Chapter 36 – A Step From Death
1.7k 6 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ana followed behind Aleen from the moment when the monsters attacked. Different from the others, she was unable to defend herself due to the unconscious female she was carrying on her back.

For a moment, she thought about dropping the woman down, but she eliminated that thought of her mind quickly. In the end, she was the one that insisted on bringing her along, so she could not bring herself to retract her words and leave the woman behind.

Instead, she made sure of following closely behind Aleen. Aleen, on the other hand, tried his best to defend her from any attack.

Initially, the situation was under control with D’vina blocking the monsters, but later, it began to become increasingly dangerous.

Before long, Aleen was forced to defend them from the monsters that occasionally slipped in, and the space the group had to move was shrinking slowly. Ana knew that at some point, she and the other humans would have to defend against the attacks personally.

But in the middle of that misfortune, she noticed that Aleen was paying special attention to her.

Maybe because of the injured woman she was carrying, Aleen made sure to keep Ana just beside him, so he could defend her more easily.

Ana smiled in her mind when she saw it and her impression of Aleen improved. To be honest, she was grateful for the things that he had done for them until now. Even now, he was braving danger while defending her.

But while she was thinking about it, disaster struck.

She heard D’vina shouting and saw something jumping towards Aleen.

A gigantic monster, even bigger than the others, attacked suddenly, throwing him away.

Ana’s mind paralyzed seeing that scene. She was unable to process what was happening and her body did not answer to her orders. For a moment, she thought that time stopped.

But before she could react to the situation, the tragedy began.

D’vina, that was their only remaining defense, went to save Aleen.

Before Ana could react, one of the men beside her shouted tragically.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhh!”

With it as the signal, time resumed running.

Ana looked to the man that was shouting and saw the claw of a monster piercing his stomach, then, another monster tore part of his chest with its mouth.

“Hiii!”

Fear filled her face, and her limbs became ice-cold. Looking around, she saw tens of beast rushing towards them.

“DIE MONSTER!!!”

The remaining man began to shout hysterically, slashing crazily with his sword. He waved his sword around trying to save his life, but the mucus running from his nose showed his mental state.

Unfortunately, the man was not able to connect an attack even once before the claws of the beasts tore his body into pieces.

At that moment, Ana noticed that the remaining monsters were looking toward her.

Their eyes showed savagery, and she could feel the hunger they were experiencing; before she noticed, the creatures were pouncing towards her.

‘I don’t want to die…’ She thought.

She was a normal girl, with a caring family and friends waiting at home for her. How could she die like this?

‘I don’t want to die…’

The image of his parents, asking in the streets for her while worried about her whereabouts came to her mind.

‘I don’t want to die…’

She had dreams, plans for the future. Would they be buried here?

‘I DON’T WANT TO DIE!!!!’

At that moment, something snapped inside her.

Seeing the monsters jumping towards her, she defended with all her strength. Not caring about the unconscious girl on her back, she threw her to the monsters before running towards D’vina.

A monster jumped, tearing the injured girl apart with its mouth, but Ana did not care about it. All she wanted was to survive; to survive this nightmare and return to her daily life.

But her trick only gained her a fraction of second. Before she could run two steps, the next monster was already behind her.

Ana felt the monster’s claws piercing her shoulder, tearing the flesh in her back.

Her body fell to the ground, unable to withstand the weight of the monster; but miraculously, she did not die.

Tears fell from her eyes, and the pain of the wound intensified even more. But at that moment, something appeared in her mind.

“I DON’T WANT TO DIE!!!!”

With a strong shout, a powerful shockwave spread from her body, throwing the monster above her away.

For an instant, clarity returned to her eyes, but then, she saw the other monsters coming.

Desperately, Ana tried to stand, but she did not have enough strength. She could only see how death was coming towards her slowly.

But suddenly, the entire world turned white.

A sharp sensation prickled her skin, and the monsters around she shouted in agony.

When she recovered her sight, she saw D’vina holding her sword and a scene of carnage around her.

Then, her consciousness slowly disappeared.

In her dreams, she heard a gentle voice speaking to her while a pair of strong arms held her body.

Finally, she heard the ice-cold voice belonging to D'vina speaking with a bit of astonishment.

“Unexpectedly, she leveled up just now.”

Rate the story or leave a comment if you like it...

Support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise

20