Chapter 32 – Game or Hell (3)
1.8k 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Through the multiple dimensions, brooders were considered a plague; a plague that must be annihilated regardless of the consequences.

And like every plague, they reproduce very fast.

In two months, a queen brooder can give birth to thousands of soldiers and workers, creating an army of monsters able to destroy a country.

And if the queen is at level five, then the situation is worse, at the point that a level six or teams of at least 10 level five are sent to clean them.

Unfortunately, the final boss of this game was precisely a level five queen brooder.

The only reason because Aleen’s group only met three individuals until now was that they were outside the swarm’s region of influence, but with the group continuos advance, the situation was bound to escalate sooner or later.

And now, a level four brooder was commanding a group of monsters to attack them.

Different from the monsters that attacked before, this one was a bit smarter. It realized that D’vina was strong and that attacking the group directly was bound to cause heavy loses.

Due to it, it ordered the monsters to hide and wait for the perfect opportunity to ambush their prey.

However, the monster underestimated D’vina’s perception.

When the monster realized that they were discovered, it knew that it had two options, to retreat or to attack.

But despite being smarter than lower-leveled monsters, the level four brooder was in essence, a monster; and as a monster, it was unable to hold its savagery in check.

So, after hesitating for a moment, it decided to ignore the sense of danger and ordered the monsters to attack.

Instantly, tens of level two and level three brooders rushed from the woods and attacked the group.

The group of humans immediately entered in panic when they noticed the monsters. The brooders could smell their fear and weakness from the distance, instead of people, they only saw a great amount of easy food delivered to their doorsteps.

But despite it, the level four brooder did not lose its mind. Instead of attacking directly, it sent four level three monsters to hinder D’vina and concentrated its remaining troops in killing the weaker humans first.

“Take your weapons if you want to live!” D’vina shouted before beheading a level three with a swing of her greatsword. She tried to kill the greatest threat first, but the level four monster was cunning enough to avoid her blow and she was unable to chase it due to the attacks of the other monsters.

The remaining humans held their weapons with shaking hands and Ana held the body of the injured girl with more strength; but before long, someone was unable to endure the pressure.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhh!” A man cried and began to run away.

The rest of the humans changed their expressions seeing it, and as a trigger, more people began to escape.

“Run!!!”

“I don’t wanna die…. *sob*”

“Run run…”

“Oh god!”

“Don’t run!” Aleen shouted. “You will die if you separate from the group!” But they did not pay attention to his words. In a few seconds, five people left the group.

“Damn it! They think that she can outrun the monsters!?” Aleen said enraged, but before he could continue, the first monster was before him.

“Be careful everyone!” He warned before thrusting his sword towards the monster. The beast has evaded the attack deftly, but Aleen quickly corrected the sword movement and cut a leg. Unfortunately, it was not enough to stop the beast.

With a jump, it attacked one of the humans. The girl the monster attacked was unable to react to the attack, and her head flew with the movement of the monster’s limbs.

The other humans paled quickly and their expressions distorted in fear. Some of them lost the strength in their limbs, drooping involuntarily their weapons.

“Come closer to me if you want to live!” D’vina shouted. “I will be able to stop most of the attacks if you are near!”

“Okay! Let’s go! Don’t let the monsters come near!”

The humans ran towards D’vina position. Aleen used his sword to stop a pair of attacks, but his swordsmanship was far from enough to defend completely. A scythe-like claw was able to pass through Aleen’s defense cutting his arm slightly. Aleen hurriedly defended, moving his sword instinctively to push the monster away, but a monster took advantage of that opportunity to attack another man.

“Wuaahhhh!” The man shouted in fear while swinging the sword crazily, but the monster agilely moved behind him and bisected his body with a swing of its limb.

Blood flowed from the man’s body, splashing the humans and monsters the same. Aleen looked towards the man in shock and saw a gaze of terror directed towards him. He could see the man’s mouth moving with difficulty, trying to speak.

“… H-hel… hel… p… plea… please…”

“Ahhhhhhh!” Another man cried. A monster jumped from the trees and attacked him, but fortunately, Aleen was able to stop the attack.

“Hurry! Go towards D’vina!” he shouted trying his best to ignore the bisected man’s pleas.

The other humans got out from their stupor and continued running towards D’vina. Aleen, on the other hand, was able to endure the scene despite the terror he was feeling. After all, he saw as the beast devoured the human’s copses in the previous game. That scene was many times more gruesome than this.

The group reached to D’vina under the monsters’ constant attacks. At that moment, the level four brooder finally attacked.

With a jump, it moved towards the last human with astounding speed, but before its claws could touch the human, D’vina's sword intercepted the monster even faster. The sword was so fast that the monster was unable to avoid it.

The sword moved to bisect the monster, but when it was about to cut it, the monster's body glowed with mana and the carapaces protecting it made a metallic sound. D’vina’s greatsword collided with the carapace but was unexpectedly unable to cut it.

Monsters followed the path of ‘Nature’ to advance their levels; it basically consisted in using mana to evolve their bodies, making it stronger, faster, studier and more lethal, according to their needs. it was an evolution that followed nature guidance to made themselves stronger in the areas that were considered necessary. This path, however, had two glaring weakness; the first one being that most monsters did not evolve their intelligence during the process of level up, and the second weakness was that it was hard for them to get a skill during their evolutions.

This level four brooder, however, was fortunate enough to acquire one. And the only purpose of this skill was to defend.

It was a defense almost absolute and from the moment the monster acquired it, the skill never had been breached.

But when the monster was going to screech in excitement, D’vina's body glowed.

Circulating the mana through her body, she activated two skills at the same time; ‘Sword Body’ and ‘Sword Killing'. In an instant, the power and sharpness behind the sword increased exponentially.

An expression of panic appeared in the monster’s face; it tried to retreat immediately, but D’vina’s sword was faster. It cut through its belly wounding the monster heavily.

“*Screeeeech*” The monster cried in pain. Unfortunately, the sword was unable to kill the monster.

D’vina tried to follow behind the monster and kill it, but more monsters jumped towards her and the people behind her, hindering her.

“Tch!” Clicking her tongue, D’vina changed the direction of her attack and cut the monsters attacking. The level four monster made use of that opportunity to escape and screeched again to signal the other monsters to continue attacking.

At that moment, the group heard human cries coming from the forest.

Turning their heads to the origin of the cries, they saw a wounded man running towards them from the forest; it was one of the people that left the group before.

But before he could run ten meters, a giant shadow jumped towards him and bit his neck, tearing his head from the body.

The remaining newbies paled even more seeing it. They knew that the people that ran were all dead.

From the fifteen level one humans that came with D’vina originally, ten were dead and one was unconscious.

As for the other four, nobody knew how long they were going to last.

I did some corrections to all the chapters (nothing great, just a few grammatical mistakes), give a look if you want...

Remember to leave a comment and rate the story if you like it...

support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise

20