Chapter 98 – Pandemonium (5)
1.1k 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second chapter today (So surprising xD...)

“Run!”

With that word as the signal, the entire group turned around and ran.

Like before, Aleen took the lead and guided the group using the vague memories he had about the map he saw before.

When the spiders saw the group running away, they immediately chased them. More and more spiders fell from the ventilation duct, and though a few of them stayed behind to devour the crawler’s corpse, most spiders didn’t bother with it and preferred chase after the humans.

Aleen chose not to think about the spiders behind and concentrated all his mind on finding the right path.

‘Where is it…’

At that moment, he saw a door leading to the right.

“This way!” He shouted and ran towards the door.

The door was locked, but Aleen didn’t bother finding a way to open it. Instead, he pumped a great amount of mana into his sword and activated Sharp Blade, slashing the lock and kicking the door open.

But when the group entered, a great number of spiders fell from a ventilation duct ahead of them.

‘Dammit!’ Aleen cursed in his mind but did not stop running.

“Don’t stop! We are going to kill them!”

‘Seven of them!’ Aleen counted quickly in his head and activated the derived version of his skill

Dynamic Sight!

With his thoughts accelerated, he observed the position of each spider and planned the best course of action in his head, then, he accelerated.

Though he did not activate ‘Lightning Movement’, Aleen’s speed was faster than normal, perhaps because his body showed its maximum potential in this situation of extreme danger.

In a quick movement, his sword drew a faint line across the air and cut through the bodies of five spiders, killing them instantly.

He was going to kill the remaining two spiders with his next attack, but Lily was faster than him. With a silvery-dark glow, she used her claws to crush the two spiders’ heads.

Another spider fell from the duct at that moment, but Aya killed it with her spear before it could touch the ground.

Aleen looked at her briefly and nodded in acknowledgment. She answered with a small nod in her usual expressionless look and continued advancing.

The other four chased after them with pale faces. From a while ago, the situation had become Aleen and Aya’s stage.

Though, to be honest, Aleen was happy if they didn’t slow him down.

Actually, only the two bodyguards had been of help during the game. As for the young miss and the stubble guy, they killed a few normal zombies at most.

Of course, Aleen was not going to leave them behind because of it. Though he thought that they were useless, he knew that he was expecting too much of them if he wanted to see them face terrifying monsters bravely.

At least, they were better than the white-collar woman who only knew how to cry and tremble in fear.

The swarm of spiders was chasing closely after the group and screeching frighteningly. Some spiders caught with the group from time in time, but they were quickly repelled by the two bodyguards, who were taking the rear.

They continued running through the underground corridors towards the escape tunnel. Occasionally, groups of spiders would appear ahead of them using the ventilation ducts, but Aleen and Aya killed them quickly without giving them the opportunity to slow the group.

The chase continued for another two minutes and Aleen finally saw the door leading to the escape tunnel ahead.

He sighed in relief in his mind. To be honest, he was beginning to think that he led the group in the wrong way.

“We are here!” He shouted to the group and accelerated towards the metallic door.

The faces of them lit up in hope when they heard his words.

The door was closed, but fortunately for the group, it was not locked.

Aleen quickly grabbed the handle and turned it to open the door.

But when he opened the door, a creature suddenly jumped towards him.

‘Crap!’

Aleen opened his eyes wide and retreated instinctively, narrowly avoiding the claw of the creature.

‘A crawler!’ Aleen identified it immediately.

Behind him, the others stopped abruptly and paled when they saw the crawler.

At that moment, their hope turned into despair.

But Aleen was not prepared to give up.

With a thought, he activated his skill.

Lightning Movement!

Aleen’s only skill and trump card.

Strangely, Aleen felt as though he could control his body perfectly when he activated the skill this time. He could move his body at will, stopping when he wants and changing his direction with just one thought.

For the first time from the day he acquired this skill, he felt that he was in complete control of it.

Feeling the lightning coursing through his body, Aleen took a step forward and disappeared from the crawler’s sight.

The creature was unable to react before the unexpected change, and at the next instant, its head flew from its body.

Aleen appeared behind it and smiled excitedly before turning off the skill.

It was the first time he was able to stop the skill midway.

Aleen relished in the feeling of controlling the skill completely and engraved it in his memory.

But then, he heard someone screaming behind him.

“Argh!”

Turning around, he saw one of the bodyguards grabbing a spider from his body and throwing it away; but another spider then jumped towards him and bit his leg.

Aya and the other bodyguard were beside him, but the number of spiders was too great and they could not help him.

The spiders had caught with the group in the brief moment when Aleen fought the crawler and now they could only endure while Aleen killed it.

“Get in!” He shouted and charged towards the rear, killing the spider that bit the bodyguard and buying time for the group.

The others quickly reacted and ran towards the door. Aya and Aleen remained behind and killed another few spiders while the others went in. When everybody else was inside, they entered and closed the doors.

The spiders clashed against the door trying to open it, but fortunately, it was made of metal and could endure for a while.

“Hurry up!” Aleen shouted without stopping to rest. “Find the stairs that go to the escape tunnel. They must be somewhere around here.”

The others nodded and began to search around the room. Quickly, the college girl found a door hidden behind a cabinet.

“Mr. Aleen, here!”

Aleen pushed the cabinet away and observed the door. Without hesitation, he grabbed his sword cut the door open. The stairs were behind it.

“Let’s go!” He said to the group.

They nodded and walked towards the stairs.

But at that moment, the injured bodyguard fell to the ground.

“Carlos!” The college girl shouted.

Support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise to read until 10 chapters ahead...

20