Chapter 55 – Between Hope and Despair (7)
1.5k 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Aleen was speaking with Ana, the combat against the level five was also coming to its end.

Ciara’s plan was pretty simple, but it depended on if they were able to find Elvila's location. Fortunately, D’vina noticed the sounds of battle coming from underground and told the group about it.

Immediately, the three of them came to the conclusion that their assistants were fighting below the entrance, so they stopped preventing the level five queen from going to the nest and instead were after her, jumping inside the entrance to the place where Aleen and the others were fighting.

And when they entered, they immediately saw Aleen’s attack.

Expressions of surprise appeared in their faces, but they immediately suppressed their curiosity and concentrated on facing the queen.

Caira, meanwhile, called to Elvila with a shout.

“Elvila, I need that you use the blessing now!”

Elvila was still astonished by the scene of Ana dying and Aleen killing the level four, but she recovered quickly when she heard Caira’s voice.

“I’m sorry, it’s in cooldown!”

“How long you need to use it again!”

Elvila hesitated slightly before speaking. “Around five minutes!”

“Dammit!”

With a displeased expression, Caira cursed softly and shouted towards the other two.

“Guys, we need to endure for another five minutes!”

D’vina frowned briefly when she heard it; then, she grabbed her greatsword and advanced towards the queen. “Mr. Cir, help me to distract it. And miss mage, kill the remaining bugs in the room and take care of my assistant.”

Caira furrowed her brows hearing D’vina giving orders, but in the end, she nodded and created many small fireballs before throwing them towards the brooders still alive.

Then, she looked towards Aleen who was kneeling before Ana’s corpse and clicked her tongue.

Meanwhile, D’vina and Cir did their best to distract the queen and try to survive its attacks. Different from before, they concentrated completely in defending and dragging the time, but the queen was not smart enough to notice it. Instead, it continued attacking while trying to advance towards Aleen with an expression of fury.

Like that, five minutes passed.

When Elvila finally was able to use her skill again, she shouted.

“It’s ready!”

“What are you waiting then!?” Caira answered back. “Use it on me!”

The elf activated the skill on Caira without hesitation. A white glow appeared around her, and all the mana in the surroundings rushed to her body.

For an instant, Caira felt a sensation of omnipotence.

But as an experienced level five, she knew what she had to do.

Immediately, she activated three spells at the same time.

Her first, third and four spells were activated simultaneously.

Immediately, the room was painted in a burning red.

Hundred of fireballs appeared at the same time; but different from when she used the spell 'Heavens' Fall', this time, the fireballs did not fall to the ground.

Instead, they combined in a gigantic ball of fire; then, all the heat inside the ball of fire was condensed and released in a ray of burning plasma.

Combined Spell, ‘Sun Rage’.

It was Caira’s strongest attack and a spell that she only could use when boosted with Elvila’s blessing and with a few seconds of preparation.

When D’vina and Cir saw the ray of fire descending, they quickly retreated. The queen, on the other hand, also tried to retreat; but unfortunately for it, Caira was not going to allow it.

In an instant, it was consumed by the burning ray of fire.

Desperately, the queen used all its mana to activate its defensive skill; but it only helped it to endure the attack for a few seconds more.

Before long, the fire swallowed the queen completely.

When the fire finally receded, the queen was lying in the ground powerlessly; gazing sadly to the bodies of its children that laid dead in the destroyed nest.

Then, with a cry of sadness, it gave its last breath.

 

 

A few minutes after the fight ended, D’vina walked towards Aleen.

After the death of Ana, Aleen stood kneeling beside her body for a few minutes. Then, he stood up and walked towards a rock in a corner and sat down.

Currently, Caira, Cir, and Elvila were chasing after the remaining stragglers to complete the mission. Aleen chose not to go with them because he was too tired physically and mentally, and D’vina decided to stay to accompany him.

Sitting beside him, she put her greatsword on the ground and looked towards him. Then, with a sigh, she asked.

“How do you feel?”

“... Terrible.” Aleen answered with a weak smile.

D’vina only shook her head and looked up. Then, with a tone a bit warmer than normal, she began to ask.

“Now you understand my words? This was the reason because I was against you helping them.”

Aleen kept silent.

D’vina closed her eyes and concentrated in feeling the slight wind blowing underground. “This place is very cruel, boy; and you must understand it. Even I, a level five powerhouse, am unable to guarantee completely the safety of my assistant. It’s normal if you are unable to protect someone.

“What is important, is that you never forget what you are feeling now. Remember the feeling of powerlessness you felt back then and struggle to leave the weak you behind. Train to become stronger, and so, when the time comes and you have to protect someone once again, you will be strong enough to not feel this powerlessness once more.”

For a few seconds, Aleen did not answer to D’vina’s words.

Despite it, however, D’vina remained beside him silently.

But when the AI inside his mind gave the notification that the game had ended and they were going to leave this place, he finally opened his mouth.

“… Will you teach me?”

D’vina made a surprised expression for a moment; but then, she smiled thinly.

“I will.”

“Thank you, teacher.”

Only two chapters remaining to the end of this arc (I will post them tomorrow). After it come the interludes and then the next arc...

Remember to support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise you can read until six chapters ahead there...

Thanks to currently my only patreon, Trent Stone

21