Chapter 6 – Lightning Strikes (1)
3.1k 3 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“FIGHT!” An orc roared while charging towards the two humans. Raising an enormous hammer over its head, the orc swung it with enough strength that all the ash created by the flames was pushed away.

With an enormous shockwave, the hammer created a crater in the ground. At the same time, the shockwave advanced to the place where John and the ice-cold woman were.

John seemed to have expected something like this though; because before the shockwave could impact them, he waved his two-handed sword, cutting the shockwave in two.

Immediately after, he accelerated with his sword pointing forward, trying to stab the hammer-wielding orc, but it used the handle of its hammer to block the attack.

At the same time, the second orc used a hand to attack with a gigantic orcish axe. The heavy-looking weapon of two meters in length advanced towards John while creating sparks due to the friction of the weapon with the air.

It, however, was intercepted by the ice-cold woman’s heavy sword. At the same time, she activated one of her skills. Immediately, sword intent flowed through her body, strengthening her strength and speed for at least five times.

Then, putting strength in her hands, she pushed the sword forward, parrying the orcish axe and cutting towards the enemy’s body.

But the enemy wasn’t so easy to defeat. An instant before the sword could cut the Orc, a fiery red shockwave appeared with it at the center, pushing the sword away and forcing the Ice-cold woman to defend.

Through the dimensions, the most common path towards strength for the intelligent races was called ‘Enlightenment’. Enlightenment consists of understating the universe laws and using it in the form of abilities. Until Level Five, every ability represents a level; because of it, a Level Five needs to create four abilities to be able to reach to that level.

And in this battlefield, with the exception of Aleen and Amelia, everybody else was a Level five.

The skill used by the orc to defend against the ice-cold woman attack was called ‘Heat Wave’. It made use of extreme temperatures to create a shockwave and use it to defend and attack the enemy.

The attack was so powerful and hot that it was impossible for a normal human to defend against it without being burned to ashes.

But the ice-cold woman was not a normal human.

Moving her sword horizontally, she filled it with mana; increasing its sharpness and offensive power exponentially. At the same time, the sword intent inside her flowed to the surroundings, filling the place with a sharp sword qi able to strengthen her attacks and suppress her enemy's at the same time.

Together with her first ability, ‘Sword Body’, her second and third ability were called ‘Sword Killing’ and ‘Sword Domain’ respectively. The three were semi-passive skills whose only goal was to strengthen the power of every sword attack to the greatest extent possible.

Immediately, the axe-wielding orc felt the pressure over him increase exponentially. It tried to use its axe to receive the woman’s attacks, only to notice its strength falling short.

“Arrgrrrr!” With a loud cry, the orc moved all the mana flowing inside its body to defend against the woman attacks. At the same time, it called forth two of its skills creating a ‘Heat Wave’ in the point of impact between the sword and the axe. At the same time, burning sparks appeared in the path of the axe, creating a line of fire going straight towards the ice-cold woman body. It was its second ability: ‘Fire Condemnation’.

Different from the woman, the orc’s skills could be considered as ‘active skills’ unable to be maintained constantly. However, the orc was someone with the talent to reach Level Five. Using its abundant battle experience, it activated its abilities in the exact moment when their weapons collided. Because of it, it was able to barely fight against the woman.

However, the woman was clearly stronger; and after a few clashes, the orc began to lose ground.

The other battlefield, however, was more equal. Though John tried to make use of his ‘Wind Waves’ to cut the orc, it made use of its outstanding defense to counter him. Because of it, none was able to take the higher ground in their fight.

Unfortunately for the orc, the human was not alone.

While the hammer-wielding orc was defending against John’s attacks, a pillar of fire fell over its body forcing him to use one of its skills to defend. Taking advantage of the situation, John accelerated towards the orc creating a high-pressure wind blade over the sword and using it to stab the orc.

“Honorless human! Using numbers at your advantage!”

With a cry of anger, the orc urged the mana inside its body and created a powerful shockwave using one of his skills. Different from the other orc's skill, this skill relied purely on kinetic energy to impact the surroundings. John swung his sword to cut the shockwave, but that instant was more than enough for the orc to retreat.

“This is not a duel, stupid orc!” John answered while chasing after the orc with his sword.

John companion, Amelia, was the one responsible for the pillar of fire. Being a Level Three, she was someone with two different skills. This pillar of fire was the first one. Together with her circle of fire, it made the two skills she comprehended.

Losing the advantage of a surprise attack, Amelia tried to disrupt the orc rhythm with her fire attacks and create an advantage to John. But though her attacks were certainly dangerous, they were unable to be more than a nuisance to the experienced orc once it discovered her presence.

The fight intensified even more when the orc used another skill, ‘Battle Roar’. For a moment, John was unable to cope with the orc´s roar, causing him to lose his concentration for an instant. Unfortunately, an instant was more than enough in a fight of this kind.

“Damn it!” Gritting his teeth, John recovered his posture quickly and positioned his sword to receive the orc’s attack.

The orc, however, was not going to lose this opportunity. Activating his last skill, it strengthened its body at the limit before using its hammer to hit John crazily.

“Die human!”

Putting all his existing mana in the sword, John tried to defend against the attack.

“Ahhhh!” When the hammer hit John’s sword, he felt as if a mountain was falling over him. Giving a powerful shout, John barely parried the enemy hit. But before he could recover from the attack, a second one came over him.

At that moment, Amelia tried to use her pillar of fire to force the orc to retreat, or at least to pause. It, however, used its body to receive the attack directly without hesitation. Then, moving all its muscles, it attacked again.

But before he could hit John, something crashed against him from a side.

… From the other battlefield, an orc came flying with blood flying from its lips.

Holding its axe with a hand, the orc was gravely injured, with various signs of cuts all around its body and one arm hanging powerlessly. It was obvious that its injuries were not small.

Seeing the woman chasing after its companion, the hammer-wielding orc immediately understood the situation.

“That human woman, too strong.” The injured orc said weakly.

Apparently, the woman came victorious in their duel.

With no other option, the hammer-wielding orc used its ‘Battle Roar’ to stop the woman charge.

“ROAR!!!”

Seeing it, the ice-cold woman paused momentarily before looking towards John coldly.

“Are you fine?”

“I am.” John replied while smiling wryly. “Thanks to you.”

Nodding expressionlessly, the woman turned toward Amelia before ordering.

“Go for the flag. We are going to end it here.”

"Y-Yes!" Unable to go against her, Amelia only nodded before rushing to the enemy base.

“Now then.” The ice-cold woman spoke. “Let’s get this over.”

36