Chapter 1 – Death Game (1)
5k 1 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Welcome to Dimensional Paradise!

Loading relevant information…

Game type: Flag.

Team characteristics: Five men teams (Main).

Number of participant teams: Two.

Winning conditions: Get the enemy flag.

Location: Lost city.

Location's degree of danger: Level II

Description: Lost city was once a powerful settlement belonging to an ancient civilization. Now however, it's no more than ruins brimming with unknown dangers.

You are in team blue.

Authority level: I (Pawn).

UDP coins: 0.'

"Stand up! The game is going to begin!"

A man's voice woke up Aleen from his sleep. He noticed that he was lying on the ground.

Many others were lying down around like him, surrounding a flag at the center. Around them, Aleen only saw walls. He tried to remember where he was, but a strong pain immediately attacked his head, making him vomit everything in his stomach after remembering the terrible pain he suffered in the white room.

Like a chain reaction, others began to vomit around him, some people entered in panic while others began to cry. A fearful atmosphere spread in the place. Apparently, nobody had any idea about the place where they are.

"Hey! What are you doing!?" The same voice from before spoke. "Don't fill the place with your filth!"

"Let them, John. It's normal for novices to vomit on their first call. Though it's strange for so many of them vomit at once."

"Damn, did we receive a group full of rookies then?"

A man and a woman strangely dressed appeared before them. The man was wearing a kind of armor over his chest and arms with a sword on his shoulder. The woman, on the other hand, only had a blue robe and a small gray breastplate on her chest. The first thought that came to Aleen when he saw them was that they were doing cosplay.

Looking around, Aleen noticed that though the people lying around were dressed normally, everybody had a breastplate in them. Immediately, he looked downwards only to see an identical breastplate on his chest.

The breastplate was apparently made from steel; but different from the woman's, his was painted blue and much less sophisticated. It was obvious that his was a 'mass-produced' version.

"Who are you!?" A girl cried.

"Where we are?" Another asked.

With it as the signal, many people began to ask and shout. Aleen was going to do it too, but then he noticed something in a corner of his eyes. Strangely, some words were floating there. When he tried to gaze towards it, the words moved with his vision. Surprised, he tried concentrating on them. Immediately, the words expanded and he saw his name written in blue together with many more strange words.

When he saw it, Aleen remembered the words that he heard before awakening.

... What in the hell is it!?

"Shut up!" The strange man shouted with such pressure that everything around Aleen fell silent. "We don't have time so I will be fast. To the ones that don't know, this is the dimensional battlefield. You were summoned here to fight. If you want to survive, stick together, follow our orders, and try to kill everything else. Are you clear!? Very well. Now, stand up and follow me. The game is going to begin."

"… Wait!" A well-dressed man cried while walking forward. "What do you mean for following your orders!? Who are you!? Explain it!"

"I don't have any more to say. It's your choice to believe me or not." The man said indifferently before exiting the room together with the woman.

Though he didn't know what was happening, Aleen remembered reading something like this before on someplace; so, he immediately stood and tried to follow the man despite his confusion and nausea. Seeing it, some people looked toward him strangely, but he ignored them. He was not the only one with such an idea though, because a few walked outside with him.

Aleen wasn't sure about the man words, but at least he was sure that the man knew where they were. And if he wasn't in a nightmare, then it probably was safer besides him.

The first thing that Aleen saw when he came out was ruins. Fallen skyscrapers, destroyed buildings, ruined streets and plants growing everywhere. Strangely, the place seemed to lack a human touch. Aleen had the sensation that whatever lived here before wasn't human, or at least, from any civilization he knows.

Three men and three women were waiting for them outside the room; each one dressed equally strange. Three were carrying swords, one an ax, one a strange gun-like thing and the woman with John was unarmed.

"It's time." The first man, John, said while facing the others. "As I'm the one with the greatest score, I will be the one in charge of this game. Any objections?"

Nobody refuted the man, but neither they paid special attention to him. He took it as consent though, because immediately he began to give orders.

"You are Ron, right?" He said signaling a tall man with an ax. "You said before that you were specialized in defense, so you will stay here to guard the base. There are some pawns inside the base; you can use them as you see fit. They will not be of much use in this kind of game but perhaps they can help with something. Little Amelia will come with me to clear the surroundings from any beast, though I don't think that anything too dangerous will appear in a danger zone of level II. As for the others, search for the enemy base and report the location through the COM. If any of you find an enemy, kill them. If you cannot, run towards the others. Don't lose a life meaninglessly."

The group nodded to John's words and each took a different direction. Strangely, nobody cared about Aleen and the others what came from inside the base.

Seeing it, Aleen decided to speak.

"Hey! What about us?"

The six strangely dressed people looked towards him at that moment. Aleen felt a strange kind of pressure from their gazes, but he tried to endure it.

"What do you want to do boy?" The blue dressed woman said, apparently she was called Amelia.

"Can you at least say me where I am?"

Looking at him, the man called John thought for a moment before turning to the others. "Any of you want to take him with you? I think that the pawns will not be of use in this game, but if any of you want, you can take the boy."

Nobody spoke. After a few seconds, one of them left the place, and the others followed suit. John shook his head and left too. Without knowing what to do, Aleen could only look at how they left the place. He didn't dare to walk close to them without their permission; something about the six of them was intimidating.

But when he thought that nobody was going to call him, one of them spoke.

"You, come with me."

It was a woman. She was wearing silver armor on her entire body; her hair was pure black without blemish and her eyes of a very striking black. Aleen could swear that he felt his body freezing when she looked towards him.

A greatsword was resting in her back, giving her a very heroic appearance. And her ice-cold face made it clear that she wasn't going to accept a 'No' for the answer.

"Take a weapon." She said, signaling a pile of weapons in a corner. "Though I only need someone to carry the flag, it's better if you at least have something to defend yourself."

Aleen hurriedly walked towards the weapons on the ground hearing her words. There were many of them and of many kinds. Unable to choose, he selected the simplest one, a spear. He remembered hearing about spears being the easiest weapon to use.

Grabbing it, he ran towards the woman. Though he didn't understand what was happening, he instinctively thought that it was safer with her.

"Will he even be useful?" He heard the tall red-haired man wielding the ax say after seeing them leave. Turning around, he looked towards the base. Then, with a sharp gaze, he fixed his sight in the other peoples that exited with him.

Looking behind him, Aleen noticed that some were looking hesitantly towards him. But after a few seconds, none of them said anything.

Aleen wasn't sure if his choice was the right one. However, if there was danger in this place, he thought that it was safer with someone protecting him alone that with a man guarding a few tens of them.

He could only pray that the woman was kind enough to protect him when the time comes.

50