Chapter 33 – Game or Hell (4)
1.7k 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

D’vina’s face was dead serious while facing the swarm of monsters.

Tens of monsters were lying around her in pieces, killed by her sword. Mana circulated through her body activating her skills when necessary. 

Unfortunately, she was forced to save as much mana as possible; after all, the final goal of this game was probably a level five queen brooder, so she could not use all her mana before facing it.

Despite it, her attacks were equally deadly. With the exception of the level four, no other monster was able to take one of her attacks and continue alive.

The situation, however, was worsening quickly. The number of monsters attacking increased with every second and the danger they were facing grew with it.

Of course, for someone at D’vina’s level, the danger was minimum. She was confident about killing all the monsters given enough time. Unfortunately, her skills were not suited to defense, and though she could guarantee her safety, she could not do the same for the people around her.

The only thing she could do was to kill more monsters and hope that Aleen and the others can survive if she let one pass her defense.

Normal creatures would have escaped after seeing so many of their kin killed, but brooders were different.

For brooders, dying wasn't a problem. Their only mission in life was to serve their queen, without caring about life or death, the queen was able to give birth more subordinates easily after all.

Because of it, the monsters continued attacking crazily, without fear of being killed by D’vina sword. The number of corpses grew quickly.

But with the increasing number of monsters, the safety zone around D’vina continued reducing.

Four minutes later, the monsters’ attacks began to graze the people being protected and Aleen was forced to help to defend.

“Damn it!” Aleen cried while enduring the pain on his thigh. With the increase in the number of monsters he had to fend, more wounds began to appear on his body. 

Though the wounds were small, Aleen knew that each new wound will take a toll on his stamina.

The most troublesome thing though, was that Aleen discovered that his skill was practically useless in this situation.

After all, ‘Lightning Rush’ was a skill that worked accelerating the user’s speed manifold in a straight line. But in the current situation, using the skill means leaving D’vina protection and rushing to the middle of the swarm, and Aleen knew that he would be unable to endure the attacks of tens of monsters for a second if he does it.

Due to it, Aleen was forced to forget about using the skill.

Aleen could not help but think that his skill was more useless than he thought.

Shaking his head, he forced these thoughts outside his mind and concentrated on fending the monsters. 

Lowering his stance, he thrust his sword towards a monster’s claw and pushed it away. His skills thrusting with the sword had increased slightly thanks to using it repeatedly. Aleen felt less awkward using it with every passing second.

At that moment, Aleen felt goosebumps through his body. A gaze filled with bloodlust was directed towards him making he felt as if all the blood in his body was frozen.

“Careful!” D’vina shouted immediately.

An enormous beast, bigger than the others, jumped suddenly towards Aleen. It had been hiding between its comrades while it closed slowly to the group. Then, when it found a perfect opportunity, the monster attacked.

“Damn cunning beast!” D’vina said with rage while increasing the mana output of her skills, but the monster had chosen the perfect moment to attack. Many level three brooders jumped at the same time towards D’vina and the rest of the group and hindered her from helping Aleen.

“Haaaa!” With a shout, the skill ‘Sword Killing’ was activated to the maximum. The greatsword on her hand shined with powerful sword intent, and the beasts surrounding her were bisected with a swing of her sword.

Turning her body posture quickly, she adjusted the course of the sword towards the level four monster attacking Aleen, but more monsters jumped towards the path of the sword, delaying the attack slightly with their lives.

Even with monsters using their bodies to stop the attack, they only were able to delay it for a fraction of second, but it was enough.

The level four’s claws made use of this brief fraction to attack Aleen.

D’vina’s expression changed, and Aleen tried to move his body desperately. The mana moved crazily inside his body trying to awaken the frozen blood.

Though the level four’s intelligence was inferior to a human, it was cunning enough to notice that besides D’vina, Aleen was the second most powerful man in the group.

Seeing Aleen defending the attacks that passed D’vina’s defense, it quickly came to the conclusion that if it killed Aleen, then the other four weaker humans could be killed quickly.

After killing them, then the monsters could concentrate all its attention on killing the strong human woman.

The claws closed towards Aleen so quickly that he was almost unable to react. From the moment when the monster directed its killing intent until the moment when the claw reached Aleen, less than half-second passed.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhh!” Circulating all the mana inside his body, Aleen roared with strength and resorted to his last option to survive, his skill.

Lightning coursed through his veins, and time seemed to stop. Aleen saw the claw closing slowly towards him. 

At that moment, Aleen first reaction was not accelerating to escape.

Instead, his body concentrated completely in blocking the attack.

Making use of the slowed time to move his sword, he put it before the claws of the beast and hacked with all his strength, then, time recovered its movement.

The sword and the claw clashed, but unfortunately, ‘Lightning Rush’ was not a skill that boosted strength, so Aleen’s attack was unable to stop the claw.

Fortunately, it stopped the beast from cutting his body into two parts.

Announcement

Sorry if I'm late but I've been busy the last two days with work, so I was unable to take time writing. To be honest, yesterday and today's chapters were taken from the patreon's stock.

I made a mistake some chapters ago and said that the elf, Elvila, was level two; she was supposed to be level three instead so take note of it.

Leave a comment if you like the story and support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise

20