Chapter 65 – Unexpected Visitors (2)
1.5k 10 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Mr. Aleen? We are from National Security, and we need to ask you some questions.”

Aleen made a surprised expression when he heard the man's words, but he quickly calmed down.

“Something happened?” He asked while frowning.

“We are investigating a case, and need to ask you some things. Can we go in?” The first man replied.

Aleen hesitated slightly before opening the door. The only thing he had to hide was the information relevant to Dimensional Paradise, but they could not know about it, so he did not fear to be asked something.

But when the two men were going to enter, he stopped them and extended his hand.

“How do I know if you truly are from the government? Can I see your IDs?”

“There is no problem.” Smiled one of the men. “Here, take it. It’s my ID and it’s my badge.”

Aleen took the badge and observed it detailed. It looks real, Aleen thought before returning it to the man.

“I’m sorry about it. I heard that some people lie, saying that they are from the government, to enter someone’s home and then rob them, so I must be careful.”

“Don’t worry, it’s good that you are so wary.”

Aleen nodded and allowed them to go in. Once inside, he pointed to the sofa and spoke. “Sit down, please. I’m going to get you something to drink.”

“It’s okay, we don’t need it. We are just going to ask some questions and leave quickly, you don’t need to bother.”

“Very well.”

Aleen nodded and sat in front of the two agents.

At that moment, Claire came out from the kitchen and looked towards the two men curiously. “Who are them, brother?”

“From national security. They said that they are going to ask some questions.”

The expression of Claire turned to one of doubt. “Something happened?”

“Don’t worry, young miss.” Interrupted one of the men. “We only need to know some information and then we will leave.”

“That is good.” Claire sighed in relief.

“Why don’t you sit beside your brother, miss? You can help us to corroborate some things after all.”

Claire put a surprised expression but quickly nodded and sat beside Aleen.

Seeing it, the man took a notebook and opened it. With a serious tone, he introduced himself.

“My name is Alexander Wilson and he is my companion, Charles Willian. We are here to investigate a case, and there is the possibility of Mr. Aleen being related.”

Aleen expression turned serious. “A case? I don’t remember being involved in anything strange lately.”

The agent Wilson smiled reassuringly to Aleen. “We are not accusing you from anything, Mr. Aleen. We only need to get some information from you.”

Taking a pen from a pocket inside his coat, he began. “Where were you in the morning eleven days ago?”

When Aleen heard the question, he immediately confirmed that the men were investigating about Dimensional Paradise.

Aleen could not help but become surprised by seeing the government's speed of reaction. To think that they, not only began to investigate about Dimensional Paradise so quickly, but also narrowed him as one of the suspects of participating in the game.

From the man’s question, it was obvious that they took him as a suspect due to his disappearance eleven days ago. Aleen remembered that, back then, Claire asked the neighbors if they knew something about his whereabouts.

What frightened Aleen, though, was that Claire never reported it to the police. How did the government learn about his disappearance then?

Fortunately, Aleen already suspected that something was wrong from the moment when he learned that they were from National Security, so he already had an answer prepared.

“Eleven days ago? I think that I was in the forest at the outskirts of the city that day. Why?”

“The forest?” The two agents made obvious expressions of doubt. “What were you doing there, Mr. Aleen?”

Aleen feigned an awkward expression and replied. “I was planning to take my sister on a picnic, so I was searching for a good place to go.”

Agent Wilson frowned deeply. “… Is there someone that can testify to your words.”

Aleen put a thoughtful expression and remained silent for a moment. After a few seconds, he replied.

“… I don’t remember seeing anyone I know when I was going to the forest the first time; but our neighbor, Mrs. Claudia, saw us when we went to the picnic a week ago.”

The two agents looked at each other when they heard it. Agent Wilson then looked towards Claire and asked.

“Is that right, miss Claire?”

“Yeah, Mr. officer. Brother told me that he went to a search for a place for the picnic and took me there a week ago. I can confirm it.”

“I see…”

The agent put a thoughtful expression and wrote something in his notebook. He then sighed and stood up from his seat, followed by his companion.

“Very well, Mr. Aleen, miss Claire. Many thanks for your time.”

“Is it all?” Aleen asked. “Can I ask what is the case I was questioned for?”

Agent Wilson put a complicated expression and shook his head. “I’m sorry, Mr. Aleen. It’s classified information. Now, we have to go. We will contact you if there is something new.”

Aleen nodded with a fake expression of relief. “I'll accompany you to the door.”

The two men agreed and quickly walked towards the door.

But when they were about to leave, the second agent stopped suddenly and looked fixedly towards Aleen.

“Can I make you one last question, young man. Do you know what ‘Dimensional Paradise’ is?”

Aleen did his best to prevent his expression from changing to one of surprise. Instead, he feigned a look of curiosity.

“Dimensional Paradise? It sounds like a game.”

The agent looked to Aleen for a few seconds, making him think that maybe he exposed something. But finally, the agent nodded slightly and opened the door.

“It’s nothing, don’t worry.”

Then, the two men walked towards a car parked in front of the siblings’ home and left.

When Aleen saw the agents leave, he sighed in relief.

“Dammit, that last question caught me unprepared. I almost left the cat out the bag.”

Shaking his head, he closed the door and returned inside.

 

 

Inside a black car, the two men kept quiet while wearing pensive expressions.

Seeing a red light ahead, agent Wilson stopped the car and waited for it to turn green. Meanwhile, he looked towards his companion and asked.

“Did you notice anything wrong?”

“He seemed like a normal lad to me. And though his excuse was a bit farfetched, his neighbor confirmed that he went to the forest with his sister seven days ago.”

“Then, is he no related to it?”

“I’m not sure, but at least he didn't look like one.”

Agent Wilson furrowed his brows deeply when he heard it. “How many people had we found that entered the game?”

“Only two between the three thousand suspects until now, but none with powers. We found someone with superpowers not long ago, but he didn't get them in the game.”

“Is it so?”

With a sigh, Alexander Wilson resumed driving when the light turned green.

He could not help put a worried expression when he thought about the many incredible things that he learned about a week ago.

“This world sure is crazy, huh…”

Support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise

Special thanks to: Trent Stone.

16