Chapter 122 – Woman Wraith
957 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
2/2

"By chance, do you know where is my left arm?” The woman smiled sweetly.

The group’s expressions turned pale white.

Now that the woman turned towards them, they realized that half of her body was rotting, and her left shoulder was bleeding black blood from the place where her left arm should have been.

The beautiful woman from before had transformed into a terrifying monster, but she seemed as though she did not notice anything wrong with herself. She was looking at the group with a casual expression and a sweet smile, making the scene even more frightening.

Claire and Aya took a step back involuntarily. Aleen suppressed his impulse to retreat and looked at the woman with an astonished face.

“Huh? Is something wrong? Could it be that you have seen my arm?” The woman tilted her head cutely to a side seeing the reaction of the group.

“N-No, we didn’t see your arm.” Aleen gulped down and answered nervously while taking a defensive stance. But at that moment, the woman growled.

“You are lying! You saw my arm, right? RIGHT!?” Her face turned monstrous, and her tone of voice changed completely and became demonic. Aleen involuntarily pointed his sword towards her.

“No, you are mistaken, we d-”

“LIES! WhY ARe YoU sO neRVoUS TheN!!!!??? ReTURn mY AAAAARRRRRRRMMMMMMM!!!”

The woman, now a wraith, opened her mouth hideously and rushed towards them.

Her body turned translucent, and the little beauty remaining on her body turned into rotten flesh. She charged towards them while floating a few centimeters above the ground.

But despite her scary appearance, Aleen did not slow his reaction. When he saw the specter woman charging towards them, he took a step forward and slashed with his sword.

The sword left black afterimages behind and cut into the woman in an instant. It was so fast that the woman was unable to react against the attack.

However, the next scene took Aleen by surprise.

Despite receiving Aleen’s attack, the woman continued advancing as though nothing happened.

She passed through the sword and extended her claws towards Aleen ghastly.

“mY AAAARrrrMMmmmm!!!” She screamed.

Nevertheless, Aleen was not the newbie of three games ago.

When he saw that his attack was ineffective, he took a step back instinctively and evaded the woman’s attack.

“Careful! Something is wrong with that thing! My attack was useless!” He shouted to the others

“WhERe iS MY AaaaaARRRrrrMMmmmMMMMM!!!”

The woman continued screaming in a creepy voice and attacked Aleen again. She was fast, faster than any level-one, but a bit slower than Aleen. She was probably a level-two.

Aya and Lily attacked the woman from the right. Aya used her metallic claw while Lily rushed forward and extended her claws leaving behind silvery-black afterimages, but the attacks were useless. Lily’s attack caused a bit of damage, but it was almost negligible.

“Attack with mana!” Aleen quickly realized the secret behind the monster and instructed the others. Aya nodded and reinforced her claw with mana. She learned mana reinforcement not long ago and was still bad at it, but it was better than nothing.

At the same time, Aleen used ‘Sharp Blade’ and infused mana into his weapon.

Dark Night glowed with a silvery light and small sparks of lightning surged around it. Aleen then evaded a claw from the wraith and pierced her heart.

“AAAAaaaaaAARrrrGGGGG!!!” The woman screamed in pain and retreated frantically. An enormous hole appeared on her chest, but it quickly closed again. Nevertheless, Aleen noticed that her figure was a bit more transparent than before.

“It works!” He shouted and attacked again with his sword. The woman seemed to realize that Aleen was a hard opponent, because she changed her target to Aya.

But though Aya was slower than the wraith, she was not someone easy to defeat.

With the help of Lily, she attacked the woman resolutely and used her metallic claw to tear apart her translucid body.

If the woman would have more time, maybe one of her attacks would have connected and she would have hope of defeating Aya. Unfortunately, she never had the opportunity.

Because Aleen quickly supported Aya from behind and cut into the woman's body with his lightning-filled sword.

The woman screamed in pain repeatedly and desperately tried to kill them, but she was becoming slower and weaker with each passing second.

Finally, she was pierced by Aleen in the head and began to fade away with a shrill scream.

While fading, the specter retreated away and turned into a woman again. She then looked at the group and began to cry.

“I… I just wanted it… I just wanted my arm… my arm... mY AAAAARRRRRRRRMMMMMMM!!!” And she screamed.

But this scream was different from the previous ones.

Aleen felt a strong pain impacting his head.

The wraith did not miss this opportunity. Without hesitation, she turned into a blur and charged towards the group.

But instead of attacking Aleen or Aya, she attacked the weakest member, Claire.

Aleen paled instantly.

He tried to move his body desperately, but the pain in his head made it impossible to move, much less to activate his skill.

But at that moment, something incredible happened.

Before the ghastly face of the woman could touch Claire, a firebird materialized in front of her and flew toward the wraith.

This firebird was different from the ones that Claire created before. Although the shape was the same, it was bigger and hotter. It also was more beautiful and seemed more lifelike than before.

The woman was unable to avoid the firebird and crashed against it head-on. She then began to scream in anguish, and in seconds, she disappeared completely.

Aleen looked at the scene with a half-astonished half-relieved expression.

But in the next instant, Claire grabbed her chest again and kneeled in the ground while coughing a mouthful of blood.

“Urgh!”

“Claire!” Aleen shouted and ran instantly towards her. He noticed that her expression was even paler than before.

“… I’m fine, just a little pain.” Claire said after breathing heavily for a few seconds. “Br- Aleen, what do you think about my skill?”

Aleen looked worriedly at Claire before forcing a smile. “It was pretty cool.” He then cleaned a bit of blood that remained in her lips.

Claire smiled too and nodded. “Hmm!”

She then stood up with the help of Aleen and nodded towards Aya.

A few seconds later, the group continued advancing. Aleen wanted to let Claire rest a bit more, but he knew that the fight could have attracted the attention of more enemies, so they didn’t have more options but leave.

 

A few minutes later, two dran males reached the place where the fight occurred.

They observed the traces of the battle and looked at each other with serious expressions.

“Do you think it was our objective?” One of them said.

“Maybe.” The other answered. “We better confirm it.”

The first one nodded.

He then looked at his fellow dran and smiled playfully. “Hey, do you dare to bet with me?”

“… What do you propose?”

“What do you think about this… The one that completes His Supremacy’s assignment gets ten thousand coins from the other.”

The second man looked at the first one fixedly before smiling savagely. “I’m in.”

They then separated to chase after their objective.

Sorry for the delay guys. I had a few troubles at home and was unable to write the last few days. Fortunately, everything looks alright now. I'll try to post the missed chapters in the next few days...

You can support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise and read until the next game ten chapters ahead. I appreciated it very much...

17