders discussed Chen Ruo Yu’s blind-date, Chen Ruo Yu had introduced Meng Gu to her Grandmother.  But it was not enough that only her Grandmother knows since her Grandmother is already old and confused.  After listening to Chen Ruo Yu talk about Meng Gu, the next day, she asked Chen Ruo Yu again.  “Xiao Yu, do you have a boyfriend?”

“I have a boyfriend, Grandma.”  Chen Ruo Yu said very patiently.  This time, the Elder who was sitting at the side heard her and helped Chen Ruo Yu to answer.  “Mom, you don’t have to worry.  Xiao Yu has a boyfriend, he as a good job and they are doing very well.”

“Oh…… Oh.”  The old woman who was holding a cane nodded.  “That’s right.  Xiao Yu’s boyfriend is a doctor.  Now I remember.”

“Yes, he is a doctor.”  Chen Ruo Yu touched her Grandmother’s wrinkled hand and smiled at her.

The Elder next to her again answered for Chen Ruo Yu.  “Yes, yes, he is a doctor.”  After that, the Elder whispered.  “Mom is getting more and more confused.  She even helped Xiao Yu to think of a doctor as her boyfriend.  Before this, I told her we were going back for the New Year and she kept on asking whether all of you were coming for the New Year.  When one is old, one is really useless.”

Chen Ruo Yu stroked her Grandmother’s hand and sighed. 

Because her relatives had all come, Chen Ruo Yu’s house was in chaos.  She squeezed into a bedroom with her Grandmother and her Younger Auntie and the two elders slept on the bed while she slept on the floor.  Her Second Uncle and his family slept in her brother’s bedroom while her brother was forced to sleep on the sofa in the living room. 

Her Grandmother and Younger Auntie snored throughout the night, one on a high note and one on a low note.  As she slept on the floor, it was difficult for her to keep warm and in addition with the two elderly’s snoring, she was not able to get a good night’s sleep these few days.  Her brother who slept on the sofa in the living room caught a cold on the third day.  When both of them complained to Chen Father, Chen Father told them to endure.  He said that since they were all a family, it was not nice for their relatives to stay in a hotel.  How can they ask their guests to stay outside and how will others look upon their family?  Can’t they entertain their guests for just a little while?

Chen Ruo Yu said she would invite them to stay at the hotel and she would pay for the bill.  As a result, Chen Father lectured her and asked her where her money came from.  Now your mother does not have the time to talk to you and when the relatives are gone, your parents will discuss this matter with you.  Inviting relatives to stay in a hotel is not purely about money and who do not have the money to stay in a hotel?  It is only for the convenience of others and inviting relatives to stay outside, how bad would that look?

Before Chen Ruo Yu could answer, he was called away by Chen Mother.

Chen Brother with a pitiful look felt both angry and helpless.  “What is ‘Who do not have money to stay in a hotel’?.......this is because they are stingy!  Everyone in the family is stingy!”

“You can go and stay in a hotel, Sister will pay for the hotel bill.”   Chen Ruo Yu could not go but she felt distressed for her brother. 

Chen Brother’s face lighted up with happiness and then felt depressed again.  Their parents would never allow it and even they have the money, they dared not stay outside.

“So fearful.”  Chen Ruo Yu expressed her disappointment.

“You are also fearful.”  Chen Brother also expressed contempt for her.  “You don’t dare to go together with me to resist the mighty power and only let me go alone.  I will not allow myself to become cannon fodder and let Mom scold me.”

Chen Ruo Yu frowned and knew she really did not dare.  Chen Brother said.  “We don’t need to feel inferior.  Look at Dad, isn’t he the same?  We have inherited this from him, so we can’t be blamed.”

On the same day, Chen Ruo Yu secretly called Meng Gu to tell him about this matter.  Meng Gu sighed.  “Your family is really a fearful lot……too useless.”

Chen Ruo Yu was not happy.  In her heart, she thought……if you have the ability, you can come over and experience this, then you’ll know.

But she did not expect Meng Gu would really come uninvited!

 

On the third day of the New Year, Chen Ruo Yu, Gao Yu Lan, and Yin Ze attended the classmate reunion gathering.  The theme of the class reunion was ‘Qi Na’s bullying versus Gao Yu Lan’s anti-bullying’.  Chen Ruo Yu only had a supporting role and therefore she did not feel any pressure.  She was also not worried for Gao Yu Lan because she had her Boss to protect and guard her by the side and it was not necessary for Chen Ruo Yu who was only holding a supporting role to appear in the show. 

So she, the supporting actress was at ease eating her food and watching the exciting show.  The class reunion was halfway through when an accident happened. 

Standing at the door of the reserved room was a figure which was very familiar.

Chen Ruo Yu was stunned and jumped with fright. 

Why is her Mr. Tyrannosaurus here?

“Whose family member is this?”  This is a class reunion and if he is not a classmate, then he must be a family member and if no one makes a claim for him, he will be kicked out!”

Meng Gu stared at Chen Ruo Yu with a look that said ‘If you don’t claim I’m your family member, I will kill you’. 

Chen Ruo Yu weakly raised her hand and said.  “He is mine.  He is my family member.”

20