The Little Monster Hunter
2.4k 1 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-----

Well, okay, maybe I was a bit reckless there. Because of that, I was being followed by around three six-limbed lizards out of nowhere. On second thought… I was totally reckless there. But how could you blame me? I just wanted to map my paper! What's wrong with that?

Oh well. Time to show them that I'm not a little rabbit they can easily follow until I get tired and have an easy meal. I've already analyzed these lizards long ago with the power of my Heavenly Sight. Through it, I detected that their power level was not as high, but they were certainly strong.

In this world, there were also classifications for beasts. Thankfully, they go by tiers the same way as magicians do with their magic circles and superhumans with their super strength. Tier 1 Beasts would be on equal terms with a Tier 1 Magician, although the magician might have the advantage.

Of course, there were 10 ranks in each tier, which made it the matchup more complicated than it was. These lizards were all Tier 2, with some even at Tier 3.

The three following me were two Tier 2s and a Tier 3. Normally, one would wonder how a girl at Tier 1 can beat these three giants, right? It would be hopeless, right? Well, the fact that I'm faster than them should already say a lot as to how tiers are not always the deciding factor in winning.

There are also things such as equipment, weapons, fighting techniques, strategy, and above all, cheat abilities. My endless mana is a good cheat ability, my skills even more so. Even if I only have a few of them, they can be conjured without necessity for chanting, with their effects often being immediate.

I was already looking 2 seconds into the future through Heavenly Sight. With that, I easily jumped around, evading the upcoming bites of the lizards as they neared me.

"GROAR!"

CHOMP!

"Oops, a bit too slow there, bud!"

"RAR!"

CHOMP!

"Not yet! Add a bit more effort there…"

"GRAAA!"

CHOMP!

"That one almost got me, but it didn't!"

I had trained my previous life in the arts of evasion and acrobatics. I had simply applied it to work in here, allowing me to easily jump around and evade their attacks.

After that, I quickly unsheathed my bronze blade and used Ember a hundred times, shaping the countless tiny flames into a mass of blazing fire covering my blade.

FLASH!

This was one of the few techniques I've learned from father, covering his own blade with fire and then attacking with it, it was simply named Blazing Blade Arts.

"Do you like fire?"

I infused mana into my blade as the flames covering it suddenly intensified, growing larger and fiercer.

I jumped above the ground and spun around, enhancing my body with Metabolism Acceleration to increase my agility, as well as my senses and body to new heights.

SLASH!

I swung my blade one time, but that one swing was like three at the same time. Thanks to my daily training, I've been able to do multiple swings of my blade per second. Because of that, this had suddenly given me the superhuman ability of unleashing three slashes of my blade in a single one through an incredibly swift flick of the wrist.

SLASH! SLASH! SLASH!

"Graaahhh?!"

"Grooarr…!"

"Gryyyeeh…"

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

The three flaming slashes reached the three lizards in an instant while I began to fall from midair. Seeing that, I infused flames into my feet and jumped through the air itself, reaching the back of one of the burning lizards as the other two companions he had looked at me furiously. They had tough scale armor, so these simple flames wouldn't be enough to pierce through them.

"GROAR!"

"GRAA!"

The two lizards tried to bite me to death as they rushed towards me, jumping over the back of their companion as I smiled. Naturally, there were other methods of fighting as well, such as utilizing Agriculture, this peculiar skill I acquired from the Farmer job. The skill allowed me to enhance and seemingly control the growth of plants… with Naturia's help… well, something like this was possible.

"Not so fast!"

FLASH!

Suddenly, several tentacles made out of the grass below them extended, wrapping the legs and lower bodies of the two lizards, stopping them from biting me. I jumped right before that as their heads hit each other dumbly. Then, I jumped over the head of the one to the left, raised my blade, and infused it with even more mana.

SLASH! SLASH! SLASH!

I then unleashed three slashes against the giant lizard's neck as its scales finally couldn't take it and broke apart. Soon, the slashing attacks showed me the tender meat beneath the armor scales. A smile surged on my lips as I did a wonderful flip and reached the neck of this beast in an instant. Then, I raised my blade and pierced its open wound, reaching the bone and breaking through it with the help of Muscle Strength Enhancement, a Life-attribute spell I learned.

CLAAASH!

"GRYYAAAAAH…!"

BOOM!

The beast only released a very loud and agonizing cry. After that, it died on the spot, falling to the floor as blood came out of the wound.

The other two lizards looked at me in utter horror. They were intelligent pack hunters. Seeing me easily defeat one of their strong ones, which was actually the Tier 3 one that chased me, they quickly decided to run for their lives, managing to break through the weak prison made by the grass I had controlled.

"Well, have a good day," I said while waving my hand. After that, I realized my entire body ended up being covered in blood. To think this dress was one of my favorites as well. What a bummer. My face also had some blood on it, so I wiped it off with a handkerchief I had with me.

"Y-You killed that thing all by yourself?!" Ignatius asked me as he appeared beside me.

"Did you want to help?" I asked.

"I… well, it's already too late," he replied with a sigh.

"Fooo! Foofooo!" Naturia floated around the corpse, looking at it with surprise.

"I guess we should carry it back home and butcher it there… my parents are going to go a bit crazy," I muttered with a sigh. I seriously didn't plan on slaying a monster today.

-----

76