Chapter 120 – Ancient Battlefield (1)
1.2k 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I owe one chapter...

‘Dimensional Movement Completed.

Confirming vital signs… Confirmed.

Confirming participation requirements… You have not been found in the participation list, searching relevant information…

Not relevant information found, processing… Your participation has been authorized as individual E64778498’s partner.

Confirming authority… Level-two confirmed.

According to your status, you must follow the following rules:

  1. You must end the game with a positive score.

Failure to follow any rule will be punished with death.

Welcome to Dimensional Paradise’

 

‘Loading relevant information…

Game type: Survival.

Team characteristics: Individual (This game did not allow cooperative mode, but you can team up with other participants during the game).

Number of participating teams: Not apply.

Winning conditions: Survive until the end of the game.

Location: Aurus’s cluster battlefield.

Degree of danger: Level III... This game did not allow cooperative mode, so the difficulty will not be increased despite the participation of two extra level-two.

Description: You have suddenly appeared in an ancient battlefield filled with bones and destroyed weapons. Unfortunately, this place is far from safe. Survive and kill the monsters inhabiting the battlefield, but be careful, others like you are also in the battlefield, and they did not have good intentions.

Note 1: You must survive for four hours, after which, you will be teleported away.

Note 2: Killing other participants is allowed and will be rewarded with coins and points.

 

Authority level: II (Companion (Main) participant)

The following functions have been made available:

                COM (Only to communicate with other main participants).

 

UDP Coins: 69.’

 

 

The first thing Aleen did when he awoke was finding Claire.

Fortunately, she and Aya spawned beside him. He feared that Claire would appear away from him due to the AI saying that this game could not be cooperative, but apparently, the game recognized Aleen and Aya as Claire’s companions and spawned the three of them together.

Aleen then put on his armor and waited for the others to wake up.

Aya and Lily awoke a few seconds after Aleen. Aya managed to get her metallic claw before rushing to the portal, so she wore it in her right hand.

But even after one minute passed, Claire did not wake up.

Aleen’s expression turned worried.

Although Claire experienced something strange before being swallowed by the portal, Aleen knew that the game heals and enhances all the participants before entering the game, so he supposed that Claire would get back to normal.

But from the looks of it, things were not so simple.

From Aleen’s experience, all the participants should be awake already. Furthermore, Aleen suspected that Claire was a level-two, so she should wake up faster.

Aleen tried to touch Claire to wake her up, but when his hand was about to touch her cheek, he felt an incredibly high temperature burning his skin.

Aleen’s expression changed.

“Claire!” Aleen shouted and tried to touch her again. He enveloped his hand in a layer to mana to isolate the heat, but it was almost useless. However, it was enough for Aleen.

Despite feeling as though his skin was burning, Aleen grabbed Claire and held her in his arms.

Aya quickly approached when she saw that something was wrong, but when she was about to touch Claire, her instincts shouted her to stop.

At the same time, Lily’s fur stood erect and she growled in Claire's direction.

Strangely, Aya could not feel Claire’s high temperature from where she was. The temperature could be felt only in her skin and her surroundings were almost unaffected despite the heat.

“Claire, wake up!” Aleen desperately tried to wake Claire up, but she did not react. It was as though her illness acted again.

However, the temperature was many times higher than when the illness acted before.

Aleen’s thoughts fell into disarray, but he could not find a solution to her state.

But before he could despair completely, the situation changed.

Suddenly, Claire’s temperature fell drastically and returned to almost normal levels.

Although it was still a bit higher than normal, it was many times better than before.

A second later, she opened her eyes.

“Claire!” Aleen instantly shouted her name.

Claire was unable to understand the situation she was. When she opened her eyes, she looked at Aleen and then looked at the surroundings before looking back at Aleen again.

“Bro- Aleen, where are we?” She asked softly.

Aleen sighed in relief when she spoke. “Do you feel something strange in your body?” He asked, ignoring Claire’s question.

Claire put on a doubtful expression and closed her eyes. A few seconds later, she opened them again and furrowed her brows.

“I feel hot and tired… Besides, there is a flame in my heart.” She said weakly.

Aleen frowned hearing it. ‘A flame in the heart? But skills are supposed to appear in the mind, not the heart!’

Aleen shook his head and sent that question at the back of his mind. Now was not the time for it.

“Can you stand?” He asked.

Claire nodded and stood up weakly. Aleen’s expression turned dark when he saw her state. The participants of the game are supposed to be enhanced after entering the game, but Claire seemed even weaker than before.

Once she stood up, Aleen quickly explained the situation to her. Claire’s expression turned serious when she heard that they were inside Dimensional Paradise.

But Aleen noticed that her face was pale white. It was obvious that her situation was not normal.

“Do you know what did happen when you were training?” Aleen asked concerned.

Claire thought back to the time when she was training her mana and shook her head. “I don’t know… I just felt my heart beating wildly and then, it felt as though my body was enveloped on fire. Well, I still feel as though my body is on fire, but now it feels weaker than before.”

Aleen fell silent when he heard it.

‘Was it due to Claire awakening her skill? But skills are not supposed to produce pain… What is it then?’

At that moment, Aya opened her mouth.

“There is something inside her.”

Aleen and Claire were startled and turned towards her.

“What do you mean?” Aleen asked.

“Something is living inside her… Lily told me that it’s very strong and it is causing all the heat…”

You can support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise and read until the next game ten chapters ahead. I appreciated it very much...

21