Can Spirits Eat Food?
3.8k 5 100
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-----

My mother talked about her family for only a small bit, so I can’t make too many assumptions. However, it seems there’s some family drama going on between them. I don’t know what the problem may be, but from what I could infer, they aren’t on good terms with mom… well, at least most of her siblings.

She’s in good terms with my aunt, her older sister, who she talked about a bit. Apparently, she’s one of the people that sent her things through that teleportation item where they transfer items around.

I do wonder how my elven family is like and what they would think about me… I wonder if my mother has ever spoken to them about me? Wait, isn’t my mother royalty? Wouldn’t that make me a princess?

“Mom, aren’t you a royalty in that kingdom? Does that make me something as well?” I asked.

“Oh… w-well…” muttered my mother as she began to ponder this question.

“Indeed! You are an elven princess, Sylphy! Isn’t that cool?” father said in response. He seemed to have already known.

“Oh, really?! Then, I am royalty! Maybe we should get there sooner than we want to so I can be treated like a princess…!” I could not help but say.

“N-NO!”

BAM!

“…”

“…”

My mother suddenly stopped our excitement as she hit the table in desperation. Her eyes were all crazy. I had never seen her like that other than that time I was pretty much dead when I fought against Hell.

“W-What’s wrong, mom?” I asked.

“Faylen?” Naturally, father was also worried.

My mother suddenly gasped as she realized she had gone out of control. After that, she sighed as she suddenly began to look at me with pity in her eyes. It was as if I was someone that had to be pitied by her or something. What’s going on?!

After that, she calmed down and took a few deep breaths.

“N-Nothing. I went a bit… overboard there. I… it’s hard to talk about it… it’s just… I don’t think that place would welcome you as easily as you think, my daughter… you’ll need to grow a bit stronger so they can recognize you by your strength,” mother told me.

“Eh? But aren’t I a princess?” I asked in response.

“Yeah! Sylphy’s also an elf. What’s the big deal?” my father also asked, albeit angrily, crossing his arms.

“The big deal is… well, you’re obviously an idiot and don’t remember, don’t you?” my mother said in response.

“Remember? Remember what?” he asked again.

“Sigh…”

My mother sighed again, drinking some tea before suddenly petting my head and kissing my forehead.

“It doesn’t matter… No matter what, my dear, you’re the most important thing in my life… no matter what others will say about you,” she said to me after that.

“Huh? What would others say about me?” I asked, totally clueless.

“…it’s complicated. Let’s not talk about this until you’re older and we get closer to getting there… I wouldn’t like to annoy you with this… it’s not worth talking about,” mother said in response.

“Geez, you’re acting all secretive all of a sudden, Faylen! Just tell us already…” father could not help but say after that.

“No! I won’t… now finish off your breakfast. I worked very hard making it! The Pizza is going to get cold!” said my mother, taking a bite from her pizza slice as the cheese became stringy.

My mother seemed dead serious about all of this, so I decided not to pursue the situation. She was even more strict than my father and often when she decided something, nothing could change her thoughts about it nor her opinion. My father knew this more than me as he was her husband.

With that, I sighed as I drank some tea before enjoying the pizza again. The delicious combination of flavors quickly made me forget the uncertainty and concern I felt inside my heart. However, despite that, I still had my own doubts and wondered what all of that was about.

What was my mother talking about? And why would the people of Atlanta, specifically the Evergreen Kingdom where she belonged, say about us? What’s wrong?

I was still new to this world, so I couldn’t even fathom to see the big picture yet. I cannot really guess accurately either, so I’m left hopeless, wondering what the heck I should do now. Then again, the answer was rather obvious. Train, train, and train until my entire body bleeds… then continue training even after that. After all, there’s no point going around it.

In any case, I’m still here to enjoy life with my family even through all of that… after all I went through against Hell, it made me realize how fragile life was, even for the daughter of the Heroes…

Perhaps my life was even more dangerous due to that, because I’m the daughter of the ones that everyone wanted to kill… even as of now, there must be many demons that hate the Heroes after all they did to them… I cannot really think clearly about this, but I don’t want to make either side hate me.

However, just because my parents committed mistakes, that doesn’t mean I’ll commit the same mistakes, right? With that, I have to work hard to clean their name even with the demons themselves…

One day… for sure, I’m going to do it.

But for now, this pizza is not going to eat itself!

“Oi. You’re not sharing?” asked Ignatius angrily.

“Can a Spirit eat?” I wondered.

“Hmm… I think some can,” my father replied.

“Let’s give it a try. Salamander, eat this,” said my mother soon after, offering Ignatius a piece of salami.

“Ooohhh!”

Ignatius stuck his little jaw out of the cracks in the egg and caught the salami, eating it. From his expression, it seemed he found it tasty.

“This is good! What meat is this?!” he asked.

“Dragon!” my mother replied while smiling, as if enjoying the entire situation.

“D-Dragon?!” Ignatius cried, almost vomiting what he just ate.

“We hunted down a Blue Dragon the other day, so there’s still a lot of meat,” father said soon after.

“Oh, a Blue Dragon, huh. That’s fine, then,” Ignatius said after that, deciding to eat some more of the salami.

Huh… are Red and Blue Dragons enemies by any chance?

-----

100