Prologue: Death and Transference
1.4k 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“.…iel!”

"…Huh?…"

“Quickly call for a doctor!”

"Why is it so…noisy?"

Noise berates my ears...but it is acconpanied by an awful ringing...it won't stop.

...What's going on? I can't even lift my arms

"…What happened?…"

“Yuriel, stay with me! Don’t fall asleep!”

Someone is calling out...but it shouldn't be me...

"Ah… That’s right…I got run over by a truck that suddenly ignored the stoplight…I remember that my body went flying through the air but other than that… everything went dark before I even landed…but who is this Yuriel?…My name is…what was my name again?"

As I try to recall memories that won’t seem to return, my eyelids slowly closed. And my mind was quickly enveloped in darkness...the last thing reflected in my eyes is an older man holding me in his arms.

"Looks like the transfer was a success"

Inside my cloudy mind, I could hear someone’s voice speaking…

"Who are you?", I asked the disembodied voice.

"Looks like you can still hear me. Since I don’t have much time left, I will say this quickly. I placed you in a different body. One that’s from a completely different world than your previous one"

"What are you talking about?"

"To put it bluntly, you weren’t supposed to die yet, but due to a error on my part, your physical form got caught up and died.

I already got the permission of the original owner of the body that you’re in, so you will have to deal with starting off again as a 9 year old child"

"Wait…Who are you…why?…"

Being unable to keep my consciousness any longer, everything slowly turned foggier as seconds pass…

"Looks like your soul is already settling in. That should be my cue to leave… By the way, the original owner of that body wanted me to tell you that he hopes you live in his stead. Additionally, try not to die too early. It was a pain to make that world's goddess to agree with this after all. It would just be a waste of my effort if you die from something unreasonable"

"Wa-Wait!...-"

18