Chapter 81 – Stay together until we grow old
10k 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Chen Ruo Yu walked out of the restaurant, her footsteps seemed to be floating.  She recollected her first conversation with Meng Father and felt very ashamed. 

Isn’t she very stupid to say silly things as she chatted with the elders?  Is it really okay?  She had really wanted to present a look with cultured upbringing, dignity, grace, restraint and good disposition!

But in the end?

In the end, Chen Ruo Yu did not know what Meng Father was thinking because she could not read his mind nor was she able to see through him.

He did not laugh and that certainly meant he was not happy but looking at his expression, he did not look angry either.  With Chen Ruo Yu’s limited understanding of the elderly, she could not guess Meng Father’s views.

He did not say that he did not agree to the relationship between them neither did he say he agreed.  Anyway, after finishing their dinner, and after he had finished questioning her, the meeting ended.

Chen Ruo Yu was worried.  So the meeting has ended?  At least he should have given her the result, ah……….

She did not dare to ask Meng Father and Meng Mother directly so she turned to Meng Gu but this young Dr. Meng put on airs and did not answer her.  It was just that Chen Ruo Yu had battled with his cool father and it made him very happy. When he reached home, he started to behave roguishly the moment he entered the door.

“No.”  She did not want to do it.  She requested Mr. Tyrannosaurus to sing a song.  “Your father doesn’t like me.  My fragile heart is hurt, so you have to sing a song to comfort me.”

“Who said he doesn’t like you?”  Tyrannosaurus continued to behave roguishly.  “He didn’t say he doesn’t like you, so he should like you.” 

“Is that true?”

“Yes.”  He was very busy and quickly he carried his Chen Ruo Yu back to bed.

“Then……then……it is worth celebrating.  Let’s celebrate.”

“Yes, I am celebrating now.”  He placed a hickey on her collarbone and it looked pleasing to his eye.

“No, celebrating should be drinking and singing songs.”

Meng Gu was stunned.  Chen Ruo Yu had already pushed him away and she ran to the kitchen to get the wine.

Half an hour later, Meng Gu called his buddy Yin Zen.  “Brother, my family’s Chen Ruo Yu had drunk too much.”

“I know!”  Yin Ze’s voice was very fierce.  “I was just about to call you.  You rascal, why didn’t you control your family member properly and let her pick this time to call Lan Lan?   She really does not need to report to my Lan Lan what transpired between your parents and her.  We are very busy, don’t you know?”

“Get lost!  If I can’t be busy, then you can’t be busy or else my emotions will not be balanced.”

“F***k!  Do you want to die?!”  Yin Ze started to scold without reservation.

The two men bantered for ten minutes and they were actually not interested to carry on but that two women had still not finished talking on their phone.  It was really frustrating…….

“Is your Chen Ruo Yu so talkative when she is drunk?”

“Not only that, but she is also very sharp.”

“She is really not adorable.  My family’s Lan Lan is so much more adorable.”

“Get lost!  Once she is drunk, she can’t even remember anything.  How is she adorable?  Like my family’s Chen Ruo Yu, even if she is drunk, she can remember all that had happened.  She will never let me look for her for three years.”

“You rascal!  Wait until I get back to A-city and look for you to express my affection!”  Yin Ze bantered again with Meng Gu for another five minutes.  Then he could not bear it any longer and said.  “I’m going to bring her back to get busy with her.”

“I’m going too.”

Women, this kind of creature must be taught……..

 

After the Spring Festival, Chen Ruo Yu’s days were smooth sailing.

She ended the lease to her house and moved to Meng Gu’s home.  Then she and Meng Gu officially started living as a couple.

Her work went smoothly and she lived a relaxed life but the only thing she was ashamed of, was the matter regarding their marriage.

Her parents started to worry about her progress and asked her about the wedding date but she was uncertain about the attitude of Meng Gu’s parents.  Moreover, at present Meng Gu had not mentioned anything about their marriage.

Ever since Chen Mother and Chen Father had seen Chen Ruo Yu during the Spring Festival, from time to time, they would meet the young couple to have a meal but Meng Father had never clearly made any approach towards her.  

To be honest, Chen Ruo Yu did not know how to please the elderly.  Other than following Meng Gu home for visits, she really could not think of any other good methods. 

She thought that when she sent food to Meng Gu, she would also send food to Dean Meng but twice Dean Meng did not seem to feel happy.  He also told Meng Gu to let her know that Meng Mother was taking care of his food.   This made her feel a little embarrassed.  It seems as if she specifically was snatching away Meng Mother’s duty, so thereafter she did not dare to send again.

Then she also wanted to accompany the elderly to chat but she was not good at idle chatter.  She was also unable to join in and talk on the topics discussed by Meng Mother and Meng Father.  Occasionally, their talk would surprise her and the expression on Meng Father’s face made her regret she had talked too much.  So every time when they go to Meng Family’s home, she would only work quietly in the kitchen and cook.

Later, Chen Ruo Yu wanted to present a gift to show her filial piety, but in the Meng Family’s home, everything from fruits to health products was aplenty.  If one wanted to present a gift to Dean Meng, it was not only one or two items.  Chen Ruo Yu’s financial resources were already stretched thin.

But Chen Ruo Yu really wanted to butter up Dean Meng, so Meng Gu gave her an idea and told her that his parents were very loving and she should send some of her new flavor products to them.

Chen Ruo Yu was suspicious and was unable to believe him completely.  “Really?  Sending them this kind of gifts is really not a problem?”

“Of course.”  Meng Gu said confidently and boldly.  This made Chen Ruo Yu think that this Doctor Family is really broad-minded, bold and unrestrained.  So, as it was the case, she really listened to him and sent his parents a set of new flavor condoms.

Then……then Meng Father’s face……..Um, it should be said it was that expression on his face……  Chen Ruo Yu was really unable to describe it.

When they reached home, she was apprehensive and asked Meng Gu.  “Did I make a mistake?  You have been laughing all along and now you’re laughing like this.  Did you set me up again?”

“No, no, how can it be.”  When he saw his old man’s face with a deflated expression and as a son, he felt extremely cool.

“But, your parents at this age…….   I really don’t know how the life of a husband and wife at this age is like, so I really didn’t make a mistake by giving it to them, right?”

“If you want to know about life as a couple at that age, then you will have to stay together with me until we grow old and reach that age, then you will know.”

Chen Ruo Yu glared at him.  After glaring for a while, she could not help but laughed.  ‘Stay together until we grow old’…..those words sounded really sweet.

And today, when Meng Mother sent them out of the door, she told them that Meng Father had asked her…..the two people had already lived together for quite some time, so when are they planning to get their marriage license?

Does that mean Meng Father accept her?

Agree to take her as his daughter-in-law?

But why is it that it cannot be detected from his usual reaction?

Aiya, this old man is really cold on the outside but caring inside.  She wondered whether her family’s young Dr. Meng is the same when he is old.

Chen Ruo Yu bit her lip and stared at Meng Gu.  He was also watching her with a smile.

Hey, he really knows everything!

So Dr. Meng, are we going to grow old together?

15