Chapter 84 – Epilogue 1 – The Wedding
10.9k 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meng Gu and Chen Ruo Yu are getting married.

After a long series of negotiations, consultations, and discussions, Meng Gu finally pacified the parents of the two families, confirmed and finalized all the details.  All matters regarding the monetary gift, betrothal gift, dowry, wedding banquet, honeymoon and the guest lists for the wedding banquet, etc., and all related issues had been discussed with no further objections.

The matters concerning giving birth to children, raising children, the choice of schools and the placement of the elderly, were all swept aside by Meng Gu.  Since these matters had yet to happen, so it should not be included in their discussion and as a result, no one mentioned it again.

The questions on whether to continue working or stay home as a housewife, the division of housework, delegation of financial power, the delegation of other rights, were all private matters between husband and wife.  Since Meng Gu had said these issues were not within the scope of discussion with the elderly, so in the end, no one gave their opinion.

In short, when Dr. Meng brought out his charm and boldness in handling these matters and leading the discussion, the result was successful and satisfying.

Take for example the matter of agreeing to the date of the wedding.  After a series of talks between the elderly from the two families, they finally agreed unanimously on a good day and said it was an auspicious date.  Chen Ruo Yu had no objections but Meng Gu opposed it.  Everyone wanted to know why and this gentleman, without any change to his expression, said.  “That day is within Ruo Yu’s menstrual period.”

Suddenly, the elderly from the two families were shocked into silence.  After a while, they reacted and everyone had red faces.  Finally, they said awkwardly.  “Then……we will choose again.”

Chen Ruo Yu who was sitting beside them had not figured it out yet, so she quickly said.  “It doesn’t matter.  Although it will be a bit inconvenient, I can overcome it.”

“I can’t overcome it.”  Meng Gu said.

Chen Ruo Yu frowned.  What has her menstrual period to do with him?  Why does he need to overcome it?  After thinking for a long time, when everyone had finally agreed on a new date, it suddenly became clear to her.  @#$%^&*!   So embarrassing!  She really wanted to pull Mr. Tyrannosaurus over to give him a good spanking on his ass.  How can he speak like this?

Finally, after all the matters were settled, Chen Ruo You came to a conclusion.  To be able to win in negotiations, it was necessary for a person to be thick-skinned and brave enough to speak up.  So Chen Ruo Yu summoned up her courage and told her husband, Dr. Meng that their wedding photos should be taken after the wedding.

What is the meaning of this?  How can wedding photos be taken only after the wedding?  What about the portrait display at the wedding and the portrait display in the bridal chamber?  Who holds a wedding without wedding portraits?  Meng Gu was very unhappy.

Moreover, his Chen Ruo Yu did not help in dealing with the elderly of their two families regarding their wedding arrangements.  She just drank tea, ate melon seeds and watched them, at the same time brazenly said that she has Elderly Parental Phobia.  She said she was unable to handle the highly difficult task of convincing the elderly parents to coordinate in a harmonious relationship. 

If she does not help, it does not matter but then, what is this additional chaos she is trying to stir up?

“There are so many of these celebration pictures that can be used at the wedding.  Why do we have to use our wedding photos?”  Chen Ruo Yu’s words made Meng Gu think she was looking for excuses.

“Then what is the reason that you have for taking the photos after the wedding?”

“Because I want to give you a surprise.”

“Have you forgotten?  You only give me frights but never any surprises.”

“So that is why I want to do it at least once……..give you a surprise!”

Chen Ruo Yu was very insistent and in the end, Meng Gu compromised but soon he discovered that his compromise was a mistake.  He did not get to see his bride in her wedding gown at all. 

It turned out that Chen Ruo Yu said she did not want to take wedding photos was because of this.  Not only did she not take the wedding photos, she even did not put on her wedding gown and adornment for him to have a look.  She refused to let him see.

As the wedding drew closer, Meng Gu became more worried.  His family’s Chen Ruo Yu would not plan to spring a surprise on him on their wedding day, would she?  As a result, will there be an unexpected mishap?  With her usual style of doing things, this possibility is too great.  At any other times, he can let her off but if she makes a mess of their wedding, he will really spank her on her ass!

He gave a serious warning to Chen Ruo Yu and told her it is best to discuss with him in advance if there is any situation.  Otherwise, if she ruins his wedding, he will really be angry. 

“Don’t worry, don’t worry.”  Chen Ruo Yu comforted him.  “Even if I ruined mine, I won’t ruin yours.”

“Yours is mine…….”  Meng Gu reminded her.

“Then you don’t have to worry.  It is my own wedding, I am very serious.”

“You just said, even if you ruin yours, you’ll not ruin mine.”  Meng Gu reminded her again.  Do this woman’s words have any logic?

“What is mine is yours.”  She repeated his words again.  Meng Gu felt his breath tightened.

“I promise, heads can roll, blood can flow* but nothing will go wrong with the wedding.”  Chen Ruo Yu beat her chest to reaffirm her words.

(Heads can roll, blood can flow means no matter what happens, nothing will hinder the progress and result of the work.)

Meng Gu’s temples were drumming.  He really did not know what else to say.  She still said heads can roll, blood can flow…….does she think the wedding is a battlefield?  He decided to leave this woman alone.  Anyway, he will absolutely spank her ass if there is any problem, so she has to do her best. 

But Chen Ruo Yu who had spoken up so boldly came to talk to him a few days later. 

“Dr. Meng, I discovered I have wedding phobia.”

“Don’t worry.  You only get married once in your life.”

“That’s also true.”

Chen Ruo Yu’s remark made Meng Gu surprised.  What does she mean by ‘That’s also true.’?  Is she going to get married a few more times?

“But my phobia is not for the number of weddings, so your comfort is not focused on the point.”

“I’ve no intention of comforting you, alright?”

“The ability to comfort one’s wife is a basic skill that a husband must possess.”

“There are times when one does not want to exercise that skill.”

Chen Ruo Yu stared at him.

“Keeping a husband’s heart at ease is also the basic responsibility that a wife must accomplish.”  Meng Gu threw back at her.

“I did.  I followed all the rules and I am serious.  I’m conscientious and dedicated to this cause and I’ll do my best until the end of my life.”

“That’s excellent!  You have determination and boldness, so you will be able to overcome a little phobia.”  In short, if she does not want to tell him what she intends to do at their wedding, he will not indulge her.

Such a petty man!  Chen Ruo Yu felt unhappy but her determination to surprise him on the wedding day did not waver.  She will not act spoilt anymore, she must keep it a secret and she must have the strength to carry this through.

Before the wedding day arrived, Chen Ruo Yu had to go through many tests.  She exercised, went on a diet and research on various kinds of fashion information.  She chose her shoes, chose her dress, chose her accessories and tried on makeup.  She was not only busy with all of these, but she was also busy keeping Meng Gu in the dark and tried not to let him find out.

On the other hand, Meng Gu was busy with his work and could not take leave, so many of the wedding preparations had to be handled by her.  She also had a job of her own and every day she had to cook and clean and as a result, she lost a lot of weight.

However, she was secretly rejoicing because keeping busy was able to cover up for her weight loss and she hoped Meng Gu would not find out about her actions.

But Meng Gu still was able to notice something was wrong.  “Chen Ruo Yu, besides dieting, what else are you doing to lose weight?”

“No, I didn’t.  It’s just that recently I’ve been very busy and once I’m busy, I’ll become slimmer.”

“You still want to argue?”  Meng Gu was very dissatisfied.  “Slim is thin, admit it but how can you slim down in places where you’re not supposed to slim down?”

He held up his big hand and deliberately made a kneading motion.  Suddenly Chen Ruo Yu realized his meaning and she blushed. 

“Actually, you are not fat, so why did you go on a diet?  If you continue to lose weight, you’d better watch out.  If you exploit my welfare, I will deal with you.”

This night, Chen Ruo Yu cried without tears because she was dealt with by the person who warned her.  The doctor took advantage that the next day was his rest day and he need not have to get up early, so he tossed her this way, that way and then that way, this way.  The physical exertion was too great and the next day, she was unable to ride her exercise bike as planned.  She secretly tried on the dress again and it looked just right.  It is really not good to continue to lose weight.  The dress will also not look good on her without the support of her chest.

Just like this, practicing care and maintaining her figure, the day of the wedding finally arrived.

According to the plans as negotiated, the two families will first hold the wedding banquet in A-city and then two weeks later, there will be another wedding banquet in C-city.

Chen Ruo Yu’s parents had arrived in A-city earlier and they stayed in Meng Gu’s home.  One day before the wedding, Meng Gu had gone back to his parents’ home to stay.  The next day he was supposed to go back to his apartment leading his motorcade to pick up his bride.

That night, the two young people did not sleep well.

Without Chen Ruo Yu squeezing in beside him, without her leg draped over his body and holding on to his arm, Meng Gu actually felt very uncomfortable since he was accustomed to having her by his side.  He felt as if something was missing and tossing and turning in his bed, he felt as if there was something wrong with his sleeping posture.

Chen Ruo Yu looked at the wedding dress hanging in the room and she was so nervous she could not sleep.  She had worked hard for so long and tomorrow nothing must go wrong.  And also, it is best that her Mr. Tyrannosaurus gives her the reaction that she is hoping for otherwise, she will definitely be greatly disappointed and sad.   However, the point is not this.  The focus is on him and she really hopes that he will like it.

The next day, the wedding car had arrived to pick up the bride.  When Meng Gu came to pick up Chen Ruo Yu, he was well-dressed and looked handsome. 

After a series of obstacles*, he finally was allowed into the bedroom to see his bride.

(Obstacles here mean games that are set up by the bridesmaids to prevent the bridegroom from getting to see the bride easily. The games are set by the bridesmaids and are played by the bridegroom and his buddies who come along to support the groom.)

Meng Gu’s heart was beating a little fast.  He carefully opened the door and saw a pretty figure wearing a white wedding gown in the room.  Behind him, the crowd of people was trying to squeeze in and sneak a peek.  Meng Gu did not feel like sharing with them and suddenly shut the door.

He turned back into the room and saw Chen Ruo Yu smiling at him.

On her slender figure, she wore an elegant and beautiful wedding gown and the makeup on her face was exquisite and perfect.  This is a completely different Chen Ruo Yu.

Meng Gu’s heart was suddenly filled with an inexpressible emotion.  He was surprised that she could be so beautiful and now he understood her intention of keeping this a secret.

His Chen Ruo Yu is really stupid and cute!

He stood there staring at her and he even began to feel his eye rims become a little hot.  She had put so much effort into this.  She is the most beautiful bride.

“Chen Ruo Yu, you are very beautiful.”  Meng Gu stayed there for a long time.  He was emotionally moved. His eyes were so full of his feelings and it made Chen Ruo Yu feel proud.

“Yeah!”  She rushed over to him and not caring about her image, she embraced him, holding him tightly.  “I told you, I will give you a surprise.  In this life, I will only marry once and no matter what, I will surely give you a surprise, right?”

“Right.”

“If I had let you see this earlier, you will surely not feel anything special about this.  No feelings at all, right?  Dr. Meng, I am smart, aren’t I?  I gave you my best image and engraved it into the memories of your most important day.”

“Mrs. Meng, let me remind you, today is also your most important day.”

“Mine is also yours.  Do you still have to mention this?”  She smiled proudly without restraint.  “Dr. Meng, hurry up and praise me once again.”  She felt very happy and was jumping with joy.

Meng Gu hugged her and smiled.  “Chen Ruo Yu, you are very beautiful.  The only thing is that your temperament is a bit poor.”   Which bride is like her, jumping around like a monkey?

“Hey!”  She stopped jumping, stared at him and hit him hard.  Is that the way to praise people?

“And also a bit fierce.”  He continued to smile.

She did not stare at him anymore and her face showed her anger.

“Your expression is a bit too lively.”  He smiled until his eyes were curved.

Chen Ruo Yu pursed her lips and wanted to criticize him for picking on the bride’s faults on their wedding day.  In the end, Meng Gu pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly.  “Chen Ruo Yu, did I ever tell you that you are very cute?”

“Yes.”  He had already praised her for being beautiful, so he could only praise her for being cute.  What is there to be proud of?

“You are very cute.”  Meng Gu hugged her and whispered into her ear.  “Whether or not you have makeup on or whether you have made yourself beautiful or not, you are still very cute.”

Chen Ruo Yu’s body softened and she felt the sweetness in her heart.

“I love you very much.”  He said.  Chen Ruo Yu closed her eyes and her eye rims turned hot.

Really hateful!  How can there be such a hateful man!  What if he makes her cry and ruin her makeup?  It took her a long time and a lot of effort to get this perfect makeup!

He is too annoying!  She feels like crying.  Meng Gu, you bad guy!

She inhaled sharply, resisted the urge to cry and warned him not to talk anymore.  He must not make her cry or else the consequences would be serious.

In the end, Chen Ruo Yu did not cry but she still had to spend some time to repair her makeup.

Because her makeup was ruined by the bridegroom! ! !

21