Chapter 67 – Body-Enhancement Drug (2)
1.4k 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second chapter today...

“Brother!!! What is happening!?”

When Claire came out of the house, the first thing she saw was Aleen bleeding through all his body while grunting in pain.

Claire did not hesitate to run towards Aleen; however, a voice stopped her before she could reach him.

“Stop there, girl!”

Claire’s body stopped in place instinctively. She made an expression of surprise and worry and moved her sight towards the place where the voice was coming from.

Immediately, she saw the floating screen coming from Aleen’s wrist. Claire knew that it was coming from the bracelet on his wrist, so she wasn’t surprised by it; what surprised her, though, was the woman on the screen.

“Who are you!? What is happening to my brother!?” She asked in a hostile tone.

D’vina frowned briefly and replied in her ice-cold tone. “I’m D’vina, your brother’s teacher. He is currently using a drug to enhance his body, so it’s better if you don’t interrupt him.”

Claire’s expression eased slightly, but she did not lower her guard completely. She had heard her brother speak about D’vina, but he never told her anything about using something so dangerous.

“Why is brother like this?”

“Don’t worry, it’s normal.” D’vina replied while using her pitch-black eyes to observe Claire curiously. “His body is eliminating the destroyed cells to produce new and stronger ones. Everything will be alright if you don’t interrupt him.”

Though Claire was not certain about D’vina’s words, she decided to believe them for now. After all, it didn’t seem as if he was forced to use it; besides, she could not afford to do something that could put her brother’s life at risk.

At that moment, Aleen began to cough heavily.

“*Cough Cough*!!!”

At the same time, he threw up a bit of flesh and organs mixed with black blood.

When Claire saw it, her expression turned to one of fear. She suppressed her desire to run towards her brother and looked towards D’vina. “I-Is it also normal?”

D’vina furrowed her brows deeply. “His reaction is stronger than I thought, but it’s still in the safe parameters. Don’t worry, girl; your brother will be alright.”

Claire could only nod hearing her words.

Currently, Aleen was in an endless sea of pain.

A bit after he began to circulate his mana, he began to feel a sensation of pain through his entire body.

In the beginning, he was able to endure it easily; but with the time, the pain became worse and worse, and after a few minutes, he had to put all his attention on suppressing the pain.

Aleen used all his willpower to keep his mana circulating. He remembered D’vina saying that he had to keep it circulating during the entire process, but he never thought that it would be so hard.

Aleen felt as his internal organs were being cut by a million knives, while his body was submerged in a pool of acid. The pain was even worse than the one he suffered when he first entered the game.

But despite it, Aleen concentrated on keeping his mana circulating.

He tried to ignore the pain, but the sensation of his organs being destroyed brought the pain back each time. He felt his consciousness becoming heavy, and a desire to sleep filled his mind; his body wanted to be free from this pain.

But each time he was about to faint, Aleen remembered Ana’s death and D’vina’s words.

If he didn’t want to go through something like Ana’s death again, if he wanted to become stronger, then he must persist.

Aleen didn’t know it, but it was something normal to faint during the process of enhancing the body.

The body-enhancement drug was a product refined through many generations in many dimensions. It was so safe that, as long as you use the drug corresponding to your level, you could use it even when slept.

However, though it wasn't dangerous if you faint in the middle of the enhancement, enduring the pain while conscious was one of the requirements to get the greatest enhancement possible when using the drug.

Very few people were able to endure the pain; and to be honest, not even D’vina thought that Aleen would be able to endure it.

So, when she saw Aleen keep circulating his mana without fainting despite the pain, a rare smile of approval appeared on her face.

The process of enhancement continued for another fifteen minutes under the worried gaze of Claire and the concentrated look of D’vina. Finally, after Aleen’s body expulsed almost five liters of blood, the pain began to subside.

Aleen sighed in relief when he felt it, and accelerated the speed of his circulation.

Another two circulations later, the sensation of pain disappeared almost completely.

“Congratulations.” He heard D’vina’s voice the moment when the process finished; Aleen noticed that her voice sounded more cheerful than normal, but he thought that it was just his imagination.

Opening his eyes, the first thing that he saw was his sister standing not far from him with a worried expression. Aleen smiled calmly to reassure her and stood up to feel the changes on his body.

But contrary to his expectations, his body did not feel light or filled with strength.

Instead, he felt completely drained.

“It looks like it was successful.” D’vina smiled approvingly.

“Is it so? Why do I feel so tired then…” Aleen asked with a confused tone.

“That is normal. Your body went through a complete transformation, so you will feel tired after the process. It’s better if you rest during the next day and focus on circulating your mana to get used to your new body. I will call you again tomorrow to begin with the training.”

Aleen nodded signaling that he understood. Then, with an expression of doubt, he asked. “Teacher, are days in your world the same as here?”

“... I forgot to consider it… Wait a moment…”

Without waiting for Aleen’s reply, she began to fiddle with her bracelet. Before long, she nodded and replied to Aleen.

“Don’t worry, though the days are a bit shorter in your world, their length is almost the same as here.”

Aleen could not help but think that it was too much of a coincidence.

D’vina apparently noticed his thoughts, because she explained the reason at the next instant. “That is pretty normal between different dimensions, Aleen. All dimensions could be considered as branches of the same tree, so they share many similarities. Though it is not always the same, time is normally one of the most common features shared.”

Aleen nodded in understanding. Seeing it, D’vina waved her hand. “I’m going then. See you again tomorrow.”

Then, without waiting for Aleen to reply, she ended the call.

Aleen could not help but smile wryly seeing it.

Sorry If I didn't explain completely why dimensions share similarities, but I think that I better dedicate an entire extra chapter for it (Yeah, that is a long explanation).

Guys, unfortunately, I will be a bit busy this week, so I cannot guaranty that I will post all the chapters (I will try though).

Consider supporting me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise (I'm six chapters ahead there)

Special thanks to: Trent Stone

19