Chapter 70 – News
1.4k 5 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aleen trained all the afternoon and only stopped when the sky began to darken.

He panted slightly due to the fatigue caused by swinging the sword for so long. Fortunately, he could use mana circulation to relieve his fatigue, otherwise, he would have ended unable to move his body after such harsh training.

Normally, training with a sword wouldn't have been so tiring, even if he continued for two more hours; moreover, with his enhanced physique, Aleen could endure easily ten times more training.

His current training, however, was different. D’vina requirements were for each swing to be realized at full strength, without stopping during the three hours to rest, so, despite Aleen’s stronger physique, he could not help but begin to feel tired after a while.

Besides it, Aleen decided to apply the technique for ‘Sharp Blade’ to his sword training. Aleen thought that if he could do both of them at the same time, then he could dedicate more of his time to train other things.

But because of it, Aleen had to put part of his concentration on making sure that the mana was being used correctly, contributing even more to his tiredness.

Stretching out his body, Aleen sighed on satisfaction when he felt his muscles moving. He then retrieved his sword and put it inside the ring before walking inside the house.

Once inside, he found his sister playing with small birds made of mana. Aleen could not help but be surprised to the extent of his sister mana’s manipulation.

Even D’vina admitted that Claire’s talent for mana was rarely seen and said that if she could practice magic, she would have great hopes of advancing at least to level three.

When Claire noticed Aleen, she dispersed the translucid birds around her and walked towards him.

“Did you finish your training, brother?”

“For now.” Answered Aleen. “I will do the mana circulation once before going to sleep. What were you doing?”

“I was training my mana output, and seeing if I can use my birds of fire to attack.”

“Huh? You don’t have any skill, though.”

“You are right, but I figured that I can begin training from now to be prepared for when I get a skill.”

Aleen felt uncomfortable when he heard that Claire planned to acquire a skill, but he quickly smiled wryly so his sister doesn't notice it. He could understand her desire to get powers and accompany him in the games, but to be honest, Aleen would prefer if she keeps away from it.

Aleen, however, could more or less understand Claire’s thoughts. He knew that she always hated being protected; and though her illness sometimes forced her to not have more option but to receive Aleen’s help, she made sure to help with any chore when she is healthy.

It was the same with the games. Aleen remained in the games to get Claire’s cure; and despite she not saying anything about it, he knew that she was uncomfortable with the idea of Aleen risking his life for her sake.

Hiding his thoughts from Claire, Aleen smiled gently. “Are you using the technique that D’vina taught me?”

“Yes, I paid attention when miss D’vina was telling you about the circulation method, and tried to use it myself. It was more effective than I thought. Look.”

With a wave of her hand, Claire created a small bird of mana and threw it towards the courtyard.

The bird of mana flew quickly leaving behind a red path. Then, it hit a small bush.

*Poof!*

With a small explosion, a few leaves were burned slowly and then, the fire disappeared.

“Wow!” Exclaimed Aleen while feigning an expression of astonishment. “It was so… disappointing? What was it? A lighter?”

Claire pouted slightly. “Come on, brother. At least it destroyed a few leaves. I was unable to cause any damage before it.”

Aleen snickered when he heard Claire.

Like that, the pair went to the kitchen and prepared a simple meal for two. They then ate and cleaned the dishes before going to the living room.

The siblings sat on the sofa, with Aleen taking the remote control and turning the television on. Claire, on the other hand, began to play with her high-technology bracelet.

“Brother, I want to go tomorrow to the shopping mall; will you go with me?”

“Do you need anything?” Asked Aleen curious.

“Nothing important, only something I saw on the internet. Besides…” Claire hesitated slightly and looked to Aleen timidly. “I think it’s good if you relax a bit now that you finished a game, so I thought that it would be good if we spend the morning tomorrow relaxing in the mall.”

Aleen smiled slightly and stroked Claire’s head.

“Of course, I don’t mind.”

Claire blushed slightly and turned around to escape her brother’s gaze. She then began to browse through the internet using the bracelet on her wrist.

Aleen’s lips curved up when he saw it. Shaking his head, he turned his gaze towards the tv to see the news.

Before the long, though, Aleen began to frown.

It was because he could see news about, disasters caused by enraged animals, strange killings and crazy people in different parts of the world.

‘Have the changes on earth reached to this point? Strange, is the government not going to suppress the news related to Dimensional Paradise and the changes the earth is going through? But then, why don’t they explain everything to the citizens directly?’

“Look at this brother.” Claire spoke at that moment while showing to Aleen the webpage she was reading. “This page was posted one day ago, and many people have reposted it from then.”

Inside the image projected by Claire’s bracelet, Aleen could see a post titled ‘The Truth About the Recent Incidents Around the World?’

Frowning his brows, Aleen read the post carefully.

It was a very conspirative post, speaking mainly about the great number of monsters appearing around the world while also mentioning the sightings of people with superpowers around the world. However, it only mentioned Dimensional Paradise in the last paragraph.

The writer wrote ‘In my investigations, I discovered the frequent mention of something called ‘Dimensional Paradise’ and something about 'levels'; but I was unable to find anything else...'

Aleen’s expression turned serious when he finished reading it.

“It’s strange, no government around the world have published any information about Dimensional Paradise, but they aren’t making any effort to hide it either… What are they planning?”

Claire used her right hand to hold her chin and fell deep in thoughts. “I don’t know… Maybe they want to familiarize the population with the strange incidents before telling them the truth...? I cannot think of anything else.”

Aleen thought for a moment about Claire’s words, but in the end, he shook his head. “Forget it, it doesn’t have anything to do with us. To be honest, I don’t care while it doesn’t end affecting us.”

Claire simply smiled when she heard his word. “Okay, brother.”

Support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise

Special thanks to: Trent Stone.

17