Chapter 57 – Information
1.6k 6 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second and last chapter today...

A few minutes later, Aleen appeared in a futuristic-looking office.

When the gamemaster appeared, he did a short summary about what happened in the game and quickly sent Aleen and the others away. Aleen then was engulfed by a pillar of light and teleported to this place.

Quickly, he looked to the surroundings and confirmed that he was sent to the same place as last time.

Before he could continue observing, the metallic door behind him slid open and a beautiful woman entered the room. She was a dark-skinned human with short gray hair and gray eyes; Aleen remembered that she was called Leona.

“Congratulations on your victory, Mr. Aleen. You gave an excellent performance this time.”

Aleen ignored her words and sat in the chair. Leone was not offended by his attitude and sat in front of him.

“Is there something that you want to ask?”

Aleen put a pensive face for a moment before looking to Leona with a serious expression.

“Can I resuscitate someone that died inside a game?”

Leona seemed to know that he was going to ask about it, because she did not hesitate to give an answer.

“The conditions for resurrection are very stringent. Firstly, the person you want resuscitate must have a strong enough soul, the equivalent to a level two super or higher; someone below it will be unable to endure the corrosion of the exterior world.

“Secondly, only someone who died recently can be resurrected, though it depends on how strong the dead is. A level five can endure for a day before his soul is unable to endure the corrosion, but a level two can endure at most one hour.

“Lastly, currently we can only resurrect people that died inside Dimensional Paradise. Dimensional Paradise was created using hundreds of different kinds of magic and technology, and tens of level six took part in its construction. It’s able to collect the souls of the people that are killed inside and create an identical new body for them using cloning techniques, but it’s only limited to inside it. Unfortunately, it is unable to do anything about the ones that die outside Dimensional Paradise.”

Aleen made a sad expression when he heard Leona’s words. He understood that he could not resuscitate Ana.

“Do you want to know anything else?” She asked.

Aleen shook his head slightly. “Just show me the things that I can buy and send me home.”

Leona nodded. “I understand. But before that, there is a piece of information that I must give you.”

Aleen only gestured her with his hands and urge her to continue while wearing a worn-out expression.

“The date for your first official game has been established. It’s in a standard dimensional week, or around six days according to the calendar of your world.”

“What do you mean?” Aleen put a serious expression when he heard Leona’s words. “My first game? Why is it faster than last time?”

“You were a level one in your first game, and in the second you were miss D’vina’s assistant, so it could not be considered ‘your’ own game. The next game, however, will be prepared according to the capabilities that you have shown until now; so it can be considered your first 'official' game. 

“You can think of it like the first two games being part of the professional league and the next one being part of the junior league. Do you understand now?”

Aleen processed Leona’s words for a moment before nodding.

“As for the date of the game, it has been chosen based in miss D’vina’s schedule. The administration made sure of giving you enough time to rest between your game and miss D’vina’s next game.”

Aleen put a confused expression when he heard it. “I don’t understand. If there are games designed to my level, why do I have to participate with D’vina?”

Leona organized her thoughts briefly before explaining.

“It’s because you are miss D’vina’s assistant. Don’t underestimate it; being the assistant of a level five is something that many people dream about. You were unlucky this time, but most assistants are pretty safe when they accompany their guides; it’s because the guides generally made sure of protecting their assistants properly during the games. Moreover, many guides think of their assistants as a kind of apprentice, so they teach them many tricks and techniques, so their assistants can increase their strength and level more easily.”

“… I see.” Aleen nodded after understating the meaning of Leona's words.

“Very well, returning to the topic of your next game, I have a bit of bad news for you.”

“What happened?” Aleen put a wary expression when he heard Leona.

Leona, on the other hand, hesitated slightly when she saw Aleen's expression; but at the end, she explained with a business-like tone.

“… You see, the degree of difficulty of the games is dependent on your score. It was designed like that so the participants can feel pressured constantly, and display their greatest potential. Unfortunately for you, you ended killing a level four monster this time, so your score increased a bit more than expected.”

“… What do you mean?”

“Don’t worry, your score is still in the range of a level two; but it’s near the standard of a level three; so, your mission this time will probably be a bit hard.”

Aleen didn’t know what expression to make when he heard Leona's explanation. In the end, he simply sighed tiredly and indicated that he understood.

Leona nodded when she saw it, and then she showed Aleen the catalog of products available.

A few minutes later, Aleen finally left the room.

With this, the second arc reaches to an end. I still have to publish the interludes, but it's another thing. They will be posted during the next three days (Or more)

As an inexperienced author, I noticed many mistakes in this arc. Some things didn't end as I expected, and some others I was unable to explain well. But well, it's a good experience and I hope that you can continue accompanying me through it...

The next arc I will introduce my favorite character, so wait for it. Besides, leave a comment with your thoughts about this arc (If you think that something could be done better or different, or if you like anything in particular).

Remember to support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise

Special thanks to: Trent Stone

23