Chapter 66 – Body-Enhancement Drug (1)
1.6k 8 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Late chapter, but today was a busy day...

Another one coming in ten minutes

At night, Aleen was sleeping deeply in his bed.

It was around 3:00 am, and no noise could be heard around the house. Claire had fallen asleep early inside her room, tired due to pulling an all-nighter last night.

At this moment, the bracelet on Aleen’s wrist began to ring.

*RingRingRingRingRing*

Aleen woke up groggily and searched for the source of the sound, but when he took a look at his cellphone, he noticed that it wasn’t the one ringing.

“Huh?” Surprised, he looked around the room until he noticed the bracelet on his wrist flashing dimly.

Curious, Aleen used his finger to touch it and a screen expanded before him.

“A call?”

Still groggy, Aleen tried to understand what was happening. Seeing a message flashing ‘Call Incoming’, he pressed ‘Agree’ instinctively.

Immediately, the image on the screen changed to show a room.

It was a very luxurious room, with many kinds of decorations and a big bed in the middle of it.

Strangely, the room gave a feeling of order and discipline. Despite it being lavishly decorated, the room seemed to show the swordsman soul of the person living inside it.

However, Aleen paid little attention to any of it.

Instead, his gaze was fixed on the person in the middle of the room.

A beautiful black-haired girl was seated cross-legged on the bed. Her long hair fell freely to her shoulders, making her ice-cold expression stand out even more, and drops of water could be seen through her body; Aleen wasn’t sure if it was water or sweat.

She was using a sleeveless shirt, with short pants focused more on the ease of the wearer’s movement than in covering the body.

Aleen had seen D'vina's beauty before, but he could not help but fall mesmerized after seeing her current appearance.

“You finally pick up?” An icy voice sounded from the bracelet.

When Aleen heard her words, the spell on him immediately disappeared and he finally reacted.

“D-D’vina! W-Why are you calling me now?”

“I told you I was going to call you, don’t I?”

“Y-Yeah, you are right…” Aleen took a deep breath and calmed down. “But you could have chosen a different moment than in the middle of the night…”

“Oh? Is it already night in your world? Here is still afternoon.”

Aleen put a perplexed expression and remembered that it was normal for the time between the two worlds to be different.

Sighing slightly, he stretched his body and stood up from his bed. “Wait for a moment, I’m going to wash my face.”

“Hurry up. The faster we begin the training, the better.”

Aleen nodded and went to the bathroom to wash his face.

Using cold water to clean his face, he looked to the mirror and saw his deep blue eyes and slightly messy black hair.

Sighing briefly, he hit his cheeks twice and left the bathroom.

He then went down the stairs and walked out to the courtyard.

“I’m ready.”

D’vina nodded curtly and asked something.

“You bought the things I told you?”

“I did.” Aleen replied. “I have them in my storage.”

“Very well. Today, we only are going to use the body-enhancement drug. Do you know how to use it?”

Aleen thought for a moment before answering. “I was told how by my representative, but I would like if you explain it to me again.”

“It doesn’t matter.” D’vina nodded without changing her ice-cold expression. “I’m going to explain it to you once more, so pay attention.”

After thinking for a moment, she opened her mouth. “Body-enhancement drugs are an artificial method to enhance the body of a super. It works by infusing a special liquid that accelerates the rate at which your cells absorb mana. Once your cells are filled with mana, it destroys them and stimulates the creation of new and stronger cells, and then the process repeats again.

“Don’t worry, the process is very safe, if you use the drug corresponding to your level of course; though it’s very painful. The only thing that you have to take care of not to stop the circulation of your mana during the process.”

“I understand.” Aleen nodded. It was the same explanation that Leona told him, so Aleen didn’t have any doubt.

“Very well, let’s begin then. Take out the drug.”

Aleen sent a bit of mana to a ring on his finger and took out the body-enhancement drug.

The ring was one of the things he bought from Leona. It was a magical storage tool with a bit less of a cubic meter of space; it was the second most expensive thing he bought, with a price of five hundred coins. For the record, the body-enhancement drug only was worth three hundred coins.

The drug was inside a cylindrical glass container. It was a metallic blue liquid and Aleen could not help but think that it looked a bit like the T-virus of Resident Evil.

“Okay. Now, take off your shirt and inject it when you are ready.”

“My shirt?”

“Yeah, unless you want to ruin it.”

Aleen did not understand D’vina’s words, but he chose to obey her despite it.

Taking a pair of deep breaths, he took off his shirt and looked to the container on his hand. Then, he injected it into his arm without hesitation.

Immediately, he felt a cooling sensation running through his arm. Aleen put a surprised expression when he did not feel the pain he was expecting; but before he could relax, D’vina voice came from the bracelet in his arm.

“Now, circulate your mana! Hurry up!”

Aleen immediately began to circulate his mana following the method taught to him by D’vina. In the beginning, he did not feel anything different; but after a few seconds, a painful feeling began to spread through his body.

“Urgh!” Aleen grunted.

“Sit down and calm your breathing!” D’vina reminded him with a calm tone. “Now, you only need to endure the pain and concentrate on circulating your mana.”

Aleen simply nodded. With a grave expression, he tried to suppress the pain he was feeling.

Unfortunately, the feeling of pain did not go away despite his efforts.

On the contrary, it continued increasing crazily.

Before long, Aleen became unable to pay attention to his surroundings.

And a bit later, he stopped being able to suppress his cries of pain.

“URG!!!” Aleen clenched his teeth and grunted painfully.

Blood and sweat began to flow out from his pores, and his breath grew ragged. D’vina, however, kept a cool expression when she saw it.

At that moment, Claire walked out of the house attracted by Aleen's sounds.

When she saw the scene of Aleen bleeding and grunting in pain, she screamed.

“Brother!!!”

19