A Decision
4.3k 13 119
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Make sure to check my other novels if you want to: Brand New Life Online: A VRMMO Slice of Life Adventure and Reborn As A Ghost: Time To Build My Undead Army! (A LitRPG Monster Evolution Story) Also, if you like my novels feel free to leave a <3 in the chapters you read, alongside a comment, that also helps!

-----

After that deep conversation, we decided to take it easy. Of course, now that I learned all of this, that didn’t mean I would begin hating my parents and resent them for their mistakes and decisions. If I had been in the same situation as them, I would have also committed many mistakes. After all, I’m not a perfect person either. I’m filled with flaws everywhere. You could say I’m incredibly flawed, even.

I suppose we’re all flawed at the end. Then again, this world we live in was filled with tragedies but there are also a lot of beautiful things in exchange. Perhaps all these flaws are what makes humans so unique by themselves. The very flaws of my parents were also what brought me to life, so it could be said that I’m the children of their bad decisions.

But that’s fine… we’re a new generation now. Perhaps, as the new heroes, we could make things different. After hearing all of this, only a blazing flame began to grow inside of my heart, a blazing flame filled with conviction about a new future I want to build myself.

Am I being too selfish by thinking that I could change the future? That I could even do something to change the entire world by myself? Yeah… a lot. Well, also being a bit delusional… and stupid... ignorant, childish, and perhaps very egocentric. But I still want to try it out. I knew I had the power. I know I can grow even stronger and use this strength on something else than just “slay the demons and get done with it”… I want to help them this time around.

If my parents couldn’t do it, why can’t I do it myself? I don’t just want to do what they didn’t do or solve the problems they left behind. I just wanted to do my own thing and help these people I pity, these people that were discriminated against and slaughtered unfairly by the greed of these people… of this damn continent.

Do I want to be a hero or something? Well, I was given the Title of a Future Hero, so I don’t know if I can even reject it. The power of the gods goes beyond my scope. But this doesn’t mean I will be playing in the palm of their hands. Nonetheless, if I ever become a figure that others might refer as a hero, I will not simply protect humans. I want to really make a change in the future. If possible, I’ll become the hero of demons, of beast-kin, of elves… I don’t simply want to protect one race, I want to see if I can help anybody, not just based in their kin. Maybe if I was just a common farm girl with no talent or powers, I wouldn’t even be having this thought, but based in this power I have, which could quite possibly change things in a bigger scope than I can even imagine… I don’t think its fair to simply lay low forever. Though, it fills me with insecurity and fear to think I would embark in such a long journey.

Of course, I won’t do it now, nor tomorrow, perhaps not even in many years. But I want to… at the very least, help the people that might need help with the strength I have I am slowly cultivating… I don’t see any point in being strong only to oppress the weak. I only see it as something unfair because I was also weak and oppressed back then. I won’t do the same thing that humans do… I will use this strength to go against the gods’ plans. I won’t become their puppet, nor would I throw the demons on the chopping board.

There are many things I have yet to understand and learn about this world, many things I have yet to learn. I have a lot of things I want to actually comprehend, to see the other side of the spectrum. To see the point of perspective of those at the losing end… is that bad? Am I insane to think that there could be a way for humans and demons to get along?

Perhaps there are others with the same thoughts I have, but due to the fear of being chased, they haven’t done much… after all, the entire continent of Gallatea was filled with powerful humans everywhere. Opposing them was opposing an entire continent’s worth of power.

However, I want to see it… I will also travel across Gallatea one day… I want to travel to all around the world and see everything for myself, to know people and to learn how they live. What do they do to survive, and see if I can use all this strength I have and might have in the future to do something for them…

I’m not really a righteous heroine… I know… but… I just want to see for myself if there are other things I could possibly do to help others. Perhaps this is the same selfish thought all heroes have at the beginning, but I’m not really a child anymore… mentally speaking. I’m an adult at this point, and my considerations and thoughts have a deeper meaning than empty dreams without any base.

I won’t be rash, and I’ll try to be more thoughtful of my actions. I’ll slowly try to find clues, learn more, and ultimately, act accordingly after I finally learn the full picture… I will act accordingly after I learn the truth from both sides. I want to learn more about this beautiful world I was thrown into by accident.

Of course, not only for me, but for them as well.

While we were having dinner in silence, I spoke my mind out rashly, boldly, and rather childishly.

“I won’t kill the demons!” I blurted out all of a sudden.

“Eh?”

“Huh?”

“A-Ah?”

“S-Sylph?”

All four of the former heroes looked at me with surprise. From the looks of it, they had the same question. What did I mean by this?

Of course, I plan to fight against those that have ill will against me. After all, I am quite ruthless. If I’m given the chance, I will make sure that those that try to harm me have no chance to return in the future… death would be the only thing that would await them.

But to everyone else? I won’t even land a hit! The demon race are not baddies, they’re people! So, I won’t kill those people. I won’t kill the demons.

-----

119