Chapter 34 – Game or Hell (5)
1.7k 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aleen’s body flew forty meters before stopping in the middle of the swarms of monsters.

His body was hurting terribly, and his sight blackened for an instant; the power behind the level four’s blow was way beyond Aleen's league.

Fortunately, he was able to block it with the sword, therefore avoiding death, but his situation was far from good.

Before Aleen could recover from the attack, the monsters surrounding him began to act.

With a swing of its scythe-like claw, a level two monster attacked Aleen’s back while screeching.

Aleen could only do his best to defend against the attack despite his condition. Moving the sword that had been deformed from the last clash, towards his back, he blocked awkwardly the attack.

However, the monster immediately used another claw to continue attacking. This time, Aleen could not defend anymore and his only option was to jump back to evade.

But bad things never come alone.

Before he could recover his balance, Aleen heard the sound of wind being cut coming from beside him. Thrusting his instincts, he threw his body to the ground hurriedly an instant before the claw of another brooder sliced the place where his neck was just before.

Cold sweat flowed from his back, and his limbs turned ice-cold. Increasing the strength in the sword, he swung it wildly towards the monster above him.

“AHHHHH!!!”

With a strong shout, the deformed sword sliced the monster’s belly, making its bowels fall from the wound and killing the monster instantly.

But that monster was only one of the many he was facing.

‘Damn it, damn it!’

Cursing in his head, Aleen put all his attention on sensing the attacks of the monsters. Lightning-attributed mana flowed through his body, making his muscles twenty percent stronger, and clearing his mind from distracting thoughts.

In his mind, the rune representing his only skill was flashing from the moment when he received the attack from the level four monster. Aleen had the sensation that he could use it regardless of the cooldown, probably because he only used it partially when defending against the level four monster.

But even with it, Aleen could not see any solution to his current situation.

Monsters were surrounding him from each direction, and Aleen could see a few level three between them. In such a situation, using his skill only means charging towards their claws.

If there was a good thing in all of it, it was that the level four was too busy evading D’vina attacks to attack him again.

Aleen desperately continued searching for a solution to his predicament while facing the monsters’ attacks. Wounds began to accumulate in his body and Aleen began to feel the effects of the blood loss.

He could feel his body’s strength decreasing slowly.

Once again, Aleen felt the threat of death approaching.

Looking towards D’vina, he saw her coming quickly towards him, but tens of monsters intercepted her, sacrificing their lives to delay she from coming to his rescue.

At the same time, the level four continued screeching to order the brooders to stop her.

Her sword was constantly moving, leaving numerous bisected bodies behind with each swing and creating a path of death towards the place where Aleen was.

But both she and Aleen knew that she was not going to reach him in time.

From the moment when the level four first attacked Aleen, not even two seconds had passed, but Aleen was already unable to cope with the attacks.

At that moment, a monster’s claw cut Aleen’s back.

The wound was not lethal, but it was deep enough to hinder Aleen’s movements. Aleen knew that it was a critical moment and his life and death depended on his next action.

So, he decided to gamble.

Activating his skill, he accelerated towards D’vina direction.

Lightning surrounded his body, and sparks appeared in his eyes. Through the slowed time, he could see the tens of monster blocking his path towards salvation, but he gritted his teeth and bet all in his skill. Using the stance to thrust, his body moved at great speed and the sword stabbed the first monster, cutting through it and opening a path for Aleen to pass.

Then, the sword stabbed a second time.

And then, the third time.

When the sword pierced the fourth monster, Aleen felt his skill losing strength.

Unwillingness appeared in his face; he could not die here, he wasn't going to die here!

“AHHHHHHH!!!!”

Shouting with all his strength, he infused mana in his legs and forced his body to change directions.

His body cried on pain, and the muscles of his legs strained to the maximum; Aleen felt the rune in his mind resisting his actions.

But he did not pay attention.

Through the slowed time, he attempted to move his body through the gaps between the monsters; his right foot stepped strongly on the ground and twisting his waist painfully, he forcibly changed the direction of the charge.

The fourth monster was left behind, but another monster was already before him. Aleen repeated his actions and evaded it again.

But when he tried to evade for the third time, he failed.

His body was too strained due to the extreme movements and was unable to bear the pressure of another turn.

Gritting his teeth, Aleen pierced through another monster and continued feeding mana to his skill. Even a more meter he could traverse could save his life.

But finally, he was unable to continue.

His skill stopped twenty meters from D’vina, and more monsters were there to block him.

Suppressing the tears that wanted to leave his eyes, he swung his sword again to stop an attack. Aleen tried to circulate mana through his body to strengthen it, but he noticed that it was almost drained.

With an expression of unwillingness, he stopped another attack.

But he was not going to be able to stop the next.

D’vina, twenty meters from there, had an expression of struggle and hesitation looking to the scene, but before long, her gaze changed to one of determination.

She looked to the monsters around her, to the level four hiding behind lines of its subordinates while plotting how to kill her, and then she looked towards Aleen.

At that moment, she raised her sword.

Mana and sword intent flowed crazily from her body to the greatsword making it glow with a sharp silver light, and pressuring all the monster in the surroundings.

Fear filled the level four’s face, and dread invaded the rest of the swarm when they saw it, but before they could retreat, it was already too late.

The sword was swung, and D’vina ice-cold voice resounded.

“Descent, ‘Calamity Sword’!”

Then a pure white blinded the eyes of every creature in the surroundings.

An instant later, the bodies of tens of monsters were cut into pieces.

Leave a comment or rate the story if you like it. Also, you can support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise to read ahead...

17