Chapter 62 – Interlude: Eternal Flame (1)
1.4k 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This chapter was supposed to come yesterday but I ended procrastinating... Another one coming in ten minutes...

The Nevado Del Ruiz, located in Colombia, is considered one of the most dangerous active volcanos on the world, being responsible for some of the worst tragedies caused by volcanos through history.

Because of its active state, the access to the mountain is restricted to only authorized personal, and it’s constantly monitored to avoid the repetition of a tragedy. Today, however, a group of unexpected visitors was standing before the peak of the mountain nonchalantly.

It was a group of blue-skinned people, each around two meters tall, dressed in strange futuristic clothes. They were observing the volcano using some strange devices to analyze something in it.

While a group of drans tried to analyze the information showed by the devices, another two of them were standing at the crater of the volcano, speaking with serious expressions.

“Are you sure about it, Lnio?”

“I’m sure, his supremacy. The data shows that there is at least an eighty percent of certainty that something is living inside the volcano.”

“Hmm, Interesting… What do you think it is?”

The dran in charge of this mission, Lnio, thought for a moment before answering to the level six.

“There are various possibilities, the most possible being a kind of unknown creature that feeds of thermic energy, so I cannot be sure about the source of the signals. However, I have a theory about it…”

“Oh?”

“Sir, if my guess is right, then the thing living inside the volcano is probably an ‘Eternal Element’.”

Immediately, a serious expression appeared on the level six’s face.

“Are you sure?”

“I’m not, sir.” Lnio shook his head. “But the behavior of the creature inside is the same as some records about ‘Eternal Flames’.”

The level six dran, Kdon Srive, put a thoughtful expression when he heard it while using a hand to scratch his chin.

“I see… Certainly, the possibility of finding an eternal element is more than enough for me to come here. Who would have expected that a world completely lacking in mana like this would give birth to something like that?”

Directing his gaze towards the lava below, the level six took a step forward.

“It’s better if I investigate it as soon as possible. Lnio, make sure that nobody else learns about it!”

“I understand, his supremacy.”

Kdon gave a brief nod of approval; then, he jumped towards the lava without hesitation.

His body fell directly in the pool of burning magma; but before the lava could touch his skin, a small forcefield enveloped his body completely, isolating him from the extreme temperatures outside.

Once his body fell in the lava, he did not hesitate and began to swing downwards, using his frightening amount of mana to move his body quickly.

His vision was completely dyed in a burning read, and Kdon was unable to use his eyes to acquire information from around him, but it did little to hinder the powerful senses of a level six. With a thought, waves of mana spread out with him as the center and analyzed the surroundings, before returning to the level six bringing the informationback.

Like that, he continued advancing through while searching for the location where his subordinates found the anomaly.

Before long, he reached the place where the life signal was detected.

The level six stopped when he reached this place and closed his eyes. He tried to use his powerful senses to find a source of mana in the lava. His subordinates were able to use mana detectors to find the creature from the surface, so it should not be too hard to find it through his senses now that he is close to it.

Like that, the level six kept quiet for five minutes.

Suddenly, he opened his eyes.

“I found you.”

With an expression of excitement, the man moved his sight towards a place not far from his position and resumed advancing.

Quickly, a creature appeared before him.

It was a very beautiful being of fire, shaped like a bird, and with very small size; at most thirty centimeters. Kdon could not hide his surprise and astonishment when he saw the beautiful creature.

“Sigh… Nobody can beat mother nature when it comes to creating beautiful things."

“Chirp?” The burning bird made a curious sound when it noticed the man. Then, it began to chirp excitedly.

It was its first time seeing another living being besides itself; so the bird could not help but began to cry happily when it saw the man. The little bird of fire began to sing and swim around the man happily.

Feeling the enormous amount of energy inside the bird, the man sighed once more. Then, an expression of excitement appeared on his face.

Extending his hand, he sent a wave of mana gently towards the bird.

“Come here, little thing.”

“Chirp!”

The little bird of fire cried excitedly and moved its wings. It swam towards the hand of the level six, but before he could grab it, it quickly flew away.

“Huh?”

“Chirp!”

Kdon frowned briefly when it saw the bird running away happily. Quickly, he sent another wave of mana, hoping to attract the bird to his hand and catch it easily.

“Come here, come here…”

However, the bird ignored him.

Instead, it began to swim around while singing and chirping without stop. Sometimes, it swam near Kdon, but always that he tried to grab it, it would fly away without hesitation.

Evidently, the bird's excitement wasn't enough to eliminate its wariness towards the unknown creature.

It could feel that the level six was very powerful, so it would not risk its life allowing itself to be grabbed.

Kdon frowned when he saw It; but quickly, he shook his head in resignation.

“It looks like you will not come for yourself huh… Well, I don’t mind if I have to catch you!”

And with that as the signal, he created a powerful forcefield.

Support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise

Special thanks to: Trent Stone.

19