Chapter 76 – A night together in C-city
10.5k 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The family member came in and sat down smugly.

Chen Ruo Yu started to feel the pressure.  “Why are you here?”  She whispered secretly.

The family member swept her a glance that was arrogant and overbearing.  “You didn’t invite me, so why can’t others invite me?”

In actual fact, he was just running an errand for Yin Ze to deliver a marriage proposal ring.  That guy had very early brought Gao Yu Lan back to C-city to fawn on his in-laws and he could not wait for the ring to be ready.  So he had asked Meng Gu for a favor to deliver the ring when it was ready. 

Chen Ruo Yu felt this man was really cunning.  Earlier, he had pestered her for a long time to bring him back to C-city with her and did not inform her that he had to run an errand for his friend.  He left this out to give her a fright and he was really annoying.

The family member glanced at the drink she was having and frowned.  “Didn’t I tell you not to drink Coke?  It’s unhealthy.”  Taking her glass, he finished off the remaining half glass and handed it to Yin Ze.  “Help her to change this to fruit juice.”

Chen Ruo Yu pursed her lips.  He is controlling her again, so hateful!

Yang Yang who was sitting beside her gave her a nudge, then threw a glance at Meng Gu before she secretly gave her a thumbs-up sign and smiled slyly.  Chen Ruo Yu blushed.  This man was really annoying and he did not give her time to psychologically prepare herself.  Now everyone knows, however, she actually felt relieved. 

She now also has a family member.  Suddenly she felt a little smug in her heart.

However, her family member was acting arrogantly throughout the class reunion.  He was singing in tune with Yin Ze, scolding others without reining in his vulgar words and gave pressure to Qi Na that couple, which made Chen Ruo Yu the center of attention. 

Chen Ruo Yu was overcome with bitterness.  She was prepared to stand on Gao Yu Lan’s side and she was not afraid of quarreling with Qi Na.  Okay, her skills in quarreling were very bad but once Yin Ze made his appearance, everyone who initially were willing to help had nothing to do with this matter anymore. 

But this was the worst plan that she had ever made and it did not include a ‘Good at quarreling and challenging is my best skill.’ boyfriend.

When Meng Gu scolded a word, everyone present looked at Chen Ruo Yu and finally after being looked at so many times, Chen Ruo Yu became numbed.  Having thick-skin needed practice and thanks to Mr. Tyrannosaurus for giving her a chance, she could now graduate.

She felt so humiliated and Yin Ze still blamed her.  He said that she made Meng Gu unhappy and Meng Gu deliberately vented out his anger by grabbing his limelight so that he did not have the chance to say anything.  

This is condemnation okay?  Obviously, it is these two thick-skinned member squad with uncouth mouths who meet a challenge and happily took it up. 

It really has nothing to do with this ‘fearful’ person, alright?

Chen Ruo Yu looked towards Gao Yu Lan and saw her looking warmly at Yin Ze.  Chen Ruo Yu’s thoughts were........Gao Yu Lan had changed......she had become confident and brave...... and the Gao Yu Lan who had fled with her head bowed had disappeared. 

What about herself?  Chen Ruo Yu trained her eyes at Meng Gu and saw him looking at her with dissatisfaction.  She was puzzled.  What had provoked him again?

She turned around and looked at the table of food and sighed.  Her Mr. Tyrannosaurus had only concentrated on quarreling and it seems he had not eaten anything.  She quickly picked up his bowl and scooped him a bowl of soup and then picked up several kinds of dishes and put them on his plate.

Meng Gu’s expression cleared up and finally, he smiled.

She also smiled.  Men are a kind of creature that is really easy to offend and easy to please.

The last part of the class reunion was to be Yin Ze’s proposal to Gao Yu Lan.  Chen Ruo Yu had always known Boss Yin Ze has a wacky talent but she never thought that his romantic talent was actually very high. 

He gifted Gao Yu Lan with a ring and said.  “The ring that I gave you the last time is considered my expression of love for you.  This is our engagement ring and when we get married, I'll buy you another ring.”  Gao Yu Lan was so touched that her eyes were gleaming with tears and Chen Ruo Yu was really happy for her good friend.

This man is really so considerate and in front of those people who had once held contempt for her, he had placed her very high up with the intention of erasing all the shadows in her heart.  It was really very touching.

The most wonderful part was with the engagement ring and he also gave her two bouquets of flowers.  One bouquet was assembled with rolled salmon slices and the other bouquet was assembled with vegetables.  Everyone was dumbstruck.  These foods could actually be turned into such a beautiful bouquet and all those roses and numerous flowers were not even comparable.

It was extremely romantic and the creativity made everyone felt very envious.

Tears flowed down Gao Yu Lan’s face and she hugged Yin Ze tightly.  Chen Ruo Yu felt so moved that she also wanted to cry.  So in this world, romantic men are still alive.

Meng Gu took the initiative to help Gao Yu Lan to hold her bouquets of flowers and Chen Ruo Yu thought that her man was also not bad.  At the crucial time, he could still be considerate towards others. 

But when Meng Gu turned around, he put aside the bouquet of vegetables and holding the bouquet of salmon slices, he said to Chen Ruo Yu.  “Quick, call the waiter to bring soya sauce and wasabi.”

Soya sauce and wasabi?  Really, he needed two slaps to wake him up!

As a result, he added.  “I can also use human model bones to assemble a novelty.”

Chen Ruo Yu’s face was full of black lines.  Does this man want to propose marriage with a bouquet of bones?  Who dares to marry him?

“You just wait and see.”  He actually said.

Chen Ruo Yu cried without tears.

She does not want a human bones bouquet…….absolutely not!

After the class reunion ended, Chen Ruo Yu ran away with Meng Gu pulling her along because Meng Gu had really called for soya sauce and wasabi.  He had also encouraged several people to eat the salmon bouquet together with him.  Fortunately, they were not eating hotpot or else the bouquet of fresh vegetables could not even be spared. 

After Yin Zhe had finished his love talk with Gao Yu Lan, and when he turned his head around, he finally saw the crime committed by Meng Gu.  With anger, he almost had a confrontation with his buddy.  The shameless Meng Gu laughed loudly, then pulled up Chen Ruo Yu and ran away.

“Quick, take me out on a date.”  He requested.  But after strolling down two streets, he noticed that Chen Ruo Yu was tired and remembered she had not slept well at home during this period of time, so he took her back to the hotel.

While she was lying on the big soft bed, she felt that having a boyfriend was really good.  She could have a place to secretly have a good sleep.

This sleep was so nice but later she had a dream.  In the dream, her mother said to her.  “Xiao Yu, I have brought your boyfriend.”  While her mother was speaking, she pulled out a string of men.

She was shocked and said.  “I really have a boyfriend……really.”  As she said, she quickly pulled out Meng Gu and as a result, she pulled out a string of Meng Gu.

She was surprised and her mother shouted.  “He is your boyfriend?”

She was about to reply ‘Yes.’ and suddenly her mother’s face had turned into Meng Father’s face.  “Did I agree?”

The sudden changes of faces frightened her and she suddenly woke up.  The moment she opened her eyes, Meng Gu’s face was right in front of her.  His face was similar to his father’s and he gave her a fright again. 

Meng Gu frowned and poked the spot between her eyebrows.  “You slept like a pig.  Why did you look so scared the moment you opened your eyes?”

Chen Ruo Yu had not calmed down and so she did not answer.  Meng Gu pulled her into his arms and patted her back.  “What’s wrong?  Dreaming?”

“Um…..”

“What did you dream about?”

“A string of boyfriends.”

“……”

After a while.  “Chen Ruo Yu, are your boyfriends all strung up?”

“……”

This time, Chen Ruo Yu was completely awake.

“Oh!…….what time is it?”  The room was in darkness and only the night lights on the wall were switched on. 

“It’s only five o’clock.”

“Did I sleep for so long?”  She screamed.  “I’m done for!  If I don’t return the whole night, my Mom will break my legs.”

“It’s not even night yet.  Where did the ‘whole night’ come from?”

“Isn’t it five o’clock?  It is going to be dawn soon.”  She turned her head and looked out of the window.  The thick curtains were drawn and nothing could be seen. 

“It is five o’clock in the afternoon and the sky is going to be dark.”  Meng Gu said testily and pinched her waist.

Chen Ruo Yu felt ticklish and shrank back, swatting his hands away.  He reached forward again, touched her waist and the more he touched, his hands moved higher. 

“Don’t mess around.”  She swatted him again.  This time, he obediently rolled away but soon rolled back and handed her cell phone to her. 

She let out a breath of relief and quickly took it from him.  She took a look and saw there were no missed calls.  It seems that her family did not look for her.

“Make a call home.”

“Okay.”  She also had thought of this.  Quickly, she asked what activities everyone was doing and told them she would be returning immediately.

“Tell your Mom that you will be sleeping in your classmate’s house tonight.”

“Ah?”  Chen Ruo Yu turned her head and saw Meng Gu’s eyes glowing like a wolf’s eyes.  Her face instantly turned red.  

He moved over and hugged her.  Biting her ear, he said.  “Don’t you miss me?”

She really missed him but she was afraid her legs would be broken.

“Go back tomorrow.  Tell your parents about me, do you understand?  Even if there are a lot of people in the house, you still have to tell them.  The more people know the better.”

Yi……were they not talking about tonight?  How come he is now talking about tomorrow?  But Chen Ruo Yu still nodded.  Since he is already here, of course, she must quickly tell her parents as soon as possible.

“I don’t have confidence in you handling this matter.  So stay here tonight.  I will instill in you some courage and energy.”

Why is it that every word sounded so normal but when spoken by Mr. Tyrannosaurus, the words sounded so abnormal?

Chen Ruo Yu pursed her lips and hesitated.

“Be good.”

With only a gentle word, Mr. Tyrannosaurus was able to settle Chen Ruo Yu.

Chen Ruo Yu’s brain became fuzzy and she called home to her family.  She lied that she was having a good time at the class reunion and decided to stay in her classmate’s house tonight and will not be going home.

Chen Mother was playing mahjong.  Her luck was not good and did not really care about her daughter.  If she does not want to come home then let it be and quickly hung up the phone.

She actually passed the obstacle so easily and Chen Ruo Yu was a little smug.  She took Meng Gu out to eat the specialties of C-city and visited the famous night market.  After a romantic date, they went back to the hotel for a sweet night.

There was no need to sleep on the floor, no one was snoring and her beloved Mr. Tyrannosaurus helped her to warm her bed.  Chen Ruo Yu felt happy and blessed, completely oblivious to the possibility of danger that lies ahead.

The next day, when she opened the main door of her house in a pleasant mood, she was dumbfounded. 

19