Chapter 40 – Queen Brooder (2)
1.6k 8 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was the biggest creature Aleen had seen in his entire life.

The queen brooder was at least twenty meters long and three meters tall. Its body was covered with scales and carapaces that protected its vital parts, and it had six lethal scythe-like claws to help it to move.

Besides being bigger, the queen appearance was the same as any other brooder; the only difference being a pointed tail that moved together with its body.

Aleen never felt such strong pressure from any other enemy; not even any of the level five he met before had a pressure near its level. To be honest, Aleen thought that he was going to lose consciousness due to it.

Fortunately, the four level five in his camp unleashed their presences to go against the monster’s, but even with it, Aleen felt that he could not breathe properly.

“You are finally here.” Caira smiled fearlessly seeing the monster appear and stopped her spell. The other level five took their positions to face the monster while wearing serious expressions.

“It’s smaller than I thought.” Cir said furrowing his eyebrows while he observed the monster. “From the size of the nest, I was expecting a bigger monster.”

“It didn’t matter.” Caira answered. “We only need to kill it regardless of its size.”

“You are right, but it’s not wrong to be cautious.”

D’vina nodded hearing Cir and walked towards the monster while speaking to Aleen. “Be careful, boy. Don’t die while I’m busy.”

“You too.” Aleen replied with a small smile.

D’vina nodded and stared at the monster. She then wielded her sword and stepped hard on the ground.

“Let’s end it, beast.”

*ROAAAAAR!!!*

Understating the provocation, the queen gave another roar and charged towards D’vina.

At the same time, the monsters in the surroundings roared in answer and rushed to attack the group.

“Stay near me.” Aleen said softly to Ana and walked behind the mage; she frowned briefly but did not say anything. Instead, she gestured to Elvila.

“Do it.”

“I understand.”

A white glow appeared on Elvila’s hand. She then quickly extended her hand and pointed to Caira, then, the glow engulfed her body.

Immediately, the mana in the surroundings rushed to Caira aggressively and began to circulate through her body without stop. She smiled fearlessly feeling the abundant mana and intoxicating power, and activated a spell, creating a gigantic fireball that flew towards the monster.

The white glow was Elvila’s second skill, ‘Mana Blessing’. It attracted the mana in the surroundings towards the target of the skill, increasing the amount of mana the target could use and strengthening the power of any skill or spell used during this time.

This skill was the reason because Caira took Elvila as her assistant; and thanks to it, she had won many battles that otherwise she would have lost. After all, every time Elvila use her skill means making Caira at least fifty percent stronger for around a minute.

The others also attacked the queen. Wulf activated two of his skills and used his claws to cut the monster’s side, and Cir used his gun to shot burning projectiles towards the monster. At the same time, D’vina activated her ‘Sword Body’ and ‘Sword Killing’ and attacked one of the monster’s claws.

But the queen was worthy of being a level five. Before the five attacks could land, it activated a skill and a mana barrier surrounded it, blocking the attacks. It then used its tail to parry D’vina’s sword before using a claw to try to grab her.

Fortunately, the boost of ‘Sword Body’ increased D’vina speed and reaction time at least five times, giving her enough time to evade the attack and counter with her greatsword.

Aleen was unable to follow the flow of the battle from where he was. Their speed was incredibly fast, and Aleen feared that he was a bit slower than the current D'vina even when using his skill.

The gap between level five and level two was too great.

But he was unable to continue spectating the battle.

The monsters attracted by the queen's roar were already before them. Hundreds of monsters answered the queen call and rushed towards the group without fear. The amount was so great that Aleen was unable to see the end of them.

Grabbing his sword strongly, he fixed his sight to the monsters and prepared to the battle.

At the same time, the remaining survivors from the other groups also prepared to defend against the attacks. Aleen even saw some humans taking their weapons ready to face the monsters.

“I will use a big one to kill most of them.” Caira spoke to them seriously while raising her hand. “But you will have to take care of the monsters that survive because I need to put most of my attention to the level five. Elvila, barrier.”

“Yes!”

With a nod, Elvila activated her first skill, ‘Mana Barrier’.

A barrier extended from her and covered all the people around her, including the other survivors.

Then, Caira activated her fourth spell.

‘Heavens’ Fall’.

With a gesture, thousands and thousands of balls of fire appeared in the sky, painting it with a burning red.

The brooders attacking the group entered in panic seeing the terrifying scene, but Caira simply smiled savagely before moving her hand down, she then shouted excitedly.

“Fall!”

Instantly, the fireballs descended.

With an enormous roar, the area one kilometer around Caira exploded. The fire burned almost all the creatures nearby, and the lucky few that survived were gravely injured.

Fortunately, Caira made sure to adjust the attack so it didn’t hurt her allies, but even with it, Aleen felt a strong wave of heat burning his face slightly.

*ROARRRR!!!* The queen roared tragically seeing its children being burned to cinders and tried rush towards Caira, but Wulf charged to it at that moment, launching a skill against the level five monster. The queen could only face Wulf’s attack while mourning for its dead children.

At the same time, the gun held on Cir’s hand shined brightly. He then activated his fourth skill, ‘Solar Laser’.

A ray of plasma super compressed was shot towards the monster to light speed. The queen was unable to avoid it, so instead, it strengthened its defenses with all its might, but despite it, the attack injured the queen gravely.

*RAARRRGGG!!!* With a tragic cry, the queen jumped back and circulated its mana, trying desperately to heal the wound, but the group of level five were not planning to leave the monster rest.

D’vina jumped at great speed towards the monster while filling her greatsword with mana. Once above it, she sent mana to her right foot and used it to step in the air. Then, twisting her body sharply, she sliced down with her sword.

“Haaa!”

*SCREEECH!!!* The queen tried desperately to stop her attack with one of its claws, but the weight and sharpness behind the sword were too great for the hasty defense to be effective.

With an acute sound, one of the queen’s legs was cut from its body.

Blue blood flowed aggressively from the wound, but not a single drop fell on D’vina’s body. With a quick movement, she turned her body and was ready to kill the monster with her next attack.

Rate the story or comment if you like it...

Support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise

18