Chapter 72 – A Fated Meeting (2)
1.3k 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yesterday chapter...

Well, I finished yesterday with the work I was doing, so this week will be pretty free (I think...)

Another chapter coming in ten minutes...

One of the most boring and tiring things in the world, is waiting in a line.

Aleen confirmed it again while waiting to buy a limited-edition royal teddy bear for his sister.

It had been fifteen minutes from when Aleen and Claire began to wait in the line, and they only advanced twenty meters during all that time.

A worried expression appeared on Claire’s face while looking to the remaining people.

“And now what is wrong?” Aleen asked when he saw Claire’s nervous expression.

“Brother, what if the bears are finished when it’s our turn?”

“That will not happen.” Aleen shook his head with an exasperated expression. “I can see a mountain of bears from here.”

“… You are right.” Claire sighed slightly and looked apologetically towards Aleen. “I’m sorry, brother. I told you that we were coming to relax and I ended making you wait here with me.”

Aleen smiled slightly and stroked her head. “Don’t worry about it, it’s not so bad after all.”

“Really?”

“No, thinking again, it’s really bad. But don’t mind it, I can wait for a bit more.”

Claire pouted slightly but at the end let out a small smile. “Thank you, brother.”

Aleen only smiled.

“You know, waiting here is making me hungry. Why don’t we eat some snacks after we buy the bear?” Aleen suggested.

“I know, brother! A friend told me that outside this mall there is a store that sells some very delicious crepes. If you want, I can buy some while you wait here.”

Aleen frowned slightly when he heard it. “Are you sure? What if your illness acts while you are alone?”

“Don’t worry about it, brother. You have noticed that I have been healthy lately; besides, if I begin to feel sick, I’ll call you immediately to tell you.”

Aleen relaxed his brows hearing it before agreeing helplessly. “Very well, but be careful.”

“Okay!”

Before Aleen could say anything else, Claire was already running to buy the crepes.

Aleen shook his head amused, but when he looked again towards the line he sighed tiredly and made his mind to never accompany his sister shopping again.

Aleen was unable to remember how many times he had done the same promise until now.

 

 

Claire didn’t take long before reaching to the crepe’s store.

With a smile on her face, she walked to the store and lined up to buy a pair of crepes for her and her brother.

Thinking about the exasperated expression of her brother while lining to buy the teddy bear, Claire could not help but smile mischievously.

‘Hmph! It will teach you to not make more decisions for yourself!’

The crepe’s store was pretty popular, so there were some people in the line before Claire. Fortunately, it didn’t take long before it was her turn.

But when Claire was about to order two crepes, she saw a girl looking towards the store from the corner of her eye.

The girl was very beautiful, with a petite body and lustrous silver hair. Claire noticed that her clothes were a bit tattered, but they weren’t as dirty as you’d expected from a street girl.

The girl was using her blue eyes to look fixedly towards the store, but her face sported an indifferent expression. Strangely though, Claire saw the girl speaking to her cat softly.

“Welcome to FreshCrep! What do you wish to order?”

The sweet voice from the store’s clerk reminded Claire of her purpose here. She quickly turned around and spoke. “I want two strawberry crepes… No, better give me three strawberry crepes.”

“Okay, wait a moment please.”

The clerk quickly prepared three crepes and packed them carefully. Claire then took out the money and grabbed the crepes.

Once she had the crepes on her hand, she looked towards the place where the silver-haired girl was and walked towards her.

When Claire reached to the silver-haired girl, she found the girl looking at her with an expressionless face. Claire smiled amicably and extended her hand while holding a crepe on it.

“Take it, little girl.”

A surprised expression appeared on the girl’s face, but it disappeared before Claire could confirm that it was there.

The girl hesitated for a moment but didn’t grab the bag. Claire wanted to say something, but when she was going to speak, the cat on the girl’s hand extended its pawn.

“Meow!”

With an excited cry, it hit the paper bag softly. Unfortunately, though, it made Claire drop the paper bag.

“Careful!” Said the girl with a very soft tone and extended her hand to grab the bag before it could fall to the ground.

She then tried to pass the bag back to Claire. “I’m sorry… Lily is very mischievous.”

“Don’t worry about it.” Claire smiled but didn’t take the bag. “I bought it for you anyway.”

The girl stayed silent for a few seconds when she heard it, and in the end, she retracted her hand and muttered something softly.

“Thanks.”

Claire only smiled happily and while indicating that it was nothing. Then, she closed her beautiful red eyes and waved her hand.

“I have to go; brother is waiting for me!”

Without waiting for the girl to answer, she turned around and ran back to the shopping mall.

However, something happened then.

*Bang!*

With the sound of a gunshot, a commotion spread outside the shopping mall.

A man was driving a car at high speed, while another man used a gun to shot to a police car chasing behind them.

“THIS IS THE POLICE OF LONDON! PLEASE STOP THE CAR AT THIS INSTANT AND CEASE ALL RESISTANCE!” A threatening voice came from the police car

“As if I will!” The man that was shooting said.

“Dammit!” Shouted the driver of the car being chased. “How can we be so unlucky that a police car passed by the jewelry store precisely when we are robbing it?!”

“It didn’t matter now! Hurry up and drive!”

“I’m on it!!!”

At that moment, a policeman shot from behind and hit one of the car’s tires.

“Dammit dammit!”

The driver of the vehicle cursed when he noticed it, and tried to control the car frantically. Unfortunately, the car was moving too fast, making it impossible to control.

The man tried to brake the car desperately, but it made the car turn upside down instead, and it flew crazily towards a store nearby.

And Claire, who was carrying the bag with the crepes, was in the path of the car.

Unable to react, she could only look while the car fell towards her.

An instant later, the car crashed against the store.

Support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise

Special thanks to: Trent Stone.

14