Chapter 139 – Forming a Team
763 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
1/2

“… Is Claire alright?” Aya asked when she saw Aleen descending the stairs.

Aleen shook his head with a concerned expression. “She is not. Her temperature doesn't want to decrease and her body is still very weak. To be honest, I’m very worried.”

Aya wrinkled her brows. She was completely helpless before Claire’s strange situation.

Aya suggested taking Claire to the hospital, but Aleen refused vehemently. He didn’t know when Claire’s abilities will go out of control and burn everything in the surroundings. If something like that happens in the hospital, then Claire surely will end in some secret laboratory.

“Actually, I was thinking of asking miss Leona for a solution, but she sent us back before I could ask her.” Aleen sighed with a heavy expression. “Fortunately, she said that someone from Dimensional Paradise will visit us soon. Maybe he will know about what is happening to Claire. I can also try asking my teacher. Maybe she knows something about this Eternal Flame thing.”

Aya nodded silently. She hugged Lily in her arms and covered her mouth with Lily's body.

Aleen looked at her silently and forced a smile. “By the way, Aya. Thanks for helping us against that level-three. You saved us back then.”

“… Mm.” Aya hummed indifferently, but Aleen noticed a hint of a blush spreading on her cheeks.

Aleen felt his lips curving up involuntarily. In the short span time he had spent with Aya, he discovered that contrary to her usual expressionless look, Aya was very expressive.

It was hard to notice normally, but if you paid her attention closely, you would notice small signs, as her lips curving up slightly or her face loosening up. They were small details, but Aleen though that they made Aya very cute.

For a moment, Aleen wondered how Aya would react if he tells her about it.

In the end, though, he suppressed that dark desire. For much he wanted to see Aya’s embarrassed expression, he did not want to made her feel uncomfortable.

But what Aleen did not know was that Aya was already very embarrassed after feeling that he was staring at her fixedly.

“By the way, Aya.” Aleen spoke again. “Have you thought about what miss Leona suggested?”

Aya put on a doubtful expression, but she instantly was reminded of her conversation with Aleen yesterday at night.

However, to be honest, she still was unable to come to a decision.

She could not decide if she wanted to form a team with Aleen. She liked him, but she did not know if making a team was the right choice.

“… Do you want to make team with me?” Aya asked suddenly.

Aleen was startled, but at the next second, he put on a serious expression. “Yes.”

Aya opened her eyes wide hearing Aleen’s immediate answer. She looked into Aleen’s eyes with an expression of surprise.

But Aleen did not move his gaze away. He kept his eyes fixed into Aya’s and continued. “I don’t think I can find someone more trustworthy than you. You risked your life twice to save Claire, even when I told you that it was not necessary.

“Moreover, you and Lily are pretty incredible and cute too, and your skill is very cool. To be honest, I can’t find a reason to not agree to you being my companion. We can form a team, with Claire, you, and me.”

Aya was unable to answer when Aleen finished speaking.

Quickly, her eyes turned moist, and her face blushed deeply. She hugged Lily tightly and turned around, giving her back to Aleen.

Tears threatened to escape her eyes, but she stopped them forcefully. She did not want to cry in front of Aleen.

Aya then bit her lips firmly and put on a determined expression.

Finally, she turned back.

“… Me too.”

Those were the only words she said.

But Aleen could feel the great weight behind them.

He smiled widely and stared into her eyes. “Then, welcome abroad.”

 

 

 

Leona walked fiercely through the corridors of the level-six residence located in Lars Island. She was sporting an ice-cold face and did not bother paying attention to the drans trying to block her path.

She quickly reached where the level-six was staying. Leona did not bother to notify him about her arrival and walked inside without the slightest trace of courtesy. She simply pushed the door open and entered.

The level-six dran, Kdon Srive, frowned displeasedly when he saw the impolite behavior of Leona, but he quickly controlled his expression and greeted her cordially.

“Miss Leona, what brings you here? Do you want a cup of tea?”

“Don’t play the fool, Mr. Srive. Did you think that we would not discover your plot?”

Kdon Srive feigned surprised. “I don’t know what you are speaking about, miss Leona. I don’t remember plotting anything recently.”

“Is it so? How do you explain the game where two members of your race died today then?” Leona sneered with a mocking expression. “A girl from this planet hosting the Eternal Flame appeared in the game and was chased by two level-three of your race. Fortunately, the girl survived, but she was not scheduled to appear on the game in the first place.”

“Is it so? To think that something so astonishing happened today. I must admit that it’s a wonderful coincidence.”

“Coincidence, huh?” Leona stared at the level-six coldly. “Mr. Srive, allow me to remind you that this planet is not yours yet. Not until after ten years. Meanwhile, everything on this planet is under the administration of the council, and you are nothing more than someone they sent to supervise their property. Moreover, interfering with the games is a serious offense, penalized with death!”

“Mmm. I'm still unable to understand miss Leona’s meaning.” The level-six sipped a mouthful of tea while speaking indifferently.

Leona’s expression turned colder. “The council will decide about your punishment in the following days. Furthermore, you are forbidden from interfering with the host of the Eternal Flame. I hope you don't challenge the authority of the council again!” She then stood up and walked away.

Kdon Srive continued looking at her without changing his expression.

When Leona finally was gone, Kdon finally opened his mouth.

“Lnio!”

Instantly, a middle-aged dran entered the room. He bowed deeply with a respectful expression. “Your supremacy.”

“Is the shadow here already?”

“She arrived yesterday, your supremacy, but she is just at level-three. The people of the council would have noticed if we brought someone stronger in. We already send her to the human countries.”

“Very well, make sure that she takes care of the special individuals on this planet. She must do her best to kill them as soon as possible.”

“I understand. What about the Eternal Flame.”

"... Ignore it for now. Someone higher up will think about something."

The middle-aged dran nodded.

“Pay attention to this task. This planet is more valuable than we thought. We already lost an Eternal Flame, we can’t afford to lose anything else.”

17