Chapter 63 – Interlude: Eternal Flame (2)
1.4k 5 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The firebird immediately noticed that something was wrong.

With a flap of its wings, it quickly tried to fly away. Its body moved through the flames freely like a fish on the water, but when it was about to escape from the level six, its body crashed against something.

“Chirp!?”

The firebird cried in shock before the unexpected situation. It then tried to escape again from another direction, but its body crashed against something once more.

“Do you think you can escape from me, little bird?”

The level six smiled confidently while looking towards the bird of fire. He then raised his right hand and snapped his fingers softly.

*Snap*

Immediately, a transformation occurred in the sea of lava.

All the lava around the man began to flow outside. In a few seconds, the lava five kilometers around the man disappeared, creating a zone free of burning fire.

An expression of astonishment appeared on the bird’s face when it saw it. As an eternal element, born from the burning magma flowing out from the earth’s core, it was the first time that it saw a place without fire.

The bird instinctively tried to return to the sea of fire, but he crashed against something every time he tried to escape. Unable to understand, it looked towards the other creature nearby.

The man looked towards the bird with a teasing smile and explained. “Nice skill, right? I call it ‘Divine Territory: Force’. It allows me to create a forcefield where I can impose my own rules. Of course, I cannot create something outrageous like a sure-death zone or anything too powerful; but there is no problem if I just want to get the lava out of my domain.”

The bird tilted its head unable to understand his words. Despite it, however, it understood that the man was the cause of this situation; so it charged towards him without hesitation.

“Chirpppppp!”

With a cry of rage, a sea of fire was unleashed with it as the center. The temperature inside the force field rose beyond 5000°C, and the flames flew towards the blue-skinned man fiercely.

“Hou…”

The man continued to smile confidently and raised his hand. Instantly. Another forcefield appeared before him, stopping the bird’s attack easily.

“Such high temperatures… How expected from an eternal flame.”

Raising the corners of his mouth upwards, the man then waved his hand, throwing the flames towards the lava outside.

The bird made a surprised expression when it saw the man blocking his attack easily, but it continued attacking regardless of it. With another flap of its wings, more flames were created around the bird.

A great amount of energy was liberated from the bird and feed to the flames. The flames increased in temperature even more than before, surpassing quickly the 7000°C and taking a whitish color.

Unfortunately, it was not enough to hurt the man.

Simply waving his hand, forcefield after forcefield appeared, negating each attack from the bird and cornering it little by little. Before long, the bird noticed that the space where it could move was being drastically reduced.

“Chirp!!!”

With a cry of rage, it tried to call the flames in the surroundings to attack the man; however, the lava was being kept far from the bird for a forcefield.

At that moment, the bird finally understood that it was in trouble.

It gave another cry of fury and attacked again the forcefield hindering its escape, but it only shook slightly without showing a sign of collapsing.

Despair began to appear on the bird’s face. Its movements became more frantic and it attacked crazily the surroundings searching for a way out from this situation. Unfortunately, none of its attacks were successful.

The level six simply looked to the situation with a smile without doing anything beyond moving his hands. He seemed confident that the bird would be unable to escape.

“How incredible…” He said with an expression of amazement. “To think that its attacks can attain the bare minimum standard of a level six. Fortunately, my skills are very suited to fight against it; otherwise, even I would have trouble capturing it.”

The man clicked his tongue when he thought about the possibility of being defeated by a bird. Shaking his head, he concentrated on keeping the bird trapped and waiting for it to waste more of its energy.

Before long, the bird’s attacks began to weaken, and the power of its flames slowly fell.

The bird became even more frantic when it noticed it. It began to cry in sadness and despair while looking to the level six as if begging for him to leave it to escape.

But it was impossible for the level six to let the bird go. When he noticed that the power behind the bird’s attacks decreased, he extended one of his hands slowly and clenched it.

Immediately, a small forcefield appeared around the bird. The bird tried to escape from the entrapment, but the man's skill was faster.

He manipulates his mana and willed the forcefield to reduce its size. Then, he used his mind to pull the bird towards him.

But when he was going to grab the bird, something happened.

*RUMBLE!!!*

Without warning, a powerful earthquake happened.

The lava around the forcefield began to move with ferocity, and some rocks crashed against heavily the barrier. Before the man could react to the situation, a gigantic rock was shot from the deeps of the sea of burning magma at great speed. The rock flew right towards the forcefield, crashing against it and destroying the barrier instantly.

“Dammit!” The man cursed in irritation and tried to create another force field. But at that moment, the lava in the surroundings flowed furiously towards him. At the same time, the rock that crashed against the forcefield exploded in thousands of pieces.

And casually, a fragment from the rock destroyed the forcefield trapping the bird.

*Chirp!!!*

With a cry of happiness, the bird quickly expanded its wings and flew from the forcefield towards the deeps of the lava.

“Oh no! You will not escape!”

With a cry of rage, the man created a forcefield in the path of the bird, obstructing its way. The bird reacted immediately and changed its course in the opposite direction.

The level six tried to create another forcefield, but an explosion of lava forced him to defend, allowing the bird enough time to escape upwards.

“Dammit!”

Enraged, the man tried to chase after the bird, but more eruptions of lava and explosions of rocks blocked him. When it finally ended, the bird already was gone.

Unresigned, he quickly chased after the bird. In a few minutes, he flew outside the volcano.

When he reached to the surface, he found the Nevado Del Ruiz covered in lava and ashes.

Before he could understand what was happening, his subordinate, Lnio, flew towards him using a strange vehicle.

“His supremacy, what happened!? I saw a bird of flame flying out from the volcano!”

Kdon Sriva put an unsightly expression and replied. “It was the eternal element! It escaped when I was trying to catch it!”

An astonished expression appeared on his subordinate's face. “Impossible! It was able to escape from his supremacy!?”

“It was the will of the world!” Kdon said grinding his teeth. “It interfered when I was about to catch it!”

“The will of the world!? Do you mean…”

“Yes, I didn’t expect that this world was able to form a will. I felt it clearly when I was trying to catch the bird.”

A serious expression appeared on Lnio’s face. Closing his eyes, he thought about the implications of his leader's words.

“But if this world has a will, then… Will a hero appear?”

The level six fell silent when he thought about it. Giving a sigh, he shook his head and replied.

“This is not the moment to think about it... Lnio! I need that you use all our capabilities to find where the eternal flame is!  Once you find it, tell me its location immediately! We cannot allow it to get a host!”

“I understand, master… But what happens if it gets a host?”

“Then, we think of a method to eliminate him.”

With it, we finish with the interludes. Next chapter is back to the main story...

Support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise

Special thanks to: Trent Stone.

14