Chapter 2: Family (Age 9)
1.2k 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feeling the sun's rays peeking in from the room's curtains, I slowly opened my eyes and scanned my surroundings.

Compared to how my body felt yesterday, I feel slightly better. My limbs are moving like it should though it still felt somewhat heavy.

"!!"

"Bam!

As soon as I tried to stand up, my legs gave out. My body felt so weak that I couldn't even muster the strength to stand up.

“Are you okay, young master!?”

A woman suddenly entered my room. It was Claire, my maid. It seems like she was just about to enter the room when she heard me hitting the dresser beside my bed.

“Carefully now”

“Thank you, Claire”

“I will go grab your wheelchair”

Sitting me atop the bed, Claire swiftly moved to one corner of the room, where a wheelchair was placed on stand by.

“Where do you wish to go, young master?”, she asks as she helps me sit on the chair.

“My body feels somewhat sticky, could you please bring me to a place where I can wash up?”

The odor of my body reeks of sweat and a bit of blood, so I want to quickly fix that.

“Please let me to do that〖Bubble Wash〗

With her palm facing towards me, Claire’s hand started to shine a light green glow. The disgusting feeling that clung on to my body quickly disappeared as soon the light from her palms disappeared.

"...", I stared at Claire who had a calm smile on her face.

“Um, young master?”

“What was that!?”, I asked her excitedly.

“Eh? Ah! I-It is a daily life magic called Bubble Wash. It is a basic spell that removes the dirt and sweat off of a person’s body. It is quite a useful spell for washing oneself when water is unavailable. Its only downside is that it does not give the satisfying feeling of actually getting washed”

“Could I be able to do that!?”

She shows me an amused smile before answering.

“I believe that young master is already at the age where learning magic is possible. If young master were to request it then I will immediately inform Master Simon”

“Waa~!”

While was looking forward at the prospect of learning magic, Claire smiled gently and started changing my clothes for me.

I was initially surprised but I pushed aside my embarrassment and simply allowed her to do it.

I really can’t move my body that well right now, so her help is well appreciated.

It might also be because my body is that of a child now but I don’t get sexually excited by being clothed by this beautiful grown woman.

I started to wonder until when will be I clothed like this every morning. Claire may not mind it but I do.

After properly dressing me up, Claire pushed me down the corridor on my wheelchair while I took in the sights outside the window.

Looking at my surroundings, we seem to be living in a rather large mansion, but even then, there’s not much decorations placed around to show our wealth. Does this family prefer to keep it simple rather than being luxurious?

As Claire continued to push my wheelchair, we pass by servants who would then stop what they were doing in order to bow towards my direction. I felt awkward by the actions but I buried that feeling and tried to get used to the feeling.

Before long, we finally arrived at a room that seems to be the dining room.

“Yuriel!”

Immediately after entering the room, mother; who was having her breakfast, quickly moved to my side.

My thoughts quickly halted when I properly saw mother’s appearance. I wasn’t wrong to think that she was gorgeous woman when I first saw her.

With a face that look like it was sculpted by an artist, she had the aura of a high-class lady that men and women would both fawn over.

I still find it hard to believe that this person is now my mother, it’s harder to believe that she is someone who’s already past her late thirties with four children.

“Are you sure you are fine being out of bed?”

Mother worriedly asks me as she crouches down to meet my gaze.

“Please don’t worry, mother. Other than being sluggish due to being bedridden, I feel fine”

I smiled gently in order to show that I was fine.

“Do not push yourself, okay? Here, sit next to mother. I will feed you”

Mother seems to really dote on me as she immediately placed my wheelchair next to her seat without waiting for my reply.

“Here. Chew slowly, okay?”

She brings a spoon close to my mouth but I refused by raising my hand.

“Please let me do it myself, mother. I could at least do this much by myself”

“Are you sure? Mother is fine with doing this, you know?”

“Yes. I’m sorry but please let me do this”

“...Very well…try not to overexert yourself, okay?”, though she was reluctant to do so, she pulled back her spoon and allowed my request.

She was attentive of me while she ate, but she didn’t do anything and simply watched. Mother was being respectful of my request but the worry in her eyes wouldn’t vanish.

“...”

Maybe because this body was immobile for some days or maybe I didn’t have much physical strength to begin with, it was hard to even lift up my cup.

I still tried my best but I grew tired after a few more times.

I should really be in bed so that I can slowly recover but I wanted to find out more about the place I am in, sooner rather than later.

“...”

My brows furrowed as soon as I place the oatmeal-like food in my mouth.

“Is there something wrong with the food, dear? The head chef made it so that your food would be easy to digest”

“Um…I’m sorry. It is nothing. The food is… delicious”

The food isn’t really bad... but the taste is just too bland.

Is this world’s culinary level low or is it simply because my body hasn’t fully recovered yet? Is my sense of taste is distorted because I haven't eaten for three days? I guess I’ll investigate it at another date.

When I finished my breakfast, mother formed a gentle smile on her face.

“Well done, dear”, she said as she gently caressed my head.

It was rather embarrassing to be praised just because I finished eating my breakfast by myself, but I still gave her a smile.

“Your father is currently handling important matters at the castle, so it is a shame that he couldn’t see you”

“I am sure that father is worried about me but he is an important person of this country. It could not be helped that father had to leave for work”

Mother smiles once more before placing a hand on my cheek.

“That is right”

Feeling the gentle sensation of her hand caressing my cheek, I felt warm inside.

This was my first time feeling such an emotion from a parent. My own parents didn’t really give any parental affection to me or my sister. At most, they showed it using monetary means or just gifts that we didn’t ask for. The only paternal affection that I felt came from the nanny that lived with us.

As I warmly accepted mother’s caressing touch, she looked at one of the servant before nodding at one of them. It was only a short moment after when the servant returned with a small bottle of yellow liquid.

“Now that you have finished eating, mother wants you to drink this”, she removes cork on the bottle and shows a uncomfortable expression.

“Um?…”

“It is a recovery potion that the doctor left for you to drink. Even though it has such an odor, I wish for you to endure it”

Hearing her words, I cautiously took the bottle from her hands. The smell of the contents immediately entered my nose.

“Urgh!”

Immediately after I did that, the horrid smell almost made me regurgitate the meal that I just had.

"Eugh…It smells like rotten fish and eggs combined with spoiled milk"

"Do I really have to drink this?", is what I thought but when I look at mother, she was worriedly looking at me.

Sucking in my breath, I quickly drank the disgusting medicine.

"Ugh.."

It tasted horrible and it felt like I was going to puke it out if I didn’t focus on it.

Well it wasn't all that bad. The moment after bearing the horrid taste, I felt my body slowly become lighter. It was as if my body became lighter and healthier in just that short moment.

Maybe because mother noticed my expression, she quickly placed her hand on my back then spoke.

“The potion heals your body but it does not heal it completely. You will still need to take time before you are back to normal”

“Un”, I nodded my head as I focused on breathing out the disgusting feeling inside my throat.

Just as I was going to grab a drink to cleanse my palate, the door swung open and two pairs of footsteps quickly approached me.

““Yuri!””

And from there shouted two young girls.

18