Chapter 44 – Inside the Nest (2)
1.5k 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Guys, I have been very busy with work recently, so sorry if the chapters' schedule is all messed up... I will try to post another chapter this afternoon, but if I can't do it, I will post two chapters tomorrow...

On the other hand, thanks for the comments you write... I can answer every comment, but I'm happy every time I read them. Your Ideas and thoughts are very interesting, and some even are things I didn't think...

Form now onwards, enlightened, mages and cultivators will be refered as 'Supers'.

Short chapter, but bear it with me...

After discussing for a brief moment, the group decided to search for an exit.

Elvila argued that it was better to stay inside the cave until the game ends, but Aleen disagreed. He said that they were not sure about the dangers inside the nest; however, they knew that the group of level five was fighting the queen brooder outside, so if they were careful and keep a distance from the fight, they would be mostly safe.

After thinking for a moment, Elvila agreed to Aleen’s words. The next question, then, was how to find the exit.

Fortunately, Elvila had a solution. She took an artifact from a very small bag in her belt. Aleen could not help but wonder how such a small bag could contain an artifact that was bigger than it.

“What is that?” Aleen asked pointing to the artifact.

“Something I bought from the game. It can feel the currents of wind and use it to guide us until a possible exit.”

“You bought it from your representative?” 

“Yes.” Elvila answered. “You can buy many things from them, so, many people buy things that can be useful inside the games. Just like this small ball above me.” She continued while pointing to the glowing metallic ball that they were using to light their surroundings. “It’s a small robot, but its only functions are to shine and to follow the owner. It’s very convenient, so I bought it for missions in dark places.

“By the way, this little bag on my belt is a space storage pouch. It was very expensive.” 

Ana and Aleen made astonished faces hearing the function of the storage pouch.

Elvila laughed gently seeing Aleen and Ana’s astonished faces.

Ana could not understand what they were speaking about. Aleen, on the other hand, smiled slightly and shook his head seeing Elvila laughter. He had to admit that she was exactly like elves were depicted in many stories; kind, gentle and caring. Aleen could not understand the reason though.

Knowing that beings he considered fictional were real was already astonishing. Moreover, such beings having the same behavior humans imagined was even more incredible. Aleen wondered if there is a reason for it.

Shaking his head to send those thoughts to a corner of his mind, Aleen asked something that was bothering him from the moment he saw Elvila.

“Miss Elvila, you don’t use any weapon? I didn’t see you using one before.”

Elvila smiled wryly and shrugged her shoulders. “You saw it before, right? My skills are not suited to combat, so I’m more like a supporter-kind of super.

“Of course, I have a weapon.” She smiled while taking a small gun-like object form her bag. “This child uses the user mana to shot mana bullets. Very handy, but I think that it's better to use my mana making sure that my skills can be used when necessary; so I did not use it often.”

Aleen and Ana observed the weapon curiously. Ana then tilted her head and commented. 

“I didn’t expect for this place to allow guns. Why nobody else uses them then?”

“Guns? They are called like that on your planet? You can bring any weapon that requires of the user effort to be used correctly. My gun needs a constant supply of mana from the user to be used; but if it were able to work without using my mana, then it would have been forbidden.”

“… Then we can’t use the gunpower-powered guns of my world?” Aleen asked.

“Your world weapons are at that level huh?" Elvila made a curious expression. "No, you cannot use that kind of weapon. One of this game's goals is to train its participants and make them stronger, and weapons like that are not adequate for it. Of course, even if you can use them, they at most will help you to kill one or two level two monsters.”

Aleen nodded after hearing her words.

Now that he thought about it, the level five kinal used a kind of gun too. Though it probably worked similar to Elvila’s gun.

The group continued speaking while searching they walked. Fortunately, they didn’t encounter any monster on the way for a time.

Finally, though, they noticed a change.

While the group was advancing, Elvila suddenly stopped before frowning.

“What happened?” Aleen asked.

Elvila furrowed her brows and hesitated for a moment. She then looked towards Aleen and Ana.

“Have you not noticed? The temperature has been increasing the more we advance.”

“Huh?” Aleen and Ana put surprised faces. Then, Aleen changed his expression.

“Now that you said it, I have been sweating from a moment ago.”

Ana nodded hearing Aleen words.

Elvila put a pensive face and closed her eyes briefly. Then, she looked to Aleen and Ana gravely.

“Prepare yourself. I’m sure that there is something ahead, and it is probably something dangerous.”

Aleen also put a serious when he heard Elvila words. Without hesitation, he grabbed his sword tightly and walked in front of the girls.

“I think it’s better if I walk ahead. Miss Elvila is not suited for combat and Ana is injured, so I think I'm the best for this position.”

Ana put a guilty expression seeing it. Elvila, however, nodded seriously. “Don’t worry, Aleen. I will keep my skill prepared to create a barrier when you need it.”

Aleen nodded and began to walk with the two girls behind him. The temperature continued increasing steadily and even they began to feel discomfort despite their strong bodies product of their levels.

They walked warily for another five minutes, and finally, they saw something.

It was an entrance leading to a dim-illuminated room. Aleen could feel a comfortable and warm energy coming from the dim orange light, so he made an expression of surprise.

Soft screeches of pain and hunger were coming from the room. Aleen put a serious expression and prepared to fight the monsters.

However, contrary to his thoughts, the breathing of Elvila became rushed when she saw the dim orange light and heard the sounds coming from the room.

With an excited face, she stared fixedly towards the room and spoke. 

“We probably hit the jackpot.” 

“What do you mean?” Ana asked before Aleen could speak.

Elvila looked towards the entrance with shining eyes and took the small gun-like weapon from the spatial pouch before explaining to the pair.

“If I’m not mistaken, this place is where the queens lay their eggs.”

19